Did I miss class sign ups?

Ask Questions About HOL
Please Check the FAQ First

Moderators: Headstudent, Prefect

Nora Nightingale
No broom

Did I miss class sign ups?

Postby Nora Nightingale » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:14 pm

Hey all. Super newbie here. I was really excited that I joined in time for classes. I read that sign ups for Fall Term start mid-August, but when I go to Classes, it says I missed the deadline. Did sign ups happen early? Am I too new to take classes? Or have they not opened up yet? Thanks in advance.

-Nora

February Fortescue
Oakshaft 79

Re: Did I miss class sign ups?

Postby February Fortescue » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:25 pm

Hi Nora!

No worries, you haven't missed anything at all. Sign ups will be soon, and classes don't officially begin until September 1st.

While you are logged in to the main HOL page, if you click on Exciting Classes, this area will list the new classes you'll get to choose from once they are posted. You can also go to the right hand side under Main Areas - HOL Handbook - Classes - and this area will give you more even more information.

Welcome to HOL.
av and sig by talented Prof. Fumei Spookie

Nora Nightingale
No broom

Postby Nora Nightingale » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:30 pm

Super cool, I'll start thinking about what classes I'm interested in. Thanks much! :)

Lucy Tyler
No broom

Postby Lucy Tyler » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:29 pm

Heya, another super newbie. It says on the signups page that signups will open on the first of September- it seems a little odd to have signups start on the first day of class, but at least I haven't missed it :) My question was- how many classes would there usually be? Are the ones showing at the moment there from the previous term, or are they current? Are they all the current ones, or do some only appear once signups open?

Prof. Ryan Granger
Moontrimmer

Postby Prof. Ryan Granger » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:38 pm

Hi there Lucy!

Here on HOL we have a wide variety of classes to choose from. Now as for a specific number of classes, we won't really know until the entire class list has been posted. There are of course, more than what is listed on the classes page now. The class list is still be worked on by the head office at this point, so it looks like the classes on the list will be just some of the current ones. The class list should be up in its entirety once sign-ups roll around, the HOL site is being quite a pain right now so the list isn't up there.

You can see the ENTIRE class list by following this link HERE.

Hope this helps!
YAY Fumei! I love it!
Ryan Granger||Ravenclaw||Ravenclaw Co-Head Prefect||Student Teacher||Library Deputy Head|

Minimire Galfindo
No broom

Postby Minimire Galfindo » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:45 am

Hi all! I'm a Super newbie here as well, just joined today, so I wanted to ask, do all class sign ups begin on September 1st? Because some said that sign ups are open while some said that they are closed. And what happens if I miss it? Will I have to wait till next year September?

Also, is there a course called magizoology? Because I remember coming across it in one of the classroom websites but I can't find it anywhere in the classes. I really hope there is such a course because I am most excited about that one XD

Thank you in advance!

-Minimire

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:41 pm

All class sign-ups start in September, and after that most classes stay open, depending on the teacher. You can still sign up!

I don't think there is a magizoology this term, but classes tend to change each term so maybe there will be one in the spring!

Prof. Arielle Lemoyne
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Arielle Lemoyne » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:08 pm

I just wanted to add that if a class is listed as closed for sign-ups, you might try messaging the teacher to see if they'll add you manually. I've closed some of mine, but I'm still happy to add people late if they ask :)

The terms run September-January and February-June, so you don't have to wait too long to experience a complete term (:

P.S. Prof. Tarma Black suggests to try checking out the class forums [click] to see if teachers have anything posted about sign-ups. For example, you can find instructions for joining her Charms class: [click here].

Return to “Ask a Prefect”