Ask Questions About HOL
Please Check the FAQ First

Moderators: Headstudent, Prefect

Leonie Hauri
Oakshaft 79

Class Sign-ups

Postby Leonie Hauri » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:11 pm

Here's my dilemna.

A while back, I saw that we could sign up for spring term classes, so I signed up for some classes. I was a little confused when I saw that I was dropped from the classes for 'invalid sign-up', but not worried because I knew pretty much nothing about how signing up for the spring term would work. Instead, I figured that I had probably signed up too early. I thought that I should probably wait to sign up until I saw some sort of blog post or forum post saying class sign-ups were open. After a while passed and no such post appeared, I thought that maybe I had to wait until February before I could sign up for any more classes.

Now class sign-ups are closed, and I didn't get to sign up for any more classes. I am taking one full year class, I believe, but other than that class I am not signed up for any classes this term. I want to earn my House points and be signed up for five classes, but I missed sign-ups... Is there anything that can be done about this? Or do I just have to be satisfied with taking one class this term? And what does 'invalid sign-up' mean?
The Eagles are coming!
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one."

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Re: Class Sign-ups

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:18 pm

Not to worry, Leonie.

They'll open up again. :)

Suggestion: if you have difficulties in re-applying for that class, ask the Caretaker (Dario) to look into it.

As for 'invalid sign-up' -- I think the teacher maybe didn't understand that the classes had opened up for sign-up for the new Term for a moment or three, and so disallowed your signing up for it.
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Kim Alting
Cleansweep One

Postby Kim Alting » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:14 pm

Did you try to sign up for Palmistry? Because I asked and she isn't taking on any more students for this term, since it's an all year class and the half already was done in last term ;)

Just an addition to what Tarma said.

Prof. Dario Brighton
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Dario Brighton » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:11 pm

Class sign ups for the Spring Term start on the 1st of February. Since this is the first year we have sign ups open all year long, we overlooked the fact that two terms would overlap for a brief period of time. Your ability to sign up for a class was a result of a glitch (from my side, mostly). I advise trying again tomorrow.

Cheers!

Return to “Ask a Prefect”