What's Your Dream Job In The Wizarding World?

Discussions About Anything HOL Related
Ariella McManus
Silver Arrow

What's Your Dream Job In The Wizarding World?

Post by Ariella McManus » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:08 pm

If you could pick any job in the wizarding world, what would it be and why?

Personally, I would want to be a Healer because as a former EMT, I've always been fascinated with the world of medicine. I feel it would be a perfect fit for me.

Your turn :D
Ravenclaw Prefect/Head Student/Student Teacher/ar1107
“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!”
Kathren Johnsun
No broom

Re: What's Your Dream Job In The Wizarding World?

Post by Kathren Johnsun » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:26 pm

I would be a potions master. Science is and always has been my favorite subject in school, and I feel like it would be no different in the wizarding world.
Polaris Black
Comet 140

Post by Polaris Black » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:16 am

My wand is a combination of Ash and Unicorn and has immense healing properties. I think I am destined to practice the healing magic devoted to improving the mental condition, especially since damage to the mind can be the most difficult and lengthy to cure.
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!
Joey Stark
Oakshaft 79

Post by Joey Stark » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:41 am

I've always loved animals so I think I might like to work with magical creatures, although I don't think I'd like to work at the ministry in regulation, so maybe a magical creature healer? The wizarding version of a vet I suppose.
Credit to Maxim! ^
Kim Alting
Comet 140

Post by Kim Alting » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:14 pm

I would love to become an Auror :D Hence my signature . -_-
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:19 pm

Officially I'd work with animals and plants. Encouraging and helping them to let themselves heal of the various distresses incurred in being in a 2-legger dominated world.

Unofficially, I'd be on a search-and-destroy team with a bunch of Aurors I know.
Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Hanna Inari
No broom

Post by Hanna Inari » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:54 pm

I'd like to be a scientist and research the mechanisms that allow magic and incantations to work (and create new ones), or maybe I'd research transfiguration. One more options is about parallel worlds, but those don't exist in HP universe (as far as I know).
Bull J. Johnson
Cleansweep One

Post by Bull J. Johnson » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:39 pm

I would like to work with werewolves after reading the Harry Potter series and thinking about the struggles Remus Lupin had at keeping a job and everything I would like their job to be easier. I mean a werewolf has life about as hard as AIDS people or other diseased people once had. Although I do understand that not every werewolf is good. Some of them are bad, but then there can be bad in any type of person.
Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Post by Maxwell Shadow » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:55 pm

I'd probably end up being a professor but that wouldn't be dream job. I think that being a curse breaker for Gringotts just sounds so exciting that I'd love to try it out.
Slytherin forever
February Fortescue
Oakshaft 79

Post by February Fortescue » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:07 am

I'd love to be a healer and find a way to heal those like Neville's parents and Lockhart. I'd love to be a therapist - I think one could really be used after the war. I'd love to work with animals. But in the end, I want to be a Hogwarts Librarian and invents all sorts of fun spells so books are returned on time and students don't talk in the library :D
av and sig by talented Prof. Fumei Spookie
Anisia Anom
No broom

Post by Anisia Anom » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:42 pm

I'd love to be a Healer :D
Meredith Malkins
No broom

Post by Meredith Malkins » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:12 am

Like February and Anisia, I think I'd like to be a Healer. Maybe in research or a psychiatry/psychology-based Healer? I think it would be cool to cure people like Dumbledore's sister Ariana.
Then again, a spell inventor would be cool too...
Edythe Weasley
No broom

Post by Edythe Weasley » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:39 pm

I think I would rather start with one dream job, then eventually move on to a second before I retire.

I would like to be a Herbology teacher or if possible a "Herbology/Potions in Healing" teacher (something similar to a pshycopharmacology teacher in the muggle world). Focusing on plants and potions that are used to help aid mental illnesses such as anxiety and depression, etc.

Then eventually maybe become a healer in that field at St. Mongos.

In real life, I am going to school to work with children and youth who have mental illnesses or disabilities (or possibly youth criminal justice, not sure yet). I also enjoy being around children of any age and I have many plants and flowers that I care for at home, so these jobs would be a perfect fit.
Hufflepuff Pride <3
Austin Ollivander Black
Oakshaft 79

Post by Austin Ollivander Black » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:33 pm

My dream job would be to become an Auror for the Ministry then for MACUSA after that become a teacher of Defense Against the Dark Arts and Hogwarts and possibly Ilvermorny before retiring.
Image RQT 2017/18
Shadow Gaunt
Oakshaft 79

Post by Shadow Gaunt » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:30 pm

I would like to be a professor or teacher at Hogwarts or another magical school.
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin
Resyarrina Elora
Oakshaft 79

Post by Resyarrina Elora » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:40 pm

I think the teacher suit me well, i will happy to teach at Hogwarts, however i'm not sure i can find my class, i'm not so well with directions.

But for dream job, i would like to become a traveler and then write about my journey! :)

Return to “Discussions”