Disney Discussion #1

Class led by Prof. Gustavo Flores

Moderator: Prof. Gustavo Flores

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

Disney Discussion #1

Postby Prof. Gustavo Flores » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:13 am

Remember this option is worth 10 POINTS!

Watch the video from the website and answer the following:

Taking into consideration the three rules established by the Genie, please answer:

If you find a magic lamp and free the Genie inside, which would your three wishes be?

There is no right or wrong answer, just please explain the reasons behind your wishes. At least 100 words for full marks. Please post your answer in the correct thread in our Class Forum.

Zach Jameson
No broom

Re: Disney Discussion #1

Postby Zach Jameson » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:29 am

I am not sure what kind of wishes I would make if I found a genie. I mean, I just received probably one of the most powerful objects in the world. The rules are simple: I can't kill anyone. I can't make anyone fall in love with anyone. I can't wish to rise the dead. Where do I start with my wishes...I am basically happy with my life at moment, though I am struggling to find a job. I turn to the Genie and state my first wish. 'I wish to be able to get the job that I enjoy doing'. With my first wish granted, I begin to think of my second wish. I want to use the Genie to do good for people I care for. I smile before stating my second wish to the Genie. 'I wish that my family would be able to live without financial worry.' Now that I have wished for two things, I think upon the third wish. I would feel sorry for the Genie, having all those powers, but a slave to the lamp. Without a second thought, I make my third wish. 'I wish to set you free Genie.' Now the Genie is free to do as he pleases and I have am happy with my life now.

Return to “Disney Studies”