The Hobbit - Introduce Yourself!

Class led by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

The Hobbit - Introduce Yourself!

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:40 pm

As it says here --
Post in the introduction class forum, introducing yourself with your HOL name, any HOL nicks, what house you are in, and what year you joined. Post to say whether you have seen The Hobbit movie(s), read the book, or both.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... image by Susan Seddon Boulet
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Chantel Poole
No broom

Re: The Hobbit - Introduce Yourself!

Post by Chantel Poole » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:26 am

Hello! I am Chantel Poole. I joined HOL way back in 2012 and was active for about a year, and was able to move up to be a 2nd year. Unfortunately, I have only recently gotten back on HOL so I am still a 2nd year. I am part of the Ravenclaw house and hope I can start being really active again. :lol:

I read The Hobbit right before Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring came out in theaters in 2001. For some reason I thought that they were one in the same – but I was wrong (alas, I was only 8). BUT, I fell in love with both The Hobbit and LOTR that year. I have read all of the books and own all 6 of the movies. I actually watched the Fellowship last week – it’s on Netflix!

Anyways, I hope to learn more about the Hobbit in this class and I figure it will give me a ‘good’ reason to watch all of the movies again this fall :D

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.
Ginger Roenick
No broom

Post by Ginger Roenick » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:48 am

Hi, my name is Ginger Roenick. I am a 4th year Gryffindor, but have been a member of HOL for considerably longer. Unfortunately real life has limited my participation in the last few year. I’m looking forward to this school year and have enrolled in 5 classes. This year I am taking Astronomy, Divination, Norse Mythology, Potable Potions, and of course The Hobbit.
I have read The Hobbit and seen all three of the movies. I am in the process of reading the first book of the Lord of the Rings trilogy: The Fellowship of the Rings. The first time I started to read the Hobbit, I found it difficult to follow and did not enjoy the story. I put the book away, and after sometime pulled it back out. This time I was completely engrossed in the story and enjoyed it immensely. I enjoyed the movies, but appreciate the book more.
[img]http://.jpg[/img]
Gail Allen
Moontrimmer

Post by Gail Allen » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:08 am

Hello, my name is Gail Allen and I am a 3rd year Ravenclaw - it feels so strange to say that! I joined HOL in September 2016, so it's 2 years and a month since I joined. It feels simultaniously like more and less time. I have gotten a couple of nics in my time here at HOL, among them: Twinsie, Gale ( ;) ) and Yo, all of which actually ping me when I am on irc. So there now you know how to get my attention. Apart from using my name of course, but then, that seems almost too easy doesn't it?

As for the Hobbit: I have both watched the movies and read the books, though both are some years ago by now and I admit I've forgotten some details, but hopefully I can remember enough to pass this class; or maybe I'll have to read again which would actually be nice. It was a lovely book and I'd like to reexperience it.
Thank you Cassie for the signature!

Return to “The Hobbit, From Tolkien to Jackson”