Advanced Divination Intros

Class led by Prof. Hailey Potter

Moderator: Prof. Hailey Potter

Prof. Hailey Potter
Silver Arrow

Advanced Divination Intros

Postby Prof. Hailey Potter » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:04 pm

I know there's very few of us this term, buut..... introduce yourselves to our small classroom! :)

I am Professor Hailey Potter. This is my second Divination course. I also teach HOL 101. I am a Gryffindor Professor who runs a whole bunch of Gryff stuff including Spice Squad and Paw Print.

In real life, I am a kindergarten teacher. This is my second year. In my free time, I like to read and write and binge watch TV shows. And yeah... that's about it. ^_^
Gryffindor Professor|HOL 101, An Introduction to Divination, and Advanced Divination
Spice Squad Captain|Paw Print EiC|Lions' Pride

Meredith Malkins
No broom

Re: Advanced Divination Intros

Postby Meredith Malkins » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:25 pm

My name is Meredith Malkins. I am a third year who is also taking Charms and Transfiguration this term. I wanted to take Advanced Divination because Divination as a subject intrigues me, and I really enjoyed the first installation of this class.
In RL, I am an over-worked high-school student, which is why I don't get on HOL as much as I'd like. Sigh...
But I am looking forward to meeting my classmates here!

Niamh Cassidy
No broom

Postby Niamh Cassidy » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:17 pm

*waves* Hello, I'm Niamh Cassidy, a seventh-year Ravenclaw. I'm also taking Healing Herbology, Magic in Famous Mysteries, Muggle Studies: Fandom, and Marvellous Musical Theatre Act III. Cartomancy is one of my favorite forms of divination, which is why I particularly wanted to take this class-- I collect cards of all sorts and have several Tarot decks. Out in the wide world I work with books all day and love watching movies. :)
"Everything happens to everybody sooner or later if there is time enough." ~ George Bernard Shaw

Astrid Black
No broom

Postby Astrid Black » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:31 am

Hello! I'm Astrid Black, fifth year Ravenclaw. I'm currently taking this class, Muggle Studies: Fandom, Potions, Disney Studies: Classics, Magical Greek Mythology, and taking my OWLs. I happen to really love Divination in almost all of it's forms. I took Divination last year and I wanted to further my studies. There are so many different forms of Divination and I only know a few really well. I want to know more and perhaps learn more about the ones I already know.

Aside from HOL and the realm of Harry Potter, I have a very diverse hobby list. Everything from a 'little bit of everything' musical taste to being a fangirl of several shows/books (Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus, Doctor Who, Orphan Black, Walking Dead, Firefly, etc) to gaming to writing stories. I also love to travel. I have a what my mother calls a 'gypsy soul'. I can never stay in a place more than three months without aching to travel or go on a road trip. With a world so big and with so much history to see who could blame me?

Polaris Black
Silver Arrow

Postby Polaris Black » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:37 am

Hi everyone! My name is Polaris Black and I’m a Ravenclaw third year, prefect, HOLLERS assistant, Alte Sententiam editor, Book Club head, and student teacher. And YES - I'm trying really hard to keep my head above water! In addition to Advanced Divination, this term I am taking History of Hogwarts: The Castle, Marvellous Musical Theatre-Act 1, Potions for Beginners, and Quidditch Chronicles. Until I took Introduction to Divination, I knew close to nothing about the topic. It turns out the more I learn about it, the more I want to learn!

Alex Sparks
No broom

Postby Alex Sparks » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:14 pm

*waves* Hi!

I'm Alex Sparks, a fifth-year Huffie. The other classes I am taking this term are HOL Quidditch, The Battle of Hogwarts, The Dark Arts ( for studying purposes only ;) ), and I am in the middle of my OWLs.

In this class I am most interested in Dream Interpretation, as I have always very vivid dreams and would like to learn what they mean!

In rl I am the proud pet of two kittehs, and I love watching all kinds of movies, specially crime stories and fantasy.

Return to “Advanced Divination”