Welcome to The Hobbit, From Tolkien to Jackson

Class led by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Moderator: Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Welcome to The Hobbit, From Tolkien to Jackson

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:14 am

Fili, Kili, Bilbo, Thorin, Balin, Gandalf, Smaug ....

Welcome to The Hobbit, From Tolkien to Jackson. You don't need to have read the books and/or seen the movies to take this class. While having done so might be of use to you if I am asking you for opinions on certain changes made from book to movie, you will definitely be able to read the lessons and know what I'm talking about in the assignments!

Syllabus and Class Information.

This class offers three awards --

Image....... Lonely Mountain
- for people who earn the full 300 points possible

Image ...... Thorin's Award
- to the person(s) from each House who earned the most points

Image...... The Hobbit Award
-- given to those people who are entertaining in their write-ups, answers and essays

I look forward to you being in my class!

Independent Studies

For those persons who have taken this class and are not yet done with The Hobbit (and Middle Earth), I am offering Independent Studies to those who are willing to come up with alternative assignments to entertain me. Most of the Assignments have more than 60 points available (from 70 - 90) so you will be able to do what you'd not done before (yes, I have your old homeworks) and you may also offer ideas for what you can do to get the full 300 points possible. I've also come up with options for more homework for those who want to do the Independent Studies. Of course they are sort of difficult and all that, but hey, it's TOLKIEN and JACKSON!

So, all of you who have approached me and wanted to continue on and I said I'd do Independent Studies, I'm dong it. Send me an email at the class site so that I will know to allow you in the class!

:)

Tarma
*Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* image by Susan Seddon Boulet *Avatar made by Amy*
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Re: Welcome to The Hobbit, From Tolkien to Jackson

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:59 pm

Are you sad to see this class no longer on the list of those you can click to sign up for?

The Hobbit, From Tolkien to Jackson IS open for signups.

I've just closed the signup that you can click from the Main HOL page.

If you want to join the class, please send me an HOL Message - topic The Hobbit Signup. I need to arrange for extensions, on an individual basis, for the assignments due at the end of each month since the beginning of Term.
*Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* image by Susan Seddon Boulet *Avatar made by Amy*
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “The Hobbit, From Tolkien to Jackson”