The Hobbit- Introduce Yourself!

Class led by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

The Hobbit- Introduce Yourself!

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm

As it says here --
Post in the introduction class forum, introducing yourself with your HOL name, any HOL nicks, what house you are in, and what year you joined. Post to say whether you have seen The Hobbit movie(s), read the book, or both.
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Re: The Hobbit- Introduce Yourself!

Post by Shiloh Adlar » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:36 pm

My name is Shiloh Adlar, though you may call me Shi. I also go by Odette, Onyx, Aurora, Odile, crocOdile, Niffler, QueenNiffler, and TheQueenNiffler. (Just remember to bow when you see the latter two. :P ) I am a sixth year Ravenclaw, and I joined in August 2012. On HOL, I am a prefect, one of the co-captains of the Ravenclaw Quidditch Team and the Music Talk Moderator because music is awesome. It has been a very long time since I read The Hobbit, so I really need to read it again. I remember enjoying it very much, but nowadays, it's hard finding time to read. Maybe this summer. I have also seen the first two movies, and I need to make time to see the third. I really enjoyed the movies and watching everything come to life from the books.

note: introduction points submitted to the Niffler - Tarma
Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: .
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Prof. Jenny Lupin
Silver Arrow

Re: The Hobbit- Introduce Yourself!

Post by Prof. Jenny Lupin » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:36 pm

Hello! My name is Prof. Jenny Lupin, but don't worry about that big title, you can just call me Jenny! I'm a Gryffindor, and currently Captain of the Quidditch team there. I have had many nicknames over the years, including Jen, Jenneh, etc., but one of my personal favorites is Captain Winneboygan (from a fantastic Gryffindor Summer Camp). I joined HOL so long ago that I don't actually recall when! I know it was 2nd term, probably the year after it started? 2002/2003, ish? I've forgotten the details in my old age. :P

As far as The Hobbit goes, I've read the book a very, very long time ago (longer ago than I've been at HOL! ^_^). I've also seen all the movies. While I, like Shiloh, really need to re-read the book again, I do have to say I loved both! I've always been good at separating books from movies and not having particular expectations for either one, and I just really appreciate each for the unique story they told! :)

Can't wait to explore this class some more!

note: introduction points submitted - Tarma
Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: .
|Jenny Lupin|je360|Gryffindor|dHoH|Gryff Quidditch Captain|Gryff Seeker|
|Paw Print Editor|Lion's Pride Awards Committee Head|HOL Quidditch Class Assistant|
|Captain J.L. Winneboygan|Rabid KAT-TUN Fangirl|AKAME Fanatic|<3 Akanishi Jin <3|

Return to “The Hobbit, From Tolkien to Jackson”