Introductions

Class led by Prof. Gustavo Flores

Moderator: Prof. Gustavo Flores

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Oakshaft 79

Introductions

Postby Prof. Gustavo Flores » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:14 am

This is the place where you can introduce yourself to the rest of the class! You can tell us why you decided to take this class, what other HOL classes you are taking, what do you like doing, which your favorite Disney Movie or Disney Moment, or anything else you think convenient. Remember that, if you wish, this can be 10 points worth of assignment or extra credit.

I'll start myself:

I'm Prof. Gustavo Flores, from the fantastic and noble Ravenclaw House. I am Mexican, I am 28 years old. I studied Communications, and have a Master Degree in Education. I am a High-School Professor, teaching "Spanish" and "Literature"!! I truly love my job! It's easily one of the best things that has happened to me! Ok, what else?? Literature, Cinema, and dancing are the activities I enjoy doing the most! I'm always reading a book, I can never say no when it's about watching a movie, and most of my free time is spent in dancing rehearsals or dancing classes (jazz, contemporary jazz, flexibility).
The performing parts are hugh part of my life as well! Currently, I'm rehearsing for "Shrek:The Musical" in which I'm part of the Dance Ensemble, and we are getting to perform this february, just 3 weeks from now and I'm super excited!!! In April, I'm performing in the musical "The Wizard of Oz" playing the role of the Scarecrow! :)

Besides Disney Studies: The Classics, I am also teaching Healing Herbology and Dance Academy: Ballet! Make sure to check them out!

My favorite Disney Movie?? This is such a hard question!!! I always keep moving between Oliver and Company, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King or Beauty and the Beast! I guess it just depends on my mood!!

So, who's next?! Nice to meet you all!! And can't wait to begin!!

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Re: Introductions

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:30 pm

I'm Arianna Stonewater, a second year Slytherin Prefect! Real life I am 28, and I currently live in Washington DC, though I am moving to Pennsylvania in July after my baby (first one!) is born. My bachelor's degree is in theatre tech with a minor in Business Admin. My full time job is as an administrator & event coordinator, but i work at various theatres/event spaces nights and weekends. If you didn't know already, I love doing puzzles! Aside from Disney and Harry Potter, I also love Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, Supernatural, Leverage, Once Upon a Time, Bob's Burgers, and many more! I'm not a shy person so feel free to talk to me about anything!

Besides Disney Studies: The Classics, I am also taking Animagus 101, Chinese Festivals, Healing Herbology, and The Hobbit, From Tolkien to Jackson. I'm also teaching Puzzles 101 and The Marauders 101.

My favorite Disney Movie?? Well, I have to break it into categories here. Hercules is my favorite hero movie. Sleeping Beauty is my favorite Princess Movie. Earth is my favorite Disneynature movie. Cool Runnings is my favorite Live-Action movie. Pete's Dragon is my favorite Live-Action/Animation hybrid movie, quickly followed by James and the Giant Peach (though Disney isn't always listed on the production team) and Enchanted. Meet the Robinsons is one of my favorite "modern" Disney movies, along with Up....you know, I really pretty much love most Disney movies!

Katelin Ross
No broom

Postby Katelin Ross » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:30 pm

Hello fellow classmates! My name is Katelin Ross, and I am a sixth year Hufflepuff. I am a member of the Hufflepuff Quidditch Team, and I have been on HOL since 2006. In real life, I am 32 years old, and I live in California. I teach Math in Middle School for a living. I enjoy anything to do with reading, Harry Potter, and I like watching movies/television shows. My favorite television shows include: Chicago Fire, Chicago Med, Doctor Who, Supernatural, Diagnosis Murder, and many of the Netflix specific shows.

Besides Disney Studies, I am also taking: Forensic Anthropology, Puzzles 101, The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Knitting, and OWLS.

I don't have one specific favorite Disney movie. I enjoy that Disney movies tend to be wholesome family movies that can be watched by anyone in the family.

I am looking forward to taking this class and learning more about the many Disney movies that have been made over the years!

Thanks to my Secret Santa, Zoki, for the awesome signature!!!

Kathren Johnsun
No broom

Postby Kathren Johnsun » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:10 pm

Is it my turn now? Hi everyone! I'm Kathren Johnsun and I'm a third year Ravenclaw. In real life, I recently graduated from college with a Bachelor's Degree in Biology and am working at a lab testing food (mostly meat). With my current schedule at work, I don't have much free time to do any community theater, but I still fit in community band whenever I can. I have always loved Disney movies, especially the songs (I don't know how many times I have posted a Disney song in the Roost). However, I have known people who are even more obsessed with Disney than I am.

Along with this class, I'm also taking Wand-Making and Ancient Civilizations.

My favorite Disney movie: Wow that is really hard to pick. I tend to like just about any Disney movie so I may have to pick a least favorite to save us from endless rambling. My least favorite would have to be Sleeping Beauty. Something about Aurora's voice has always seemed off with me.

Top five favorite movies are Mulan, Tarzan, Winnie the Pooh (2011), and Lion King 1 & 2. The songs in all of those are just brilliant.

Amanda P. X. Sim
No broom

Postby Amanda P. X. Sim » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:04 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Amanda and I've been on HOL for quite some time now, but as always, struggling to time-turn in between real life. In real life I'm still finding my way, hoping to land on a career that I can enjoy and am passionate about someday. I love the world of Harry Potter (of course), good food, anything to do with arts, and I also absolutely love Disney which is why I took this class. Apart from this class, I'm currently taking Ancient Civilizations, Forensic Anthropology: When Bones Talk, History of Hogwarts: The Castle, and Potions. I can't say which my favourite Disney movie is, there are too many! But my favourites will always be the classics and movies from the 2D era (Tangled is an exception). AND I haven't been to Disneyland yet, sigh.

Now, back to rewatching that Mulan.
Amanda P. X. Sim | am970 | Gryffindor | Third Year
"Magic lies within the hearts of those who choose to believe"

Return to “Disney Studies”