Favorite Month of the Year

Discussions About Anything HOL Related

Moderator: Kendra Givens

Prof. Limine Snidget
Cleansweep One

Favorite Month of the Year

Postby Prof. Limine Snidget » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:01 am

My friend and I think February is the best month of year. Although, we're probably biased because both our birthdays are in February. Of my three college roommates, one of my roommates had a birthday the week before mine, and another was the week after mine, so the time around my birthday was just a major celebration of all our birthdays. And then there are other reasons I like February so much.... I like the uniqueness of February - the fact that it has only 28 days, except for leap years where we get an extra day during this month. With the holidays over and the Christmas decorations finally put away mid-January, February is a nice relaxing month after the crazy holidays. Going to school, and now that I teach, February is kind of nice because there are quite a few holidays that I get days off for. So while I'm not all that fond of the concept of Valentine's Day (but that's a whole other discussion) I think February is a pretty awesome month.

Does anyone else have a favorite month? December because of the holidays? Halloween during October? A summer month?

February Fortescue
Oakshaft 79

Re: Favorite Month of the Year

Postby February Fortescue » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:32 pm

I was born in February (no surprise there) but this is truly my least favorite month of the year. I always think if I can make it through February, the rest of the year will be a cinch.

My favorite month is June. Not too hot, not too cold, almost summer, longest days of the year, just gorgeous.
av and sig by talented Prof. Fumei Spookie

Kim Alting
Comet 140

Postby Kim Alting » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:21 pm

I love December. Not because of the cold, noooo. I love it because of the cozyness, Christmas, New Year's... :)
I also like July and August, summermonths. B)

Ivelisse Ada
Oakshaft 79

Postby Ivelisse Ada » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:41 pm

I'm a September person. The temperature here is just right - I can wear jeans and a t-shirt, maybe a sweater depending on the day. I love not having to trudge around with extra clothes, and I honestly hate the heat, so September is usually the perfect middle ground. Plus, as I'm still in school, it's the exciting "new beginning" for me... I get to go school supply shopping, which is my favourite thing ever, and I get to learn new things and pick new HOL classes! All around, it's a great month.
Thank you to Prof. Kyrie Adderholt!!

Hermione Brontë
No broom

Postby Hermione Brontë » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:51 pm

August, without a doubt. Not because of the weather (because I totally hate when its too hot) but because is a month where have happened a lot of good things to me in general, like family reunions and trips and getting my guinea pig, Teddy...

Its followed by October. This time it is because of the weather and the general feeling I get from it.
Siggy by Fumei Elf <3

Kendra Givens
Oakshaft 79

Postby Kendra Givens » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:01 am

This is a tough one for me. My siblings and I were all born in April, and I love that it's spring and all of the wildlife has started to regenerate from the gross, ugly winter. I love that it starts getting lighter out at night so that you can go for walks after work in the nice weather. BUT I love the coloration and feel of September possibly more. I love the changing leaves and I adore hoodie weather. Summer is nice, but can get too hot and I burn really easily with my pale skin. Winter is beautiful with the first snowfall and coziness of being inside with warm beverages, but then it gets miserable and long. Sooo April or September for me!

Return to “Students Lounge”