Part 1: Title a new thread with the month and your name (i.e. "September Workshop - Arielle"), and post a poem you have written - it can be the one you wrote for this month's assignment, one you've written previously on your own and want comments on, or one you just wrote for fun now and wanted to share.
Part 2: Your next task is to look for 1-2 other threads from that month, read the poems, and post at least 100 words of comments.
What sorts of comments should you be making?
- It's often good to start out by explaining how you interpret the poem. I've found this to be a really good way to tell if I've successfully conveyed the meaning I had in mind.
- This poem is about_____
- Point out parts you think are strong and explain why
- I thought ___ was really effective because _____
- I really liked _____ because ____
- Give suggestions on what you might change or ways to expand the poem
- Have you thought about ____
- I might try doing _____
- What if you elaborated on____