Disney Discussion #2

Class led by Prof. Gustavo Flores

Moderator: Prof. Gustavo Flores

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

Disney Discussion #2

Postby Prof. Gustavo Flores » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:10 am

Remember that this option is worth 10 POINTS!

Watch the video from the website and answer the following:

I don’t know you but I always die out of frustration whenever Merryweather is about to give her gift and is interrupted by Maleficent. Due to that, Merryweather had to change her original gift to counterattack Maleficent’s curse. Haven’t you been curious about that last gift? Now it is your chance to speculate! Please answer:

What do you think Merryweather’s original gift for Princess Aurora was supposed to be?

There is no right or wrong answer, just please explain your reasoning and thoughts. At least 100 words for full marks. Please post your answer in the correct thread in our Class Forum.

Astaria Rivers
No broom

Re: Disney Discussion #2

Postby Astaria Rivers » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:46 pm

This is something I've thought about since I first saw the movie years ago. I've gone over different ideas in my head such as wisdom, good health and love, but I think I finally found a gift that could include all of them. After the gifts of beauty and song, I think Merryweather would have given her the gift of happiness. I think this because you can be the most beautiful person in the world, you can also have the most beautiful voice in the world, but if you're not happy, what use are those things to you? Also, a happy princess would make the rest of the kingdom happy as well to see her in such a way. If a person is happy, they learn better and have a better chance of keeping an open mind, they also tend to be healthier and get sick less often. One who is happy also has a better chance of finding long lasting love.

Return to “Disney Studies”