Beans and Buying

Ask Questions About HOL
Please Check the FAQ First

Moderators: Prefect, Headstudent

Katya Snow
No broom

Beans and Buying

Postby Katya Snow » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:09 pm

Hi there! i just had a weird question and i couldn't find anything about it in the handbook or whatever so i thought i'd just ask.

I've noticed that there are several places in Hogsmede where you can buy things for Beans. Things like Aconite and Eagle feather quills and Spells for Beginners Vol 1. are these items actually useful for anything? Like, can i actually read the book and use it in, say, Transfiguration class? can i make Potions out of Aconite or use the Quills for anything?

Also i've noticed thing about Chocolate Frog Cards? there was a bunch being sold in the Thrift Shop but i wasn't sure what they where for and i'm trying to save up for an Owl... if they ever go on sale in the shop ever again, all i ever see is toads.

Any explanation at all here would be great and thanks for all the help you've given me already! ^^

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Re: Beans and Buying

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:16 pm

HoneyDukes only sells chocolate frogs. When they are in your inventory you can open them to reveal the card, and add the card to your collection. You only want one of each card, so you sell multiples.the ones in the thrift shop are other people's multiples, which you can buy if you don't want to risk getting a card if you already have.

Some of the books you can read. As for ingredients, they're for a part of HOL that no longer exists, like the dueling you're supposed to be able to do with your wand. So now they're just nice to have.

The quills are what you earn for completing classes, so they're nice to have, or sell if you desperately need the beans

Katya Snow
No broom

Postby Katya Snow » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:36 pm

oooooh okay that makes sense! thanks so much! i noticed i can grow plants in the greenhouse and sell the items but i couldn't figure out what they where for either. i guess it's just for bean trading now. ^^ thanks so much Ariana Stonewater!

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:38 pm

Katya Snow wrote:oooooh okay that makes sense! thanks so much! i noticed i can grow plants in the greenhouse and sell the items but i couldn't figure out what they where for either. i guess it's just for bean trading now. ^^ thanks so much Ariana Stonewater!

Yes, pretty much just bean trading. But beans let you buy pets, and you need beans to feed pets, so at least they're good for that! :D

Return to “Ask a Prefect”