Leap Day Birthday

Discussions About Anything HOL Related
Polaris Black
Comet 140

Leap Day Birthday

Post by Polaris Black » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:23 pm

The odds of being a leap day baby are 1 in 1,461. People born on a leap day have some challenges ahead; fake ID confiscation, driver’s license renewal date, and filling out web forms, just to name a few.

Do you know anyone born on 29th February? Do they find it fun or more of a pain?
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: Leap Day Birthday

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:28 pm

I don't know anyone who was born on the 29th of February. I do know, however, of folks who got married on that date.

Of people in books and plays --- in the Pirates of Penzance, Frederic was born on the 29th of February.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... image by Susan Seddon Boulet
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Post by Maxwell Shadow » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:01 am

My partner's Grandad is celebrating his 21st Birthday today XD This is only the second proper birthday of his that I've known but it looks like the family try to make it a big one seeing as it only comes about once every 4 years.

I also learnt today that the daughter of my boss was born on Feb 29th so is 16 today but celebrating her 4th birthday. It's a funny world!
Slytherin forever
Leonie Hauri
Moontrimmer

Post by Leonie Hauri » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:33 am

I don't personally know anyone born on leap day (though my father was born on the 28th of February), but my mother did. She said that she knew someone born on leap day, and on their 64th birthday they celebrated their Sweet Sixteen.
The Eagles are coming!
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one."
Limine Snidget
Silver Arrow

Post by Limine Snidget » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:49 pm

One of my really close friends (who interestingly enough is actually a HOL member) has a leap day birthday. Yesterday a bunch of us kept pestering her about how she's a fourth of her age and therefore not even 10 years old yet. :P

Return to “Discussions”