The Hobbit - Questions?

Class led by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Moderator: Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

The Hobbit - Questions?

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:39 am

Do you have questions about The Hobbit, From Tolkien to Jackson? Ask here!

Or, if you are wanting to know just what was in that soup that was being made in the forest, but don't want to ask in this public place, send me a HOL PM. :)
*Avatar-Terrier (Beka Cooper)*Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... image by Susan Seddon Boulet
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Katya Snow
No broom

Re: The Hobbit - Questions?

Postby Katya Snow » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:46 pm

I have a quick question about the assignment. you said we get a maximum of sixty points so does that mean we pick and choose which parts of the assignment we want to do? for example i would choose... uhm, True False for ten points, fill in the blanks for twenty, Write a Story for Ten points and Reading the Hobbit for the last ten? or do we simply do all of the assignment and get sixty points for all of them?

Maxim Trevelyan
Moontrimmer

Postby Maxim Trevelyan » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:49 pm

You pick and choose which ones. Though Tarma also accepts more than 60 points of work (if you have the inclination), she can't award you more than 60 for one month.
Thank you Dario!

Katya Snow
No broom

Postby Katya Snow » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:52 pm

okay thanks! that helps, i was trying to do the maze and it was making me cross eyed! lol. i dunno what t is about mazes but they tend to make me feel kind of ill. must be all the lines, i dunno. glad i can skip that one. ^^ thanks for letting me know!

Katya Snow
No broom

Postby Katya Snow » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:26 pm

in Assignment Two, the True False question 5:

"he Lord of the Rings trilogy was filmed and came out in 2001, 2002, and 2003"

Are we supposed to be determining that the release dates are correct or that the films where filmed in the same years?

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:52 pm

Katya Snow wrote:in Assignment Two, the True False question 5:
"The Lord of the Rings trilogy was filmed and came out in 2001, 2002, and 2003"
Are we supposed to be determining that the release dates are correct or that the films where filmed in the same years?

Taking the statement as a whole, are all parts of it true or false? If it is all true - say true. If part of it is true, and part of it is false, it is false -- and you write what is true and correct what is false so that it is then a true statement.
*Avatar-Terrier (Beka Cooper)*Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... image by Susan Seddon Boulet
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Katya Snow
No broom

Postby Katya Snow » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:21 pm

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black wrote:
Katya Snow wrote:in Assignment Two, the True False question 5:
"The Lord of the Rings trilogy was filmed and came out in 2001, 2002, and 2003"

Taking the statement as a whole, are all parts of it true or false? If it is all true - say true. If part of it is true, and part of it is false, it is false -- and you write what is true and correct what is false so that it is then a true statement.

okay great! Thanks so much! just wanted to be sure ^^

Return to “The Hobbit, From Tolkien to Jackson”