Announcements

Class led by Maxwell Shadow

Moderator: Maxwell Shadow

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:36 pm

Hello students

So glad to see you've been signing up for my class, I'm very much looking forward to your homework submissions.

Just to let you know I'm on holiday the rest of this week and won't be back on HOL until Saturday 31st.
If you have any questions I'll answer them when I get back. Also I won't be able to approve any new class members until my return but please assume I've accepted you!

The final two lessons will be available by September 3rd, along with the term exam. As a reminder, you are welcome to submit homework at any time and in any order, just try to follow the instructions at the top of the page so that your work doesn't get swallowed by my junk mail dragon.

Finally, the deadline for all work at the end of the term is Sunday 19th January, 23:59 HOL time. There will be no extensions past this date so please plan your time carefully so you can get enough points for your quill.
Slytherin forever

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:15 am

I'm home so will be finishing up those final lessons. I've had a request for some lyrics for the musical part of the extra credit. I'll create a thread for further requests and then post up the lyrics for you when I can.

If you find some good karaoke versions of the songs then send them to me in a HOL message and I'll link to them for others to use.
Slytherin forever

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:02 pm

Everything on the class website should now be complete (including the spreadsheet so you can be nosey and see who's already done what!). Please let me know if anything seems to be missing or if something doesn't make sense.

Remember that the deadline for all work at the end of the term is Sunday 19th January, 23:59 HOL time but please don't leave everything until the last minute!
Slytherin forever

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:15 pm

If you want your points before the end of October please send me your work asap. I'll be marking the next lot of assignments sometime on Thursday so make sure I have your work before then. Remember to check the spreadsheet so you can see how many points you need to pass the course... we're almost half way through the term now!
Slytherin forever

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:19 am

One final reminder to all class members that the deadline for work is one week away, Sunday 19th January, 23:59 HOL time. I cannot accept any work after that deadline as all points, quills and awards need to be submitted shortly afterwards.

All work is still being accepted for all musicals covered so you haven't missed any deadlines, including the bonus points for anyone looking for full marks!

Remember you need 150 points plus you need to hand in the term exam to get your quill. Make sure you look at the class spreadsheet to see how close you are to getting your quill. Five people have already done enough but it would be lovely to give out more in the first term of this class.
Slytherin forever

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:33 am

All lessons & assignments are now complete.
Term Project & final exam are also on the website.

Feel free to send in any work as soon as it is completed but the official deadline for all work is:
Wednesday 18th June, 23:59 HOL time

If you spot any errors please let me know. I've had a few website issues this weekend but everything should be fixed now!
Slytherin forever

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:40 pm

All work submitted so far has been marked and housepoints sent your way. If you haven't got points you have expected please let me know.

Remember anyone can submit work at any point in the course, but I'd recommend that you don't leave it all to the last minute!

~Max
Slytherin forever

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:28 pm

Just a quick message to let you know that the site has been completely updated for the new school term. All assignments now have a puzzle option for the Extra Credit (although you don't get an award if you choose this option) and the due date for all assignments has been updated to Saturday 17th January. Once we've had the first staff meeting I may need to update this (depending on when term actually ends) but I will let you know if it changes.

Anyone who has not yet earnt a quill in Act 1 is welcome in the class this term, even if you attempted the class before and didn't complete it. Act 2 will be running in the Spring term. You can send in work as soon as you want and in any order; the due dates on the assignments are simply there as a guide for those who prefer a monthly structure to their classes.
Slytherin forever

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:08 pm

I went to see an amateur production of Half a Sixpence last night (one of the musicals covered in Act 2) and it was amazing. It was a new version of the show and the changes/new songs were great. Might have some edits to make to that lesson now next term!

In other news all the assignments submitted so far have been graded and points submitted. Remember that all assignments are due in January so you can still complete the West Side Story homework even though we're passed the suggested September deadline.
Slytherin forever

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:13 am

All assignments submitted up to today have been graded and points submitted. I've updated the class gallery with some of the art work that has been sent in for the extra credits. I've also applied for the Act 2 course to run in the Spring term so I hope to see some of you taking that in the new year.

Just a reminder that in order to get a quill in this class you need to get 150 points and submit the exam. All assignments are still being accepted so don't think you've missed any deadlines yet... you haven't! Everything is due January 17th though so you are cutting it fine if you haven't started yet.

See you next year!
~Max
Slytherin forever

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:21 pm

Thanks to everyone who took part in this class for the Autumn Term. I've just submitted all the points, loads of awards and 7 quills earnt during the term. Congratulations all!

If you think you're missing anything please let me know asap so I can fix it. If I don't hear from anyone I'll be closing this class shortly.

Thanks again for all your hard work - I'll see you for Act 2 shortly!
Slytherin forever

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Re: Announcements

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:21 am

All homework submitted so far has been graded and the points submitted. If you spot any mistakes or omissions please let me know.

The final due date for all work for this class is Wednesday 17th June so you have loads of time. Don't leave it to the last minute though!
Slytherin forever

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:16 pm

Thanks again to everyone who took part in this class this term. I really enjoyed reading your submissions and your feedback in the exam really made me smile. I would like to now officially announce that next year there will be an Act 3 and and Act 4 of this class so I hope to see you all back. Now I wonder whether to retire Act 1 and Act 2 for a while or offer both classes as well next year. Let me know your thoughts!

~Max

PS. All Quills, points and awards should now be in your account. Let me know if you are missing anything asap as the class will be closed tomorrow.
Slytherin forever

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Gustavo Flores » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:48 am

Yes!!!! Thank you Max!!! These are the best news!!! I will totally sign up for your class next term!!! *Dances happily*
This is just an idea, but maybe you could the following: Offer Act 1 and Act 3 during the Fall Term, and Act 2 and Act 4 during the Spring Term. That way a newbie could start his musical journey and finish it in two years if he wishes! LOL, I don't know if that makes sense, maybe I'm just too happy about the new Acts coming!!

Thank you for my awards!! They are pretty! :) And thanks again for this great class!

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:16 am

That's what I was thinking Gus but not sure whether there are enough people left who want to do Act 1. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to run them both!

A sneak peak at the Act 3 website... clicky!
Slytherin forever

Shiloh Adlar
Silver Arrow

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:14 am

I'm so excited! Thank you for offering two more acts! By the way, LOVE the first two you have picked out as well. They're excellent.
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Darcey Goode
Oakshaft 79

Postby Darcey Goode » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:10 am

*wants to take Act 1 (and 2 and 3 and 4 ...) given that she hasn't been active in HOL for several years and is apparently now back*

If I ask nicely ... ? *bats eyelashes*
Slytherin | da357 | Preppy!Darcey | Queen of All Music | Random Slyth
Nexi's Beater | NOT scary | Terrible | Stalking Biggles | Bludger Magnet

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:35 am

Haha, no need for all the eyelash action, just sign up for Act 1 and 3 when the classes open shortly :) Act 2 and 4 will be available in the Spring term :)
Great to have you on board! Bring on all the musical awesomeness :D
Slytherin forever

Darcey Goode
Oakshaft 79

Postby Darcey Goode » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:24 am

Awesome. :D
Slytherin | da357 | Preppy!Darcey | Queen of All Music | Random Slyth
Nexi's Beater | NOT scary | Terrible | Stalking Biggles | Bludger Magnet

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:44 pm

All assignments sent in so far for Act 1 and Act 3 have been graded and points submitted. If you think you're missing some points please let me know. All points are also on the class spreadsheet. Use the tabs at the bottom to move between the two courses.

Also all the lessons and assignments (except the puzzles which are coming very soon) are on the Act 3 website. For both classes you are welcome to send in work at any point in the term as long as I receive it by the final deadline of Saturday 16th January, 23:59 HOL time.
Slytherin forever

Return to “Marvellous Musical Theatre”