Disney Discussion #1

Class led by Prof. Gustavo Flores

Moderator: Prof. Gustavo Flores

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Oakshaft 79

Disney Discussion #1

Postby Prof. Gustavo Flores » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:13 am

Remember this option is worth 10 POINTS!

Watch the video from the website and answer the following:

Taking into consideration the three rules established by the Genie, please answer:

If you find a magic lamp and free the Genie inside, which would your three wishes be?

There is no right or wrong answer, just please explain the reasons behind your wishes. At least 100 words for full marks. Please post your answer in the correct thread in our Class Forum.

Sirius Fudge
Moontrimmer

Re: Disney Discussion #1

Postby Sirius Fudge » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:09 pm

If you find a magic lamp and free the Genie inside, which would your three wishes be?

Now that the exceptions had been stated, I guess I could just settle with the following. I would like to have my own invisibility cloak. I've always wanted to have the power of invisibility. I could go to places I like without having to worry whether I am allowed there or not. It would also give me the freedom to do something, maybe go outside for a swim in the lake, and the like.

For the second wish, I would love to have my own Room of Requirement. There are certain times that I really need the secret room but it is being used by everyone else. There's Rorey for her diamond counting, Ryan for his supplies of muggle weather equipment, Fu's secret coffee factory, and Tarma's snitch practice session, among others. The demand for the Room is so high that I could not enter it for two months straight. My own Room of Requirement will solve that problem and I can sleep quietly, at last.

For my last wish, I would want to have an unlimited supply of Felix Felicis stored in a classified magical place. For obvious reasons, I would want good luck. For example, in job interviews or in crucial reports, also in situations that would require luck such as disease, emergency situations, among other scenarios. I could also use it as gifts to my friends, to share the luck. Of course, I will regulate my use to the right scenarios that demand its use.

Sirius Fudge | si926 | Fifth Year | Hufflepuff
Prefect | First Friend Project | Student Teacher

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Oakshaft 79

Postby Prof. Gustavo Flores » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:08 am

Dear students - Spring Term 2017,

You may begin with Disney Discussion #1 and think about your three wishes!!

Watch the video from the website and answer the following:

Taking into consideration the three rules established by the Genie, please answer:

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:12 pm

My first wish would definitely be a pantry in my dorm room down in the dungeons. I'd love for the house elves to keep it stocked full of my favorites, rather than having to make the trip to the kitchens or bringing food back with me from the Great Hall. I'm always hungry at random times. It would be nice to be able to grab a snack when i wanted a quick bite instead of having to plan the trek to the kitchens.

My second wish would be a free subscription to a weekly puzzle book. I need to keep my skills in tip-top shape, and its not always easy to find a puzzle book I haven't already done. So having a new book delivered to me every week would definitely be nice!

My third wish would be my own cloak of invisibility. Harry Potter wasted his. There are so many different things a cloak could be used for, instead of wasting it on things like trips to the library or the girls bathroom. That, combined with his map? He could have ruled the school, but instead spent all of his time "saving it." What a joke.

Katelin Ross
No broom

Postby Katelin Ross » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:26 pm

My first wish would be to have the ability to Apparate (in real life/muggle world). I would like to have the ability to Apparate, because I would like to be able to go anywhere I wanted/need to go without having to worry about flying or driving.

My second wish would be to have an invisibility cloak. I would like to have an invisibility cloak, because I could go anywhere without others knowing I was there. It would be as if I were a fly on the wall.

My third wish would be to have the security of a full time permanent job. I would like to see myself at a permanent teaching position where I can see myself spending the rest of my career without the worry of being pink slipped every two years.

Thanks to my Secret Santa, Zoki, for the awesome signature!!!

Return to “Disney Studies”