Getting into Harry Potter story

Ask Questions About HOL
Please Check the FAQ First

Moderators: Prefect, Head Student

Katya Snow
No broom

Getting into Harry Potter story

Postby Katya Snow » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:25 am

Hi there! totally new here and not sure if this is the right place to ask?

anyway i did my 'how i got into Harry Potter' about... ten, days ago? it said i was supposed to receive points for it but i never did. is it a long process or did i just somehow slip through the cracks? i don't really mind if it takes a while, if it's a longprocss i don't want to be pushy but it sounds like points are important and I'd like to be sure.

Thanks much for the help. ^^

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Re: Getting into Harry Potter story

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:26 am

Katya Snow wrote:Hi there! totally new here and not sure if this is the right place to ask?

anyway i did my 'how i got into Harry Potter' about... ten, days ago? it said i was supposed to receive points for it but i never did. is it a long process or did i just somehow slip through the cracks? i don't really mind if it takes a while, if it's a longprocss i don't want to be pushy but it sounds like points are important and I'd like to be sure.

Thanks much for the help. ^^

Sometimes it takes a bit for house points to be awarded, especially around real-world holiday times. If you haven't received them in a week or two let us know and we'll see what's up!

Katya Snow
No broom

Postby Katya Snow » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:44 pm

okay thanks! i feel better knowing for sure. ^^ i love this place! everyone is so nice and friendly and so willing to answer questions! thanks again for letting me know!

Gail Allen
No broom

Postby Gail Allen » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:13 pm

It's not exactly the same, but seemed similar enough that I'd still add it here.
I uploaded the trading card, and it was approved on the 11th of October, but I also have not gotten the points for it yet.
Is there something I ought to do about that, since that's a bit longer already?

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:43 pm

Gail Allen wrote:It's not exactly the same, but seemed similar enough that I'd still add it here.
I uploaded the trading card, and it was approved on the 11th of October, but I also have not gotten the points for it yet.
Is there something I ought to do about that, since that's a bit longer already?

For a good portion of the beginning of the year, the art department was having some issues, so I'm sure they're catching up on the backlog of points to be awarded, and I know Prof. Rorey and Prof. Kyrie are busy in real life, so i sent Prof. Rorey a message to see where they are on that. I'll let you know as soon as I know!

Gail Allen
No broom

Postby Gail Allen » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:37 pm

Thank you Arianna.
I do understand times getting busy. It's not a rush, I just wanted to make sure since it seemed a month or so was the norm from what you said above.

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:48 pm

Gail Allen wrote:Thank you Arianna.
I do understand times getting busy. It's not a rush, I just wanted to make sure since it seemed a month or so was the norm from what you said above.

Yes, especially this year, we've had a lot going on with moving HOLLERS to the HOL Forum (it used to be on a separate website) big positions being changed, updating the website, etc its been very busy! There are still some professors who haven't given out spring 2016 awards! Just keep a note of things and remind us every once in a while!

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:01 pm

Unfortunately the Art department still goes unfixed (which is why no new projects have been given). Kyrie and I have requested numerous updates regarding this, but alas we still wait. Hopefully soon it will be fixed.

Gail I can manually give you points for your Trading Card. :)
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~pr_pad~*~Hufflepuff Co-HoH~

Gail Allen
No broom

Postby Gail Allen » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:21 pm

Thank you Rorey? It is a shame it's not working as it should. I hope it gets fixed soon. That will probably make everything much easier for you.

Resyarrina Elora
No broom

Postby Resyarrina Elora » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:27 pm

Hi, since it's still around getting into HP story and trading card, i will post the questions here.
I wonder if the story and picture i submit already being accepted, is there any way to make sure?

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:14 pm

Resyarrina Elora wrote:Hi, since it's still around getting into HP story and trading card, i will post the questions here.
I wonder if the story and picture i submit already being accepted, is there any way to make sure?

Your story is on your profile so that's good, but the trading card isn't there yet. When did you submit it?

Resyarrina Elora
No broom

Postby Resyarrina Elora » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:04 pm

Resyarrina Elora wrote:I submit the same day with my story, should be around Nov 28. Do you think i should resubmit the trading card?

Wait a while longer, let me talk to the art department about it

Return to “Ask a Prefect”