My name is Medea de Troja, and I am a third year Ravenclaw who has been on HOL for about half a decade.
Currently, I am taking 5 classes: this Greek Mythology class, Ancient Civilizations, Sign Language, The Her in Hero and a Treasure Hunt class.
In real life, I am a struggling second year medical student from South Africa who is desperately hoping to pass both this year and HOL (pls pray for me friends). I spend most of my free time sharing memes on social media and crying that I do not have enough time to study while stuffing my face with cookies and other miscellaneous snacks.
Annnnd now for the questions :
1) I chose to take this class because firstly I have been obsessed with Greek mythology since I was about 12 and secondly, I ran my own Greek Mythology 101 class for one term back in the day and wanted to have te experience of taking a Greek myth class instead of running one. I also enjoyed that the syllabus seems to cover things that I hadn't in my class and that these were things I often forgot in my perusal of the mythology.
2) I'm hoping to learn a lot about mythology structure as a whole, with some fun, obscure myths thrown in because the obscure kind are always my favourite. I also look forward to doing ALL THE CREATIVE TASKS as an excuse to get back to writing, another hobby of mine.
3) Yes, I have been a scholar of Greek myth since I was 12 and then even more so after the Percy Jackson classes.
4) My first mythological love was Egyptian myth, and over the years, I have explored Norse myth in a class on HOL too as well as Roman myth alongside the Greek.
5) I am really into the new pale pastel almost dirty pink that is highly on trend at the moment because it is so pretty and aaaaahhhhhhh, however, if you asked this question to childhood me who had only disdain for things like pink being forced on her because she was a girl, you would have been met with nothing but pure, unadulterated disgust.