Disney Discussion #4

Class led by Prof. Gustavo Flores

Moderator: Prof. Gustavo Flores

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Oakshaft 79

Disney Discussion #4

Postby Prof. Gustavo Flores » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:06 am

Remember this Option is worth 10 points!

Watch the video from the website and answer the following:

Do you think Oliver is being ungrateful for asking to go back to Jenny right after the dog gang rescued him? Or Do you think Dodger’s reaction was way over the top?

There is no right or wrong answer, just please explain your reasoning and thoughts. At least 100 words for full marks. Please post your answer in the correct thread in our Class Forum.

Hannah R Thomas
No broom

Re: Disney Discussion #4

Postby Hannah R Thomas » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:57 pm

I don’t think Oliver is being ungrateful at all. Oliver is being completely honest because he felt that he could love someone, a human, other than just a dog or another cat. When you think about it, a dog living on the streets has a rougher life and has issues in trusting people because of their lack of socializing. From the way Dodger is acting, I do believe that he is among a few of the dogs who had the experience of being adopted in a family and his family either treated him poorly or they left him and never came back. This gave him a result of wanting a “family” of dogs and cats living on the streets. Being exposed to one family that get bad results can easily effect a dog, or even a person, of the family. This comes into Dodger overreacting towards Oliver and his strong belief of humans being nothing but bad news.
Success just doesn't come and find you, you have to go get it yourself - Carmichael
Happiness can be found in the darkest of times if one remembers to turn on the light - Albus Dumbledore

Sirius Fudge
Moontrimmer

Re: Disney Discussion #4

Postby Sirius Fudge » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:46 am

Just like the answer of Hannah, I also think that Oliver is not being ungrateful to Dodger and his gang. He is confused at the beginning, being in the package and not knowing what is happening. There is the fear that he is feeling that contributed to him being uneasy towards the group. It is a big difference to the warmth and love he felt from Jenny. This change of environment also contributes to the behavior of Oliver in wanting to go back to where he was rescued. Lastly, I think the way he was rescued, even though they have the good intention, was not clearly transmitted to Oliver, causing him not to be too thankful for the motive of the gang. In the end, he really just want to go back to Jenny, hence his actions.

Return to “Disney Studies”