Help plan my wedding!

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL
Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Help plan my wedding!

Post by Maxwell Shadow » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:23 pm

Hey guys. I'm in the process of starting to plan my wedding for next Summer and there's so much to do. I really want some Harry Potter themed bits and bobs during the day but I won't get away with a full Potter themed wedding unfortunately! If you could do one Harry Potter thing during the day (service or reception) what would it be? I'm up for being crafty as long as it's not too expensive All ideas greatfully receievd :D
Slytherin forever
February Fortescue
Oakshaft 79

Re: Help plan my wedding!

Post by February Fortescue » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:31 am

Those candles floating from the ceiling n the Great Hall. Lots of instructions on how to create the effect online.
av and sig by talented Prof. Fumei Spookie
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:38 pm

Make lots and lots of black pointed witches hats from paper. Different sizes, so there will be 'something' that fits everyone. You could have the kind that the kids wear, just the black pointed hats, as well as the kind with the brim. Let folks know, in advance, that they will be there, and that you will be having a picture with everyone wearing a hat. (That might help those who don't want to wear one get one on, if only to be in the picture.)

I just googled and there are lots of tutorials for how to make them. Different sizes and styles and everything.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... image by Susan Seddon Boulet
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Will Lestrange
Cleansweep One

Post by Will Lestrange » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:00 am

I'd want to find some way to simulate the Sorting! (maybe have someone ask guests questions and declare a House for them?)
Kim Alting
Comet 140

Post by Kim Alting » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:02 am

Let people sign your guestbook with quills?

You could also use HP invitations? ;)

Maybe this as your bouquet?

Name tables after HP locations?

Hang these on the back of you and your soon-to-be-husband's chair:
Polaris Black
Comet 140

Post by Polaris Black » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:49 pm

A "Liquid Luck" Champagne toast!
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:48 pm

Here are some ideas based on my and 2 of my friend's weddings:

-buy a bunch of those little apothecary jars, fill them with jellybeans and put a "bertie botts" label on them

-If you are doing a wedding/reception slideshow you could film yourself pacing in a hallway thinking about the perfect partner, and then a door appear and when you open it there they are!

-Make your wedding program look like the Maurader's map

-Your tables at the reception can have colors of the 4 houses, and you can ask everyone to sit where they feel best, then you won't have to make a seating chart, or you can have bows at the end of aisle in the ceremony

-buy a bunch of antique keys (actually pretty cheap, just make sure you're getting the large ones and not the charm size ones), attached cards with names and use those as place cards

-For your sendoff, you could have everyone raise a wand (or get the long sparklers!) for you to walk under!

Return to “Discussions”