What is Your Dream Country?

Discussions About Anything HOL Related
Ariella McManus
Silver Arrow

What is Your Dream Country?

Post by Ariella McManus » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:03 pm

If you are anything like me, you've dreamed at one point or the other about living in another country. What is your dream country and why? For myself, it's Ireland. Ever since I was a very little girl, I've been totally obsessed with it. I'm not really sure why; maybe it's just in my blood as my Dad's family is from there.
Ravenclaw Prefect/Head Student/Student Teacher/ar1107
“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!”
Kaiwa Alexandra
Oakshaft 79

Re: What is Your Dream Country?

Post by Kaiwa Alexandra » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:14 pm

Mine is New Zealand.
It's far down under where everything is green and it has summer in December and Winter in July.
I like being unusual XD
Prof. Arielle Lemoyne
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Arielle Lemoyne » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:15 am

I'd love to visit both Ireland and New Zealand! My dream country is Chile, which is maybe cheating since I did study abroad there for several months, but I definitely fantasized about just staying there and I think about going back a lot. I'm not really sure what it is either. Maybe all this time in the US midwest is leaving me longing for some mountains.
Austin Ollivander Black
Oakshaft 79

Post by Austin Ollivander Black » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:13 pm

My dream country would be either Scotland or Germany...but not the touristy places in Scotland is say the northwestern highlands and in Germany the Black Forrest.
Image RQT 2017/18
Resyarrina Elora
Oakshaft 79

Post by Resyarrina Elora » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:49 pm

My dream country is Rome, i like the classic and modern mix together!
Vanessa Tilley
Oakshaft 79

Post by Vanessa Tilley » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:29 pm

My dream country to visit and live in would be Japan! I just love Japanese culture and food. I am so jealous of my friends who have been there to visit and put up the most amazing pictures on Facebook. Maybe someday I can go and visit the Miyazaki studio! It is definitely on my bucket list. :wub:
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Post by Shiloh Adlar » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:44 pm

I would really love to go to Greece, Russia, or Italy. I love Greece because of Greek Mythology and the theatrics that were done there. Russia, I would love because of the ballet. I've never seen the Bolshoi Ballet besides on video and same with the Mariinsky Ballet. I also love Italy for its history of art, architecture and culture in general. I would love to go there, specifically Tuscany to learn more about Etruscan culture as it's one of the ancient civilizations that fascinates me.
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Emanuel Hines
No broom

Post by Emanuel Hines » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:57 am

I would like to visit Poland again, it was magical there. And of course England- all those famous things in there. On my wish list is also any country in Africa, so I will be able to experience the Sahara and see all those amazing animals.
Gail Allen
Moontrimmer

Post by Gail Allen » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:28 pm

France would be my dream country.
Coming from a fairly wet and cold country, I love the idea of a place where you can actually expect warm summers on a regular basis and would at least most years have more than a few days where wearing shorts or skirts would be appropriate for going out of your front door.
But, again because of what I grew up with, I am not very good with too hot temperatures, so I need to stay in a somewhat moderate area. France seems like a good compromise.
Thank you Cassie for the signature!

Return to “Discussions”