Art Submission

Ask Questions About HOL
Please Check the FAQ First

Moderators: Prefect, Head Student

Leonie Hauri
Oakshaft 79

Art Submission

Postby Leonie Hauri » Sat May 14, 2016 9:37 pm

I probably waited too long before posting this, because now the art submissions for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them are closed. However, I like House Points, so there's no harm in trying.

Back when you could still post entries for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, I created a poster and submitted it to the art delartment. The only problem? I was taken to the main page where you can post your submission and my poster had not been submitted. I looked at the submitted poster and mine was not there. I did this a couple of times, checking to make sure my picture met height and width specifications and file size. It did. I sent a message to one of the heads of the Art Department on May 5th about this and they did not respond. So now I'm asking, is there anything anyone or I can do? Or is it too late?

Because I like House Points.
The Eagles are coming!
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one."

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Two

Re: Art Submission

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sat May 14, 2016 10:01 pm

With the project being closed, it is likely too late. This is unfortunate.

As a note for the future, if you are having an Art Department issue, send a message to both the Head and Deputy Head. I do not see anything in my inbox from you about it so it is likely it was missed because Rorey was on vacation at the time.

We sometimes do sort of a grab-bag project where you can pick any previous project to submit so you should hang on to the graphic.
Prof. Kyrie Adderholt || Head of House || RQT

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Re: Art Submission

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Mon May 16, 2016 3:31 pm

Hi Leonie,
I did not respond, because according to my logs you sent me a message 5/7/16 at 1:30pm Image and by the time I received it it was past the due date of the art department anyways. Submissions were due 5/9/16 but submissions close right at midnight going into 5/9/16, so you really only gave 36 hours for a response, which is cutting it close.

You were probably having issues submitting due to the size of your project. Though you stated it was less than 300kb sometimes the system has a hard time accepting submissions over 295kb at times. There really is no concrete way of telling why is accepts some and not others, so I recommend always trying to resize a graphic if it's not being accepted even though it already "fits" the size guidelines.

There is always a Art department Discussion topic set up in the Art Department Discussion area to ask any questions about any of the projects as well!
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~pr_pad~*~Hufflepuff Co-HoH~

Return to “Ask a Prefect”