Introductions

Class led by Prof. Gustavo Flores

Moderator: Prof. Gustavo Flores

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

Introductions

Postby Prof. Gustavo Flores » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:14 am

This is the place where you can introduce yourself to the rest of the class! You can tell us why you decided to take this class, what other HOL classes you are taking, what do you like doing, which your favorite Disney Movie or Disney Moment, or anything else you think convenient. Remember that, if you wish, this can be 10 points worth of assignment or extra credit.

I'll start myself:

I'm Prof. Gustavo Flores, from the fantastic and noble Ravenclaw House. I am Mexican, I am 28 years old. I studied Communications, and have a Master Degree in Education. I am a High-School Professor, teaching "Spanish" and "Literature"!! I truly love my job! It's easily one of the best things that has happened to me! Ok, what else?? Literature, Cinema, and dancing are the activities I enjoy doing the most! I'm always reading a book, I can never say no when it's about watching a movie, and most of my free time is spent in dancing rehearsals or dancing classes (jazz, contemporary jazz, flexibility).
The performing parts are hugh part of my life as well! I have been fortunate enough to perform in professional school productions, in plays like "The Phantom of the Opera", "Beauty and the Beast", "Shrek: The Musical", "The Wizard of Oz", among others. My favorite being, (you guessed it right!) "Beauty and the Beast"

Besides Disney Studies: The Classics, I am also teaching Care of Magical Pets, Career Advice: Planning your Future, and Dance Academy: Ballet! Make sure to check them out!

My favorite Disney Movie?? This is such a hard question!!! I always keep moving between Oliver and Company, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King or Beauty and the Beast! I guess it just depends on my mood!!

So, who's next?! Nice to meet you all!! And can't wait to begin!!

Kendra Givens
No broom

Re: Introductions

Postby Kendra Givens » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:55 pm

Hi Everybody!

My name is Kendra Givens, and I will be your class assistant this term! I am a second year Ravenclaw reserve prefect, and I am also a member of the Ravenclaw Quidditch Team (Go RQT!) This is my first time ever being a class assistant, and I am very excited to be hanging out with all of you and Professor Gus. Along with assisting in this class and two others, I am taking five classes (Care of Magical Creatures, Puzzles 101, Typography Basics, Dueling 101, and The Battle of Hogwarts). If you're looking for me, I am usually hanging out on IRC. You can also send me a message on HOL or the class email if you need anything.

In real life, I am 28, live in the United States, and am a high school counselor. For fun, I play flute in the local community wind symphony. I love a good book, board game, or word puzzle. My goal for the year (other than passing 10 classes and being an awesome assistant) is to create a Philosophy 101 class that I can teach on HOL sometime in the near future, because I LOVE any sort of deep conversation.

As far as favorite Disney movies are concerned, I don't think I have any I dislike...if I had to pick, it would probably be Beauty and the Beast.

I hope you all have a wonderful term!

<3
Kendra
His name is Sir Floofington Puffpuff III

Rosie Rivers
No broom

Postby Rosie Rivers » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:58 pm

Rosie Rivers
ro1296
1st Year Hufflepuff

Assignment One - Introduction

My name is Rosie Rivers and i am a first year Hufflepuff. I am very new to HOL and i love it here. This term i am taking Beginners Defence Against The Dark Arts, Care Of Magical Creatures, Famous Witches And Wizards, Astronomy and of course Disney studies - The Classics. As soon as i saw that a Disney class was available, i immediately applied to join. As far back as i can remember Disney has been very special to me.
I love to watch the movies, listen to the soundtracks and collect the lovely soft toys of my favourite characters. There isn't a room in my home that doesn't contain something Disney themed, from tea towels to t-shirts. Having a reason to watch a Disney movie is always a good thing and i am so excited for the coming months work.
If i am not studying with my head in a book i love to go to the cinema, read lots of books and play games on my ipad. I am also a massive crafter and i am very very lucky to have my own craft room. I scrapbook alot but i also love to make gift boxes, tags and greeting cards.
I am so happy to have discovered HOL and i am loving taking part in lots of tasks and reading along with our book club. We are reading a great book this month called 'Sabriel',by Garth Nix. I am so looking forward to all the fun classes and games that i can take part in and i also hope to make some friends alomg the way,

Alex Sparks
No broom

Postby Alex Sparks » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:54 pm

Hello!

I'm Alex Sparks, a proud seventh year Hufflepuff. I am German, and 45 years old. I have learned graphic design and software developing, but I work as a freelance artist. I love all things Hogwarts and only just revamped my living quarters into a hufflepuffworthy dwelling, to give room to my collection! I love to read a lot of other books too, my other favourite books are The Lord of the Rings and Les Miserables, and I am known to hoard my books like Smaug hoarded gold.

This term my other classes are Care of Magical Pets, Confronting Your Boggart, Dragonology, Kennilworthy's Kitchen, and I really hope to finish my OWLs this year.

Besides all else I am also an avid Disney fan and have a nice collection of DVDs, my favourite movie is Aristocats, which was not only my first Disney movie, but the first movie I ever saw in a theatre!

Gail Allen
No broom

Postby Gail Allen » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:57 pm

I'm Gail Allen, and I'm a second year Ravenclaw reserve prefect.
At HOL I am taking five classes this term: Apparition License Class, Puzzles 101, Tour of the Common Rooms, Treasure Hunt and of course this class.
It was hard picking out which ones to take; I had about 20 classes that I was interested in taking when I had gone through the list the first time, so narrowing it down took quite a lot of time. I am very happy with my pick now though and I am looking very much forward to the year doing these classes.
Other than that I am assisting Astronomy, Tour of the Common Rooms and the OWLs class, and teaching The Battle of Hogwarts and Survival. I am so excited to be doing that as this is my first experience teaching on HOL. In real life I am a teacher as well, so it will be interesting to see where the similarities and differences are. In real life I teach English, German and Religion.

My favourite disney movie is Mulan. I love the story so much. Musically though, Tarzan would have to be my pick for favourites.
Thank you Cassie for the signature!

Astaria Rivers
No broom

Postby Astaria Rivers » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:07 pm

Hi, I'm Astaria Rivers, please call me Asta. I'm a third year Hufflepuff who recently came back after a year away due to grad school taking over my life. I have been accepted for Astrology and Harry Potter, and I have signed up for Care of Magical Creatures, The Her in Hero, and Tour of the Common Rooms which I am still waiting to be accepted into since I signed up late. I took this class because I love Disney movies. I grew up on them. It may be nice to learn fun facts about them that I didn't know yet. My favorite Disney movie is probably Mulan. I found it very empowering when I was a child to watch her do what she does with such strength and bravery and determination against the odds people had set against her. She inspired me to fight for what I believe in, which I am currently doing now.

Return to “Disney Studies”