Getting into Harry Potter story

Ask Questions About HOL
Please Check the FAQ First

Moderators: Prefect, Headstudent

Katya Snow
No broom

Getting into Harry Potter story

Postby Katya Snow » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:25 am

Hi there! totally new here and not sure if this is the right place to ask?

anyway i did my 'how i got into Harry Potter' about... ten, days ago? it said i was supposed to receive points for it but i never did. is it a long process or did i just somehow slip through the cracks? i don't really mind if it takes a while, if it's a longprocss i don't want to be pushy but it sounds like points are important and I'd like to be sure.

Thanks much for the help. ^^

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Re: Getting into Harry Potter story

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:26 am

Katya Snow wrote:Hi there! totally new here and not sure if this is the right place to ask?

anyway i did my 'how i got into Harry Potter' about... ten, days ago? it said i was supposed to receive points for it but i never did. is it a long process or did i just somehow slip through the cracks? i don't really mind if it takes a while, if it's a longprocss i don't want to be pushy but it sounds like points are important and I'd like to be sure.

Thanks much for the help. ^^

Sometimes it takes a bit for house points to be awarded, especially around real-world holiday times. If you haven't received them in a week or two let us know and we'll see what's up!

Katya Snow
No broom

Postby Katya Snow » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:44 pm

okay thanks! i feel better knowing for sure. ^^ i love this place! everyone is so nice and friendly and so willing to answer questions! thanks again for letting me know!

Gail Allen
No broom

Postby Gail Allen » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:13 pm

It's not exactly the same, but seemed similar enough that I'd still add it here.
I uploaded the trading card, and it was approved on the 11th of October, but I also have not gotten the points for it yet.
Is there something I ought to do about that, since that's a bit longer already?
Thank you Cassie for the signature!

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:43 pm

Gail Allen wrote:It's not exactly the same, but seemed similar enough that I'd still add it here.
I uploaded the trading card, and it was approved on the 11th of October, but I also have not gotten the points for it yet.
Is there something I ought to do about that, since that's a bit longer already?

For a good portion of the beginning of the year, the art department was having some issues, so I'm sure they're catching up on the backlog of points to be awarded, and I know Prof. Rorey and Prof. Kyrie are busy in real life, so i sent Prof. Rorey a message to see where they are on that. I'll let you know as soon as I know!

Gail Allen
No broom

Postby Gail Allen » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:37 pm

Thank you Arianna.
I do understand times getting busy. It's not a rush, I just wanted to make sure since it seemed a month or so was the norm from what you said above.

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:48 pm

Gail Allen wrote:Thank you Arianna.
I do understand times getting busy. It's not a rush, I just wanted to make sure since it seemed a month or so was the norm from what you said above.

Yes, especially this year, we've had a lot going on with moving HOLLERS to the HOL Forum (it used to be on a separate website) big positions being changed, updating the website, etc its been very busy! There are still some professors who haven't given out spring 2016 awards! Just keep a note of things and remind us every once in a while!

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:01 pm

Unfortunately the Art department still goes unfixed (which is why no new projects have been given). Kyrie and I have requested numerous updates regarding this, but alas we still wait. Hopefully soon it will be fixed.

Gail I can manually give you points for your Trading Card. :)
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~pr_pad~*~Hufflepuff Co-HoH~

Gail Allen
No broom

Postby Gail Allen » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:21 pm

Thank you Rorey? It is a shame it's not working as it should. I hope it gets fixed soon. That will probably make everything much easier for you.

Return to “Ask a Prefect”