Week 1: Start of Term Feast RP (Great Hall task, part 2)

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Week 1: Start of Term Feast RP (Great Hall task, part 2)

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:47 pm

Max walked into the Great Hall with his chest puffed out, showing off his shiny new Head Student badge. He was very proud of this achievement and wanted all the younger students to know how important he now was. It was a little unusual for this position to be given to a fifth year but Max was sure that he was up to the job.

The house tables were already beginning to fill up with students who had been a little quicker to get off the train but there were still many empty seats. As always, the seats closest to the front of the Hall were left empty, ready for the new first year students to filter into once they’d gone through the sorting ceremony. Max hoped that the sorting wouldn’t take too long this year as he was starving - Prefect duties on the train had kept him from the trolley and he was missing his usual supply of sweets and chocolates.

Before long he spotted his good friend Blade sitting about halfway down the Slytherin table and headed straight for the empty seat next to him. “How you doing mate?” Max greeted his friend warmly with a smile. “Sorry I didn’t get to see much of you on the train, you know how it is.” While waiting for BJ to respond, Max glanced up towards the staff table. There were some new faces amongst the Professors this year which meant some new and interesting classes to take. He just hoped that the dreaded OWLs wouldn’t be too much of a drag.
Slytherin forever

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Re: Week 1: Start of Term Feast RP (Great Hall task, part 2)

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:54 am

Tarma walked into the Great Hall and proceeded to the Front Table. She was glad her chair was not in the center but off to the side. She felt she could eat and talk and relax and talk with her neighbors when sitting in the wings (so to speak). The students would be looking towards the center table where all the Sorting would be going on. Speaking of which, pretty soon the new midg students would arrive and be Sorted! That was always a magical time, she felt.

She saw Max make his way to the Slytherin table and grinned. She was aware of his being made Head Student and hoped he survived the year. How strange it was that she was now a Professor here. It seemed not that long ago she was a student getting detentions and floundering under all the homework and finding more of the secret passageways and getting extra potion ingredients for the experiments in her Dorm rooms. Now she was the one to assign homework, give detentions ... and her potion experimenting was coming along just fine -- as was her exploring the secret passageways of the castle.

Tarma waved at some of the returning Professors and then found her chair and sat down. She felt sort of funny being dressed up -- this was not her usual black robes and boots and hat but a special outfit for this evening.
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Maxim Trevelyan
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxim Trevelyan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:38 am

Maxim shuffled into The Great Hall with the other first years, looking around with bewilderment. His mother was a Muggle, and while his father was a wizard, he never spoke of magic, so Maxim was pretty much raised in a Muggle world and had no idea about anything remotely magical. Everything seemed to surprise him. Maxim looked around again as he stood near the front of the group, having a clear view of the old-looking hat, wondering how the heck it was supposed to tell what house he was supposed to be in. He then looked up at the ceiling again, amazed how it looked just like the night sky outside, as though there was no ceiling at all, which made him wonder if there really was. 'I just hope it doesn't rain,' Maxim murmured.

'Focus,' he whispered to himself as he took a quick breath to try and calm his nerves. Maxim looked back at the hat and wondered what everyone was waiting for. The odd hat suddenly moved and began to recite some verses.

For as normal as I may appear to be
Your fate within these walls rest upon me
There is no greater importance within this school
Than the decision I make as you sit upon this stool.

Due to Maxim's nerves, he didn't pay as much attention as he should to the Hat's song, but he did catch something about other houses' traits, when the next lines caught his attention.

Last but never left out of the whole
Is the house that are made tough
Those placed in Hufflepuff are ruled by their loyalty
Fairness and tolerance is your badger call
With friendships above all, these hard-workers never disappoint
Because it is you that one can always depend
That your loyalty makes you strong, and on that you will defend.

So step right up and place me on your head
I will search within and prove all that I have said
May your colors be yellow, green, blue or red,
I am sure to know
So put me on and listen carefully
As I do my important task of telling you,
Exactly where you're meant to be

When the person next to the hat told them to step forward when their name will be called, Maxim slowly stepped back, because his surname was close to the end of the alphabet. No need to be in way of letters from A to S. After quite some time, it was finally his turn. At the yell of 'Maxim Trevelyan' he jumped and ran to the stool, tripping on his way there, but luckily, he managed to remain on his feet. His cheeks colored with red as he sat down and a hat was placed on his head.

'Hm...interesting, quite a bright mind and imagination,' the Hat said. 'You'd do well in Ravenclaw. You also play fair, but can be rather sneaky when the time is right for it...not very brave, but stubborn and determined. Your friends hold you dear, and you like to see the humor in people, interesting indeed...and where to put you? Ravenclaw or...Of course...HUFFLEPUFF!' it announced the first year's house.

One of the houses cheered loudly and Maxim figured that this was the table he meant to sit at. After the hat was removed, he made a beeline to the loudest table as his tie's colors transformed into black and yellow. The first year shook hands with some people and sat on one of the empty chairs, watching the small number of first years left.
Thank you Dario!

Kim Alting
Comet 140

Postby Kim Alting » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:41 am

Kim started her second year at Hogwarts as a Prefect. She heard everyone thinking: "A second-year student becoming a Prefect?". Because she was so hardworking and could handle the responsibility well, the Headmaster and the HoH decided to give her a chance. She joined the table and sat at the beginning of the second year row, so she could see the sorting from up close, it was just a year ago that she sat there... Kim was always very helpfull and wanted to make sure to know every ickly firstie first year student by name. A tiny, shy girl sat next to her. She was very nervous for the first year, what if she didn't fit in Gryffindor? Kim explained that the Sorting Hat knew what he was doing and that she would help the girl throughout the year.

Kim looked at the main table. She made a quick eyecontact with professor Black, she looked stunning. The professor was ready to party, Kim thought. As the rest of the students and professors were coming in, Kim's best friend sat at the opposite of the table. Although the had been in contact during the summer, they missed their daily chitchat and the fun they always had. Kim looked again at Tarma and she knew one day she will be sitting at that same table. The professor gave her a nod.

Then, the sorting ceremony began.

Joey Stark
Oakshaft 79

Postby Joey Stark » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:59 pm

Joey flinched as his name was called up to be sorted. He could feel hundreds of eyes follow him up as he tried not to trip on the way to the stool at the front of the great hall. His cheeks flared red with the attention and he sat down heavily, looking out at the rows of the separate houses, all draped in their colours. He knew a little about each but only enough to look a little nervously at both the confident looking Slytherins and the boisterous Gryffindors. He was much much more concerned about his shyness and being able to make friends with anyone, regardless of house, to be too worried about where he was going to be sorted.

He clutched the sides of the stool hard as the hat engulfed his head. It was oversized and pushed his fringe into his eyes, something it was exceedingly thankful for as it allowed him to pretend just for a second that there wasn't a hall full of people staring at him. He jumped as a voice echoed loudly in his head.

"Ah, a shy one. I feel a lot of self-doubt here, but you're braver than you think"

"No way" Joey thought

"I'm never wrong you know, I can feel strong Gryffindor potential. There are introverted members of any house you know. Oh yes, but what's this here? I sense... a great capacity and passion for learning. Ah, a keen reader too I see.. and a good sense of humour, dry, witty. Yes I know just where to put you!"

Joey jumped again when the hat roared "RAVENCLAW" loudly and he blinked at the light as it was pulled from his head. He was ushered to the blue and bronze decorated table, his chest still tight with nerves. It took him a minute before he realised the roar in his ears wasn't from lightheadedness, but the cheers of his fellow Ravenclaws, who were giving him congratulatory thumps on the back as he walked alongside the table. For the first time since setting off on the Hogwart's Express, he felt himself relax a bit and smiled as he sat down. It already felt like family.
Credit to Maxim! ^

Sirius Fudge
Silver Arrow

Postby Sirius Fudge » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:41 am

Sirius entered the Great Hall, thinking that it will be another good year in Hogwarts. He looked at the bronze and blue colors of Ravenclaw all around. He remembered when Ravenclaw won the house cup last year. He then proceeded to the table for badgers, took his seat, the one near the front, and thought about the incoming ickles who would be sorted to Hufflepuff. It was four years ago when he was accepted by the noisy badgers that time. At that time, he thought of his prefect pin. Of course, he forgot to wear it again. Why was it very hard to not forget it?

He looked around and saw many familiar faces. Maxwell reminded him of this year being special. It is their OWL year. He thought of the long essays and many exams he will be taking this year. He sweat a bit and look for some water. Magically, a cup was filled with water. He drank it, thinking You never fail to amaze me! I love magic! He also saw Prof. Tarma. Look at those clothes, he thought. It was a rare occurrence of her wearing that kind of clothes. I guess this will be an interesting year.

Sirius started to get hungry. He could not wait to try again some Hogwarts food. Food cooked by house elves in Hogwarts are the best. He also could not wait to meet the rest of the Huffs, and his friends from other houses. The summer had been fun but it was nice to be back again. He was sure the additional badgers later would be a great addition to the house, as well as that it would really be a great year, not just for him but for the rest of the HOLers.

Ronja Liek
Moontrimmer

Postby Ronja Liek » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:27 am

She stepped into the Great Hall like she'd never been away from it. She was rather small and generally verry good at blending in basically any environment, so she did not stand out at all. She could still pass as a senior.. she could still manage that outward look of "Look, at me, I am the oldest and most capable here" with that inward cry of "I do not feel old enough to leave Hogwarts" behind her eyes.. and the disguise was nessesary.. For she had business at Hogwarts. Family business that was, for the Lieks had been the go-to magical family for centuries now, if you wanted some property lost of found.. especially if that property was not yours, and you'd rather wish it were.

Not that the students would have much to fear, Ronja's days of relocating textbooks and house-gemstones were over. She was a post Grad now, and the only reason to step back in here was because Hogwarts was home to a rather special potion ingredient that she needed. Or well,.. a friend of hers needed it, for a rather special potion that could safe lives. ( Or stop them, which was why the ingredient wasn't just for sale)

She looked at the sorting, and beyond at the table filled with Professors. Hmm.. Tarma might recognize her. That could be a problem... But she had a coverstory ready.
My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.

February Fortescue
Oakshaft 79

Postby February Fortescue » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:00 pm

February was a bit nervous returning to Hogwarts after a couple of years hiatus, but soon felt right at home. She remembered Max, who began when she did, and was thrilled she was Head Student. She knew Rayne, who was one of the most helpful and kind people around and had answered her endless questions. She recalled spotting Fumei and her artwork here and begging for a siggy. Professor Padfoot was her First Friend and gave her a gift which actually made her cry. She did notice one of her favorite professors was gone, but overall, she was glad to be back.

She took her seat and waited for the endless food to begin arriving at the tables. She brought her cat with her this year and also a small bag she could use to sneak food back to her cat. "Dasher is not used to hunting for her own food!" she thought. "Surely we'll have something to eat she likes. If not, I'm sure I can send for a House Elf. Oh, look, Treacle Tart!"
av and sig by talented Prof. Fumei Spookie

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:38 pm

The Sorting Hat had a new song --
Because it is you that one can always depend
That your loyalty makes you strong, and on that you will defend.

Yes, Hufflepuff -- they were the ones to stay and fight Moldy Voldy and his followers at the Battle of Hogwarts -- because it was the thing to do. Nothing 'special' about it at all, just being true to their natures.

She looked around to see who she would recognize amongst the students, returning ones and perhaps even new ones. Family characteristics did sometimes follow through - just look at the Weasley family! Oh, there's Kim and she nodded at Kim. Hey, there's Sirius. He is looking sort of, what, anxious? Well, anxious and very happy! Tarma smiled at Sirius, wondering what trouble he would get into this year.

Ha. She wondered what had happened that that boy jumped when the Sorting Hat was put on his head. Or maybe it was just that the Hat spoke in his head?

OH wait. Wait. Who is that? There, walking into the Great Hall, who is that young woman. Tarma thought oh no, she graduated a while ago. What's she doing here? She thought and thought but couldn't remember the small young woman's name. Oh well, it'll come to her (probably in the middle of the night).

And there was another student, sitting at Slytherin. She'd not been around for a while and was now returning? Well, that happened more often than not, especially with families who had been involved with Death Eaters in some way -- hurt, damaged or dead.

The Sorting continued ... Tarma looked around surreptiously. Oh, there! She caused the bowl of little chocolate biscuits to slide towards her. When it got within her reach, she took a couple. She was hungry!
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Ronja Liek
Moontrimmer

Postby Ronja Liek » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:04 pm

Habit brought Ronja to the Gryffindor table where she sat down. She looked round and nodded at a random first year. Or perhaps second year. Or maybe even a small third year... She'd grown up since she graduated, they all looked so young.

"Ready for a new year?" she asked. "Wand polished and all that?"
My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.

Rayne Devereaux
No broom

Postby Rayne Devereaux » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:57 pm

Rayne entered the castle with dull, unamused blue eyes. It was her first time back to Hogwarts after being away for a few years. Her parents thought it best to bring her back to France to visit with family and learn from tutors rather than be yet another number in the Hogwarts crowd. Obviously that didn’t work out too well. Apparently using smaller cousins as test subjects for various potions was wrong. The tutoring sessions were ended once a hard line was crossed. A unanimous vote was held; the Slytherin was going back to Hogwarts.

The move back wouldn’t be all bad. Rayne missed her best friend Rosemarie and a few of her professors who she recently learned were now unfortunately retired. Even though she had to continue on as a second year due to her absence, Ray was hoping to fall into the swing of things with ease.

Familiar faces popped up here and there as soon as the brunette found herself in the Great Hall. A few students were familiar looking with names matching faces while others were no doubt first years due to their trembling limbs and worried looks. The Slytherin couldn’t help but roll her eyes. All they had to do was sit on a stool and wear a hat. They weren’t creating NEWT level potions to prove they deserved entry.

Rather than sit with some of her friends already at the house table, Rayne made herself comfortable about halfway between February and Maxwell. As much as she would love to catch up with old housemates, all the Parisian could think about was a quick dinner before retiring to the dungeons where she would continue planning Hogwarts domination.

Leonie Hauri
Moontrimmer

Postby Leonie Hauri » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:20 am

Leonie entered the Great Hall still amazed that it had been a year since she had put on that Sorting hat and entered the Ravenclaw realm. Did I really look that scared? Leonie wondered as she watched the new first years get Sorted one by one, most of them with a look of terror on their face. Leonie hoped she had been among the brave, but courage was never her strong point. If it had been, she would be a Gryffindor.

She made sure to clap loudly whenever someone was Sorted into Ravenclaw, and surveyed the room, trying to determine the odds of Ravenclaw winning the House cup. Hopefully some of the first years would bring in some points.

Leonie didn't really know anyone at the Ravenclaw table, nor anyone at any of the other tables, though she recognized some of the professors. She said "Hi" to the first years and nodded at some people she vaguely recognized, but mostky she was just trying to remember at least sl eone from the sea of faces moving around. Not names, of course, but it would ge nice to at least be able to recognize some of the students. If she could.
The Eagles are coming!
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one."

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:00 am

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt was slightly late for the sorting ceremony because she had to drag a certain new prefect away from the quidditch pitch. After finally getting Ash..the prefect off her broom, Kyrie quickly made her way to the Great Hall where Prof. Silmarien Szilagyi was waiting for her. WIth it being their first year in charge of Ravenclaw, they were both quite nervous about what was to come.

Upon walking into the Great Hall, Kyrie instantly decided that she would not be sitting at the head table. Instead, she made her way over to the Ravenclaw table to sit with her house. She had sat at that table for seven welcome feasts in the past and a new title wasn't going to change that. Finding a spot by new reserve prefect, Leonie, Kyrie sat down and immediately felt at home cheering for new members of Ravenclaw, who all seemed a bit terrified when they walked over to the Ravenclaw table and found their Head of House sitting there.
Prof. Kyrie Adderholt || Head of House || RQT

Prof. Fumei Spookie
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Fumei Spookie » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:21 pm

A new school year, a whole school year right in front of Fumei which is full of possibilities to have a bag full of tricks and treats and maybe a spell one or two to annoy an annoying poltergeist. During the summer Fumei had been plotting and planning a way to see if she still belonged at the place were she was the past four years. Fumei had created a glamour spell during the summer. Something she was able to do, beside attending all kinds of different summer camps.

Just before they got of the Hogwarts Express, Fumei had cast the glamour spell. Now she looked somewhat like a first year, except for the nervous expression almost all first years had. 'Was I also so anxious when I was a First Year?' Fumei shaked her head while waiting her turn to get the Sorting Hat on her head for a second time. Only three more First Years to go before I have that hat back on my head again.

Sophia Rudel
No broom

Postby Sophia Rudel » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:17 pm

Sophia tried to act calm as she looked around the Great Hall. There were students dotted around, with more entering every moment. She peeked around the other first years' heads to see if she could catch a glimpse of any of the ghosts her siblings had told her about. She smiled at a few of the other first years, some looked excited, some looked scared. The room was even bigger than her brother had described. She started bouncing on her toes a little as the Sorting began. Which house would she end up in? The only problem with having two alums in the family meant that both thought she should go in their house.

Sophia started as her name was called and stumbled slightly as she headed for the stool.

"It's been a few years, since I've met a Rudel, you know. Let's see, older brother was in Gryffindor. Older sister, Ravenclaw. You'd do well in both, you have the intelligence, and courage. What's this though? Mischief, cunning, and the urge to play a prank on both siblings. Well despite what you write in your next owl, you'll be...SLYTHERIN."

Sophia hopped off the stool smiling widely, and ran over to the Slytherin table to meet her new housemates.
Practice Random Acts of Reading

Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Postby Prof. Zoki Phantom » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:20 pm

Upon entering the Great Hall, Prof. Zoki could not believe how after all these players the place had remained pretty much unchanged. But a lot had changed since the first ceremony he attended, like the fact that now he was a Professor and could use the back door to enter and seat himself at the head table. He would have preferred to enter through the main door as everyone else but, alas, he was late and this year he was entering as a Headmaster. He did not want to interrupt the undergoing ceremony.

As quickly as possible he made his way to the highest seat at the table. It did feel quite uncomfortable, not because the chair lacked cushions but because he wasn't feeling properly confident about his part of the ceremony. As Headmaster it was expected of him to make a speech, and seeing the audience he had worries the speech would be considered dull. He had spent several nights trying to write a lovely opening essay, and then he spent another few nights chopping down the words till it was a mere paragraph.

Welcome,

Old and new faces, welcome to the start of another brilliant year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Let all of our new students feel at home, just the way our older students, graduates, and staff members do. Because Hogwarts is, forever and always, our home.

We have waited long enough for this date and time, I'm sure all of us would love to get some food and catch up with our friends, so let us do that.

Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

The words kept running in his head smoothly like water down a river, but having his doubts Zoki kept his fingers crossed under the table that it all goes just fine.

Lamia Brickley
Oakshaft 79

Postby Lamia Brickley » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:05 pm

Lamia hustled into the Great Hall and towards the Hufflepuff table. It was her first start of term Feast as a prefect and she was already late for that. She was just in time to listen to Prof. Zokis welcoming words and clapped loudly.

She sat next to Sirius and greeted him a bit late as she didn't want to interrupt the speech. Afterwards she looked across the hall. There was Prof. Tarma looking amazingly and there were new ickles at the Hufflepuff table. She introduced herself and welcomed them to HOL and Hufflepuff.

She remembered so very well how it was for her to being sorted and being looked at by all the students and teachers, not knowing what was to come as she is a muggle born and had no clue how everything was going to be. And now, she was starting her third year, she was a prefect and helped new students to get around in HOL and the Sett in the orientation tour where all the new ickle and the returning badgers are welcomed.

Lamia smiled and was really looking forward to a new year of classes, activites and fun with all her new and old friends. This year she also wants to make contact to other houses and getting some interhouse connections.

Aredhel Elensar
No broom

Postby Aredhel Elensar » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:17 pm

Aredhel tried to hide her excitement as she walked through the large open doors to the Great Hall, she didn't want to look too eager in front of the older kids. Her attention was caught by the vast enchanted ceiling, however, and all pretense was forgotten. She grinned broadly and her eyes started to dart around the hall; at the floating candles, the Hogwarts banners, the huge windows and the five tables that were beginning to fill up. The rest of the First Years seemed to be sat at the front of the hall so she made her way over to them, eager to sit down so that she could have a good look around the hall without anybody watching her.

In what seemed liked no time at all, the Sorting Hat was singing and Aredhel was beginning to feel nervous about her sorting. Her heart was racing when the hat called out her name and she was glad when it fell down over her face and hid how red her cheeks had become from the rest of the school.

"So... you're an eager one, you all are to start with though.... hmm. A good heart but easily influenced... this has an effect on your attention span, eh? You've got brains though girl, you just need the right environment to flourish... yes, RAVENCLAW!"

When the hat was lifted Aredhel looked straight over at the Ravenclaw table, they were cheering loudly and so she blushed again. When she joined the front of the table she smiled around at everyone and they smiled back, they all seemed nice enough, this was her new home. Happily, Aredhel relaxed and watched the rest of the sorting ceremony unfold.

Matilde Rayne
Moontrimmer

Postby Matilde Rayne » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:19 pm

Mattie shifted uncomfortably in her seat about midway up the Ravenclaw table. The start of term feast and sorting ceremony was one of the only times of the year she felt obligated to act as proper as some might say a prefect always should, at least in terms of appearances. It was a special day indeed when this eagle replaced her usual jeans, t-shirt, or Quidditch jersey for the more typical school uniform, pleated skirt and all. And a special day it was! While there were certainly exciting things that went on at the school year round, few could compete with the importance and pleasure of welcoming new students to their halls.

She glanced at the group of first years gathering in the hall. Most seemed to be experiencing some mixture of excitement and nerves, which was normal. She frowned slightly at one student near the back of the group, who didn't seem to be either nervous or overly excited. She wondered why, but also found the more she focused on this student's face, the more she felt the need to look away. Curious.

Letting her attention wander to the House tables, Mattie noticed a familiar face at the Slytherin table; she hadn't seen Rayne for a few years, but it seemed that wherever she had gone to, she was returning for the coming year. Another vaguely familiar face stood out to her - Ronja, she thought her name was, though they'd never properly met. She thought that the Gryffindor had already graduated and so was a bit confused at seeing her, but it was hardly the first time a graduate had returned, so although she gave the lion a second glance, the sighting caused little reason for concern.

As the sorting ceremony began, Mattie flattened out a small piece of parchment in front of her and pulled out a quill. While there would obviously be plenty of time during the year to get to know the new students, she wanted to get off to a good start with matching up names with new faces and Houses.

New Ravenclaws, Aredhel, Joey, both seemed nervous, but looking happier after being sorted; check in with them later!

Sophia, Slytherin - related to the Rudel from Ravenclaw some years back? Maxim, Hufflepuff - seems surprised, Muggle-born?

Each time a new Ravenclaw was sorted, she paused in her note taking to clap enthusiastically and smile in welcome. Once the pack of first years had thinned out some, Mattie found her attention drawn to that curiously unaffected first year. She looked a bit like a first year - or at least her face was unfamiliar, though she did seem a bit older than the others somehow.

Mattie turned to some of the Ravenclaws sitting nearest her, including Leonie. She paused for a moment, realizing that her Head of House was sitting nearby - apparently she was so used to having Kyrie sit with them that she hadn't really noticed earlier - then asked, "Do any of you recognize that first year at the end of the group? There's something about her..."

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:58 pm

Tarma relaxed a bit. The Sorting Hat was taking it's own sweet time, as it always did, but the students were being Sorted and going to their respective tables. Some were enthusiastic and happy about it and some appeared shocked, surprised and or despondent, but they all went to their new 'family'.

Those chocolate biscuits were good. Oh, look, there are some luscious purple grapes.
Unfortunately there were other bowls and things in the way between her and the grapes so she couldn't just have the bowl slide over. Well, she could but a sliding bowl would be sort of obvious -- she remembered being a student and watching the people at the front tables and thought she would have noticed a bowl sliding along. So what to do. Oh, no, not a hover charm for a bunch of grapes, that would be obvious too.

Ah! Diffindo and accio! Yes, sever a grape or 4 from the bunch. That would be virtually invisible to all the students, even if they were watching, and most of the Professors at the table were giving, or appeared to be giving, their attention to the Sorting. Carefully, she selected the most delicious looking grapes in the bunch. Although a properly enunciated charm was always sort of impressive, non-verbal was the way to go in this case ... She severed the chosen grapes and accio grapes! They zoomed right to her waiting hand and she closed it quietly.

Oh oh. She had severed 4. She had three grapes in her hand. Where did the fourth one go to? She glanced up the staff table, to see if there was a grape laying on the table, in a cup of coffee, a water glass or ... where?

Return to “HOL Appreciation Month”