Ask Questions About HOL
Please Check the FAQ First

Moderators: Prefect, Headstudent

Ashlynn Slitherstone
No broom

Cannot get sufficent quills

Postby Ashlynn Slitherstone » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:51 pm

hey there,
i am unable to get 2 quills this year due to not being approved for 4/5 of my classes. i am only in 1 confirmed class, and thus, will (hopefully) receive just ONE quill, but i need two! what do i do? none of the other classes take my fancy. i think the professors are inactive, i signed up for a class (roughly) 2 months go, and my second class got approved before my first one. what do i do?
-Ashlynn

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Re: Cannot get sufficent quills

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:09 pm

no worries! It's 2 quills A YEAR, not a TERM. If you get at least one quill in the spring you can still move up to the next year!

The term is not over until January so its possible you can still be approved to the other classes. Have you tried messaging the professors?

Prof. Arielle Lemoyne
Silver Arrow

Re: Cannot get sufficent quills

Postby Prof. Arielle Lemoyne » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:21 am

Hi Ashlynn! I just noticed you were on my sign-up list for Dueling, so you're now added to my class :)

I peeked at your profile as well to see what other classes you signed up for, and I'm pretty confident that your other professors are active as well, so I wouldn't worry! Since we're in the middle of term, most classes only get a new sign-up or two every few weeks, if that, so professors probably aren't checking their sign-ups very often (I know I'm not). I also sometimes forget to check for new sign ups because it's a fairly recent change to allow them throughout the whole term. In other words, I don't think you need to be worried that your professors aren't around :)

I think you could go ahead and start sending in assignments (if you haven't done so already), and I'm sure you'll be approved whenever the professor does their grading!

Return to “Ask a Prefect”