Introductions

Class led by Prof. Gustavo Flores

Moderator: Prof. Gustavo Flores

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

Introductions

Postby Prof. Gustavo Flores » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:14 am

This is the place where you can introduce yourself to the rest of the class! You can tell us why you decided to take this class, what other HOL classes you are taking, what do you like doing, which your favorite Disney Movie or Disney Moment, or anything else you think convenient. Remember that, if you wish, this can be 10 points worth of assignment or extra credit.

I'll start myself:

I'm Prof. Gustavo Flores, from the fantastic and noble Ravenclaw House. I am Mexican, I am 28 years old. I studied Communications, and have a Master Degree in Education. I am a High-School Professor, teaching "Spanish" and "Literature"!! I truly love my job! It's easily one of the best things that has happened to me! Ok, what else?? Literature, Cinema, and dancing are the activities I enjoy doing the most! I'm always reading a book, I can never say no when it's about watching a movie, and most of my free time is spent in dancing rehearsals or dancing classes (jazz, contemporary jazz, flexibility).
The performing parts are hugh part of my life as well! I have been fortunate enough to perform in professional school productions, in plays like "The Phantom of the Opera", "Beauty and the Beast", "Shrek: The Musical", "The Wizard of Oz", among others. My favorite being, (you guessed it right!) "Beauty and the Beast"

Besides Disney Studies: The Classics, I am also teaching Fantastic Worlds and Where to Find Them, Career Advice: Planning your Future, and Healing Herbology! Make sure to check them out!

My favorite Disney Movie?? This is such a hard question!!! I always keep moving between Oliver and Company, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King or Beauty and the Beast! I guess it just depends on my mood!!

So, who's next?! Nice to meet you all!! And can't wait to begin!!

Zach Jameson
No broom

Re: Introductions

Postby Zach Jameson » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:47 am

Heyo! I am Zach Jameson. I joined HOL years ago but had to leave due to some issues. I have rejoined and have enjoyed it so far. I already have my Quills to graduate but must remain active to be part of the GQT team. I love Disney , always have. Disney has been a huge part of my childhood so I felt like this class could be interesting one to take. I am also taking Basic Healing, Broom Making, Apparition License Class, and Accidental Magic Reversal Squad this year. I enjoy playing Minecraft and Planet Coaster but can be seen playing for GQT as Beater. I am a friendly guy who loves all things magical. So stop by and say hi. I don't bite... much.

Jenna Hathaway
Moontrimmer

Postby Jenna Hathaway » Thu May 03, 2018 9:02 am

Hi!

My name is Jenna Hathaway, and I'm a super old student. I graduated from HOL several years ago and only recently returned as a Post Graduate. I am taking classes again even though I have no need for points or quills simply because it was my favorite part of being in here in my seven years HOL career.

Currently I am also taking Fantastic Worlds and Where to Find Them, Career Advice: Planning your Future, The Her in Hero, and Tour of the Common Rooms classes. I chose to take this class because I'm a huge Disney lover! My favorite Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast, but I also love other classics like Hercules, Aladdin, and Mulan. I also enjoy the newer movies like Frozen and Moana.

I love writing, reading, and enjoying movies as well as learning new fun things. Currently I work as a movie subtitler. I look forward to enjoying everything in HOL again!
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure

Peter Silvers
No broom

Postby Peter Silvers » Tue May 15, 2018 7:09 pm

Hello, my name is Peter Silvers. I am 35 years old. I spend a good deal of my time listening to the Disney songs on youtube. I also write fan fiction about Disney and how the stories could be told in a realistic setting. I spend a lot of time thinking about the individual stories and characters of many of the Disney movies and their origins and create a story based on what I believe could be the true story behind the fairytale/myth.

I am also taking Ancient Runes, The History of Witchcraft, and The Battle of Hogwarts I am waiting for acceptance into Dueling 101. I enjoy learning about magical, fairy tale or historical events. I especially enjoy turning someone's imagination into plausible reality.

Return to “Disney Studies”