Announcements

Class led by Maxwell Shadow

Moderator: Maxwell Shadow

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:40 pm

Any announcements for this class will be posted here.

If you're interested in signing up for this class but want a bit more information please post in the questions thread and I'll get back to you asap.

There are three lessons on the site at the moment with more lessons available shortly. If there's something you're particularly interested in studying that isn't finished yet drop me a message and I'll try to prioritise that one.
Slytherin forever

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:10 pm

First off, I have been amazed by the number of people who have signed up for this class. I really didn't think that many people would be interested in it when I was putting it together so thank you!

Unfortunately that means that I'm going to have to put a limit on how many people I accept. Currently there are 43 members of the class. Whilst I know that not everyone will participate and do the work I'm guessing a good number of you will which is why you signed up in the first place. Those of you who have already submitted work and had it back will know that when I'm marking your work I'm giving proper feedback as I want this class to be meaningful and your maths to improve! Because of this it does take a long time to do the marking.

So, getting to the point (finally), I'm going to be closing the class for new registration when it reaches 50 members. Anyone who has been waiting to sign up please do so straight away or you may miss out. If you have changed your mind and no longer want to do the class please let me know so I can offer the place to someone else.

More lessons will be available this weekend... watch this space!
Slytherin forever

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:36 am

Percentages and Averages lessons have been added to the site, meaning there are now five lessons now available for you to attempt.

3 people have already gained enough points to get a quill!

All full marks homeworks submitted so far have had their points submitted. If you had any errors that need correcting please send me your answers as soon as you can so I can update your scores and submit your points.

~Max
Slytherin forever

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:09 am

Apparently the reaction timer link isn't working for some people. I have no idea what the problem is but here are some alternatives if you can't get that one to work:

If none of these are any good for you please let me know.

I'll get them updated on the website when I can.
Slytherin forever

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:14 pm

All points have been submitted for work which has got full marks. If you missed a few marks or made some mistakes remember you can have a second chance to get the marks so I've not submitted your points yet. If you want your points without improving the score please let me know.

Check out the spreadsheet to see how close you are to getting a quill (six of you have already done enough!)
Last edited by Maxwell Shadow on Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slytherin forever

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Thu May 15, 2014 10:16 am

I'm sorry for the lack up updates for this class recently. It's not a great excuse but I have been super busy with RL work and rehearsals. I know that some of you are waiting on new lessons and I plan to get some added this weekend (at least 2 more, hopefully 3!).

There are currently enough assignments to allow you to pass with 300 marks but I know that some of you don't want to do the extra credit assignments. Thanks for your patience with me in the first term of this (ambitious!) course. It is a work in progress and even more lessons will be added over the summer ready for next term - remember you are all welcome to take it again next year :D
Slytherin forever

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:53 pm

All work submitted up to this point has been marked. Points have been submitted if you got everything you submitted correct. I've held off on points for anyone who has corrections to make so I only have to submit the points once.

New lessons will be coming in the next two weeks, I'll keep you updated in here on my progress.
~Max
Slytherin forever

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:58 pm

Please check your HOL messages asap.

In addition to the information in that message, I've just decided that deadline for all work in this class will be extended to 21st January. I cannot offer correction opportunities though on anything submitted after January 15th (original class deadline).
Slytherin forever

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Re: Announcements

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:44 pm

The final due date for all work for this class is June 14th. The last date I will send work back for corrections is June 7th so anything received after that will have no opportunity to correct mistakes.
Slytherin forever

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Re: Announcements

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:06 pm

All work sent in so far has been graded and points submitted. Send me a message if you're missing anything.
~Max
Slytherin forever

Return to “Mathematics: Arithmancy the Muggle Way”