Introductions

Class led by Prof. Hailey Potter

Moderator: Prof. Hailey Potter

Alex Sparks
No broom

Re: Introductions

Postby Alex Sparks » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:14 pm

Hello!

I am Alex Sparks and I am a Hufflepuff 5th year.
I love cats and animals in general, and I am owned by two Half-Kneazles ;)

This year I am taking besides this class the
Visit to Diagon Alley,
Flying,
The Tales of Beedle the Bard

- and then, *eeek* there are the OWLs :o

I am looking forward to this introduction into divination because my grampa could read palms and cards.
I never met him, but I have been told he predicted a lot of things, some happy, some less happy.

I hope we will all have a lot of fun in this class!

Victoria Gingerfox
No broom

Postby Victoria Gingerfox » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:22 am

Hello,

I'm Victoria Gingerfox, and I'm a Gryffindor First Year.
I take 4 other classes this year, Ancient Runes with Prof. Felicia Hartwick, Astronomy with Prof. Rorey Padfoot, Potions with Prof. Ivelisse Ada and Transfiguration with Prof. Dario Šehović.
My favourite colour is green, I love dogs and I own a lovely female German Shepherd. I also love foreign languages (English is not my mother tongue, I come from Italy and I also speak Spanish and French)...but alas! Although I'm Italian and I love good food...I hate cooking, and I'm not very good at it either. The only thing I'm good at is baking cakes.
I'm very excited to attend Introduction to Divination as I find it a very interesting subject, that has many aspects and that is too often considered a minor subject due to its reputation.

I wish a wonderful school term to all of you!

Prof. Ryan Granger
Moontrimmer

Postby Prof. Ryan Granger » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:37 pm

Hello everyone! I'm Ryan Granger and as always I'm a little tardy to the party. I'm a seventh year Ravenclaw Prefect here on HOL. I've had an incredible seven years here on this site, and I'm sad this will be the end of my student years. Outside of my house related duties, I teach several classes, and was recently promoted to one of the library department's deputy heads. I'm also the full-time sponsor for the "Bug Arielle Lemoyne Society." I decided on Divination because I'm a sucker for canon classes and this was one of the few I have yet to take.

I would tell you all what classes I'm in, but to be completely honest, I don't really remember. Heck, I go back to university in a few days and still don't know what classes I'm taking there. Speaking of university I'm a third year student who's studying to become a broadcast meteorologist, so if you like to talk about the weather, I'm your guy!

If you ever need any sort of help around HOL, just let me know!
YAY Fumei! I love it!
Ryan Granger||Ravenclaw||Ravenclaw Co-Head Prefect||Student Teacher||Library Deputy Head|

Ivelisse Ada
Oakshaft 79

Postby Ivelisse Ada » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:52 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm Ivelisse Ada, a Hufflepuff Fourth Year (and brand-new Prefect), and a student teacher for a couple classes as well (Potions and Theory of Charms). I'm also one of those nutters that play Quidditch, and I'm promotional staff for the Hufflepuff newspaper, the Wizarding Times. I spend most of my free time bugging my fellow HQT members and playing games.

In real-life I'm 21 years old and I'm in my third year of undergraduate studies at university, pursuing an honours specialization in developmental cognitive neuroscience and a major in linguistics. I read and play a lot of video games in what little spare time I have, but I also enjoy sports (e.g., volleyball, Muggle Quidditch, and this year I'm even trying out kung fu and tai chi!)

I chose to take Divination because it is one of my all-time favourite subjects. Aside from this class I am also taking Poisons, Disney Studies: The Classics, Quidditch the Wizarding Way, and History of Hogwarts: The Castle.
Thank you to Prof. Kyrie Adderholt!!

Liona Cho
No broom

Postby Liona Cho » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:18 am

Hello everyone, my name is Liona Cho, A Syltherin First Year student. i like reading, writing, cycling and travelling. in real life, i am a nutritionist and i am developing a website about nutrition,diet, and food fact with my brother. i'm also learning about different language, there are korean and japanese.
In this term, i am taking 5 classes including this one. the other classes that i am taking are Charms, The Dart Arts, Herbology and Potions For Beginner.
i've signed up this class because i think it's a fancinating subject and i want to learn more about the divinition and its methods to foretell the future.
thank you :D

Hannah R Thomas
No broom

Postby Hannah R Thomas » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:06 am

Hey there! My name is Hannah R. Thomas, a 4th Year Ravenclaw. In addition to this class, I’m also taking the additional classes: Disney Studies: The Classics, Norse Myths and Legends, Defense Against the Dark Arts, and Introduction to Sign Language. I’m taking divination because I want to know more of the “origins” of telling the future and also to prepare for my upcoming O.W.Ls next year. Already, I’m impressed to how many kinds of divination there are!
"When I'm 80 years old and sitting in my chair, I'll be reading Harry Potter. And my family will say to me, 'After all this time?' And I will say, 'Always.'" - Alan Rickman

Pezzie Wolfe
Moontrimmer

Postby Pezzie Wolfe » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:43 pm

Greetings fellow classmates!

I'm Pezzie Wolfe, fourth year and proud Hufflepuff! I've been here at HOL since 2003 and keep getting lost in places. I am going to move up this year and be a 5th year in a year. I am and I will. YES! I love anything to do with divination. I am excited to be taking this class.

(In real life, I am in my 40s along with some other life long friends from HOL *wink wink* I am a practicing Pagan (Wiccan) and I do read tarot (no that well), pendulum work, runes, etc. I own a bearded dragon, her name is Diva)
Thank you, Fumei Shirokuro! For my AMAZING sig tag! *HUGGLES&LOVE*
HOL Member since August 2003

Vanessa Hewitt
No broom

Postby Vanessa Hewitt » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:48 am

Hello! I'm Vanessa Hewitt, but feel free to call me Nessie, or any variation of the name really. It's nice to meet you all! I've only just joined HOL, and I think it's really wonderful here, everyone is so friendly! I'm only taking three classes so far: HOL 101: An Orientation, Puzzles 101, and this one. I want to get the ropes of HOL before I really start throwing myself into everything, but I'm sure that will come with time. I'm taking this class because I've always had a fascination with Divination. It's just so interesting! It was the first course I saw that I immediately wanted to sign up to. I'm so excited about taking this class!

Bianca Delacroix
No broom

Postby Bianca Delacroix » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:49 pm

Well this seems a little silly to introduce myself on the last day of class but here it goes!

Hello, my name is Bianca Delacroix. I have been a perpetual Second Year Slytherin for a couple years now and am finally happy to say I've earned enough quills to move onto my Third Year (who knows how long I'll be there). I am also taking Healing Herbology, History of Hogwarts; the Castle, & Knitting the Muggle Way.

I wanted to take Divination because I wanted to learn a little more about the different methods of divining the future. I have some Irish gypsy in my family and as I research my roots I find there is a lot of reference to what we call old wives tales, or things that you would consider ridiculous in terms of predicting the future and so I've been reading a lot about gypsies lately and this class seemed like something I would like. I haven't been disappointed although my real life pulled me away for quite some time so now I am frantically trying to pull it together to finish out the class and pass to be able to take the next Advanced Divination class next Fall.

Hope everyone else enjoyed Divination! Lovely to meet you all, at last.

Return to “Introduction to Divination”