Summer Plans

Discussions About Anything HOL Related
Prof. Ryan Granger
Moontrimmer

Summer Plans

Post by Prof. Ryan Granger » Tue May 31, 2016 11:26 pm

It's the end of May which means here in the Northern Hemisphere, it's summer! So I figured I would ask those in the Northern Hemisphere, What are your summer plans? Do you have a yearly tradition? And for you Southern Hemisphere folks, what are your winter plans?

For me, I'm working this summer so I can be a slightly less poor college student. It's also the first summer I've spent away from home, so I'm spending a lot of time with my friends which means a lot of hikes in the woods, campfires, and playing wheel of fortune. As for traditions, my family really doesn't have any solid traditions other than our family reunion. So what about you? What do you guys do for the summer?
YAY Fumei! I love it!
Ryan Granger||Ravenclaw||Ravenclaw Co-Head Prefect||Student Teacher||Library Deputy Head|
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Nimbus 1000

Re: Summer Plans

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:41 pm

Summer means sand volleyball! The group of people I play with started pickups last Saturday and as soon as I have a non-working weekend, I'll be there! I'm also playing in two volleyball leagues during the week.
Limine Snidget
Silver Arrow

Post by Limine Snidget » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:42 pm

This summer is going to be crazy busy for me. I have a dance recital coming up and then the following day I wake up at 4 am to drive four hours to get to my summer job. I'm working at a summer camp for high school students and I'm a camp counselor / tutor / teacher. They basically just made up a job title for me because I do the oddest combination of things for them, which makes the whole thing so complicated to explain to people, like my family, who ask about my job. As soon as I'm done with that I'll be spending quite a bit of time moving. How I'm going to transport my thousands of books I have no idea yet.. Hopefully in between all of that I'll have time to prepare my classroom and lesson plans for the fall, catch some baseball games, read some of my neverending to-read-list, and do a bit of traveling!
Prof. Arielle Lemoyne
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Arielle Lemoyne » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:58 pm

I'm pretty much just continuing life as a grad student (finally collecting data!) and, more importantly, life as a dog owner. I legit have more things planned to do with my dog than to do with other people >> I'm excited to experience summer in this town though! And I found out that a few people I know play tennis, so hopefully we can make that happen. I'm also planning to go to Pennsylvania to see family and friends a few times, possibly go on vacation with my family, and make a few other trips to see people here and there. And of course, continuing with my attempts to persuade people to visit me...apparently "we have Lincoln!" and "we have corn!" are not very appealing ): Probably not going to be the most exciting summer of my life, but anything beats last summer haha.
Limine Snidget
Silver Arrow

Post by Limine Snidget » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:58 am

Arielle Lemoyne wrote:I'm also planning to go to Pennsylvania to see family and friends a few times, possibly go on vacation with my family, and make a few other trips to see people here and there.
friends & people = meeeeeeeeeeeeee
Prof. Arielle Lemoyne
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Arielle Lemoyne » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:13 am

of course! :D :D

Return to “Discussions”