So many classes. Which HOL class was your favourite?

Discussions About Anything HOL Related

Moderator: Maxwell Shadow

Ariella McManus
Silver Arrow

So many classes. Which HOL class was your favourite?

Postby Ariella McManus » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:22 pm

Though I would dare say that all of the classes here at HOL are simply amazing, some stand out more than others to me. Of all the classes you have taken, which one was your favourite and why?
Ravenclaw Prefect/Head Student/Student Teacher/ar1107
“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!”

Bull J. Johnson
Moontrimmer

Re: So many classes. Which HOL class was your favourite?

Postby Bull J. Johnson » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:39 am

I like Portable Potions its easy and all you have to write is one paragraph per recipe you make. Its the easiest class I've had on here yet.

Gail Allen
No broom

Postby Gail Allen » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:13 pm

I love HOL Quidditch. It has really gotten to show me how much fun Quidditch can be and I think that's a great accomplishment of a class. To not only educate its students about something, but make them interested enough to also go out and do whatever is being taught, on their own time.

I am also very happy with HOL 101. It teaches a lot about hol and makes you go to places of HOL you wouldn't have otherwise. I am for instance extremely happy it wanted us to sign up for other common rooms, or I likely wouldn't have gotten the idea to sign up for those, and then I wouldn't have found Hufflepuff's amazing DHoH Challenges, and they are so much fun! I wouldn't want to not have participated in those.
Thank you Cassie for the signature!

Sky Alton
Silver Arrow

Postby Sky Alton » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:28 pm

I've taken so many over the years (and that's even with doing a reduced number due to time constraints) and they've all been fantastic.
Off the top of my head I think Wand-making is probably my top pick because I got a beautiful wand out of it (let's not mention the beautifully manicured nails that were sacrificed in the making of, though). More than that- it was thought-provoking and relied a lot on personal insight. The lessons were also amazingly interesting.
For sheer fun factor and creativity though, Doctor Who class in my second year has to get a massive mention.

But, as ever, there are too many awesome classes out there and too little time!
"Does the Walker choose the path or the path the walker?" -Garth Nix
(Av/sig by Amy!)

Return to “Students Lounge”