Irc Help

Ask questions about HOL
Please check the FAQ first
Hope Campbell
No broom

Post by Hope Campbell » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:28 am

Okay I firmly admit that I am lost when it comes to IRC chat. It is saying that my nickname is not registered and I can't seem to figure out the help info. Anybody care to explain it in English? Pretty please?
Hope Davis

"There is no frigate like a book, to take us lands away..." ~Emily Dickenson

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.â€￾ ~ C.S. Lewis
Prof. Ryan Granger
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Ryan Granger » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:25 am

Hi Hope! Hopefully I can try and help you with this issue. From what you've said it seems like your having trouble with registering your nick. So perhaps this might help.

1. Set up your irc client using the nickname you wish to register

2. Type /msg nickserv register [insert password here] [insert your e-mail here] (I suggest doing this in a non-public channel in case you mess up)

3. Once you recieve confirmation that your nick is register all you have to type is /ns IDENTIFY [your password]
See if that works! If it doesn't, you might try asking someone in #hol. I'm sure someone will be willing to help!

P.S. You might also check out the Ravenclaw guide here.
YAY Fumei! I love it!
Ryan Granger||Ravenclaw||Ravenclaw Co-Head Prefect||Student Teacher||Library Deputy Head|
Hope Campbell
No broom

Post by Hope Campbell » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:32 am

Ryan Granger wrote:QUOTE (Ryan Granger @ Jan 26 2013, 11:25 PM) Hi Hope! Hopefully I can try and help you with this issue. From what you've said it seems like your having trouble with registering your nick. So perhaps this might help.

1. Set up your irc client using the nickname you wish to register

2. Type /msg nickserv register [insert password here] [insert your e-mail here] (I suggest doing this in a non-public channel in case you mess up)

3. Once you recieve confirmation that your nick is register all you have to type is /ns IDENTIFY [your password]
See if that works! If it doesn't, you might try asking someone in #hol. I'm sure someone will be willing to help!

P.S. You might also check out the Ravenclaw guide here.

Thank you so much for the help Ryan! The Ravenclaw guide was perfect!
Hope Davis

"There is no frigate like a book, to take us lands away..." ~Emily Dickenson

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.â€￾ ~ C.S. Lewis

Return to “Ask a Prefect”