HOL Appreciation Month

Prof. Amy Lupin
Comet 180

HOL Appreciation Month

Postby Prof. Amy Lupin » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:40 pm

Just as each House has their own special month set aside for them -- whether it is Gryfftoberfest, Huffleween, Slythmas or Ravenclaw Pride Month -- HOL has a special month of its own: HOL Appreciation Month.

Join us in celebrating HOL and the people, you, who help make it special!

This activity is open to all HOLers and there are no sign-ups involved, so you can jump in at any point in the activity.

Each week there will be a series of tasks for you to complete. There will be both creative and written tasks, as well as puzzles. These will relate to the different areas of HOL.

This year marks HOL's 15th year, making it one of the longest running Harry Potter sites. While there will be a number of other tasks and activities held throughout the school year to commemorate the upcoming 15th anniversary of HOL, some of the tasks in this particular activity will relate to the anniversary in some way.

Points and Awards

You will be able to earn up to 120 points for this activity.

Each task will be worth 10 points, although some tasks might have more than one part to it.

We will be implementing a late policy for the activity. If you submit a task after the week in which it was posted, you will only receive half the points for it (i.e. 5 points). There will be weekly deadlines, as well as one final deadline, which is 30 September.

There will be a number of opportunities to earn beans along the way so keep an eye out for those!

In addition, the following awards can be earned from this activity:

The Bronze Spirit Award will be given to those who complete at least four tasks.
The Silver Spirit Award will be given to those who demonstrate creativity.
The Gold Spirit Award will be given for achieving your goals by the end of the year (keep an eye out for this task!)
Lastly, the Platinum Spirit Award will be given to those who embody HOL Spirit and/or go over and above in their submissions.

Schedule

31 August: Week 1 tasks released (due on 6 September)
7 September: Week 2 tasks released (due on 13 September)
14 September: Week 3 tasks released (due on 20 September)
21 September: Week 4 tasks released (due on 27 September)
30 September: Final deadline for all tasks

"I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do."
- Edward Everett Hale

Prof. Amy Lupin
Comet 180

Re: HOL Appreciation Month

Postby Prof. Amy Lupin » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:25 pm

Two more days left to submit Week 1's tasks in order to get full points!

If you miss the deadline, you can still join in! There are no sign ups for this activity and we'll also be accepting submissions throughout the month for previous weeks (although for fewer points).

"I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do."
- Edward Everett Hale

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:07 pm

Just under 12 hours to go to earn full points on the week 1 tasks. I hope the Feast RP will keep going though - I'm really enjoying reading all the responses, the sortings are especially awesome as that's what we come to Hogwarts for!
Slytherin forever

Prof. Amy Lupin
Comet 180

Postby Prof. Amy Lupin » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:55 pm

Just a reminder that Week 2's tasks are due tonight if you would like to earn full points.

Feel free to still send in submissions for last week's tasks if you haven't already done so.

- Edward Everett Hale

Prof. Amy Lupin
Comet 180

Postby Prof. Amy Lupin » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:22 am

Week 3’s tasks are due tonight if you would like to earn full points.

Just a reminder that the final due date for all tasks is 30 September, so you can still send in submissions for any tasks you might have missed.

- Edward Everett Hale

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:06 pm

You still have just about an hour to submit the week three tasks for full marks but since I'm going to bed now I didn't think you'd mind getting the final tasks a little early! Enjoy :D
Slytherin forever

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:26 am

Week 4’s tasks are due tomorrow if you would like to earn full points.

Remember that the final due date for all tasks is 30 September, so you can still send in submissions for any tasks you might have missed.
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Cliodna Levebre
No broom

Postby Cliodna Levebre » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:35 am

Well, Professor.. you said that the final due date for all tasks is 30 September, does it mean that I can still send the task 1 (which is due on September 6) before that final due date? If so... I will do all the tasks I missed

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:17 am

Yes. ALL of the tasks can still be sent in up until September 30th, albeit you won't receive the full amount of points you'd have received if you sent them in timely.

HOL Appreciation Month
We will be implementing a late policy for the activity. If you submit a task after the week in which it was posted, you will only receive half the points for it (i.e. 5 points). There will be weekly deadlines, as well as one final deadline, which is 30 September.
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Prof. Amy Lupin
Comet 180

Postby Prof. Amy Lupin » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:54 am

Last day for submissions!

- Edward Everett Hale

Return to “HOL Appreciation Month”