A Place For Introductions

Class led by Maxwell Shadow

Moderator: Maxwell Shadow

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:12 pm

A lot of classes have introduction threads which give you points for the first lesson. I'm not going to give you any points (sorry) but if you want to post a little bit about you and your musical theatre background you can do so here. Even if you're not taking this class and want to get involved in the discussions feel free to post (I know how difficult it is choosing only 5 classes!)

I'll start...

IRL I'm a 29 year old teacher. I've been performing in some way since I was in primary school and was given the lead in the year 3 Christmas play (aged 7) and had to sing a solo... I was hooked! Since then I've been in many school and amateur productions including numerous musicals and pantomimes. I'm currently rehearsing for a November production of West Side Story with an amateur company. I joined them two years ago after seeing an advert in the local paper for open auditions and thought "why not!". I won't list all the shows I've done... I would be here forever!

As well as performing I love to visit the theatre as much as a can. The most recent show I went to see was Alice in Wonderland which was performed in the grounds of a church in central London. The cast was tiny and enthusiastic and the audience had to move around the church yard as the play progressed, finishing up sitting inside the church for the final scenes. Very cool!
Slytherin forever

Ian Carson
No broom

Postby Ian Carson » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:06 pm

Greetings! I'm Ian and I'm 15 years old. My friends and I have always loved Musical Theatre. Though I cannot sing well at all, I do sing Les Misérables with them. I also act in the theatre. (Side Note: If you offer this class in the spring, which you totally should, do a lesson on Les Misérables. PLEASE! :D ). I love to read and I hope to be a teacher when I get older.

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:34 pm

Would you believe me if I said I've never seen Les Mis Ian?! Shocking I know! I've done many of the songs in choirs over the years but never got round to seeing the show itself. I never even managed to go see the film when it was in the cinemas. Really must get hold of the dvd.

So.... I've just started rehearsals for Oliver! in March so I'm now rehearsing three times a week... Oops!

Anyone else rehearsing for anything at the moment?

PS - Ian I'm sure you sing just fine!
Slytherin forever

Felicia
Moontrimmer

Postby Felicia » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:53 pm

IRL.. am.. old....you don't need to know, but lets say I could be your mother....

I'm a Special Needs teacher in the local Elementary school and have been doing this for 20 years.

I have no musical talent what so even, though I did play the violin in Middle School many, many, many years ago.

But I LOVE musical. Love to sing with them, even though as my kids tell me, I have no voice for it. But I don't can.

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

Re: A Place For Introductions

Postby Prof. Gustavo Flores » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:59 am

Hello!!! :D

It's almost end of term and I can't believe I haven't introduced myself!! Anyway, today I finished all my work for this class, felt the HOL nostalgia, decided to check the HOL forum, and here you have me, writing an introducion post!!

For those who don't know me, I am Professor Gustavo Flores, from Ravenclaw House! HOL has been part of my life for quite some time now! However when I reached my fifth year, real life started to get extremely busy, and since I couldn't participate with all the students activities anymore, I decided to become a professor. I really miss the good old days where I could spend time in the HOL forum and the Ravenclaw forum, but I will try to get back there, little by little.

In RL, I am Mexican and I am 26 years old! I am a high-school professor, currently teaching Spanish and Literature. I am also doing my Master Degree on Education, so studying and working at the same time pretty much eliminates all of my social and HOL life :P

Apart from that, I also keep myself busy because I LOVE the Performing Arts :wub: Much of my free time is spent in dance classes (jazz and contemporary jazz) and rehearsals, and that is the reason why I decided to take this class!! I enjoy musical theatre quite a lot, and have had the opportunity to participate in some productions. In November 2014 I was part of the dance ensemble for "The Phantom of the Opera", and in May 2015 (just a week ago) I had the amazing opportunity to play Lumiere in the musical "Beauty and the Beast". This september we are having a Jazz Dance Competition coming, and in november we are doing a contemporary version of Jose Saramago´s "Blindness", which involves acting, music and dance. I passed the auditions and I will be part of the dance ensemble for this new project!! So excited!!

I can't tell how much I enjoyed this class!!! Learning about all those musicals has been great!! And I really, really, really hope we can get an Act 3 for Marvellous Musical Theatre!!!! Thanks Max for this amazing class!!!! :)

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:58 pm

Really glad you enjoyed the class :)

Act 3... Now that sounds interesting!
Slytherin forever

Shiloh Adlar
Moontrimmer

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:52 pm

In reply to that, I would sign up in a heart beat should you created an Act 3. *hint hint*
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:19 am

And of course of there was a three there would have to be a four... even numbers are the greatest! ;)
Slytherin forever

Return to “Marvellous Musical Theatre”