Quaffle play starts with a question directed to all Chasers.
Question #1: 3 Chasers vs. 3 Chasers (All Chasers)
Question #2: 3 Chasers (of the team who answered correctly) vs. 2 opposing team's Beaters
- Beater wins --> Beater's team's Chasers vs. opposing Beaters (#2)
- Chaser wins --> then... (#3)
Question #3: 1 Chaser vs. 1 Keeper
- Keeper wins --> Keeper's team's Chasers vs. opposing Beaters (#2)
- Chaser wins --> 10 points to the Chaser who scored's team. (Keeper's team's Chasers vs. Beaters - #2)
If no one knows the answer to any question, back to Question #1
Quaffle play ends when the Snitch is caught with the following exceptions:
- If after 90 minutes the Snitch has not been caught, the game ends and neither team catching the Snitch. (Play is paused for a 3 minute break at 45 minutes in).
- If the Snitch is forfeited, Quaffle play lasts for 60 minutes. (Play pauses 30 minutes in for 3 minutes).
- If the Snitch is rescheduled, Quaffle play lasts for 75 minutes.