Hockey, Anyone?

Discuss Football, Tennis, Bowling, Rugby, Cricket...

Moderator: Maxwell Shadow

Arwen Wood
No broom

Postby Arwen Wood » Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:21 pm

I just want to see how many HOLers are hockey fans. I AM!! I LOVE ice hockey!! My favorite team is the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. (no I'm not a band-wagoner. Been a fan from the very beginning. tongue.gif ) I'm so proud of them for getting as far as they did. Western Champions. Yeah them!!!! I wish that Paul Kariya hadn't left the Ducks. But now him and Teemu Sellane are back together. So that's good. Maybe they will come back to the Ducks after next season. We'll see. So anyway. I actually play hockey too. I'm not so good, but it's really fun! I've made so many friends through hockey. It's great!

So post here if your a fan of hockey! (or not)

Arwen
biggrin.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif
Arwen Wood|ar418

When it's simply not your day and things get a little out of hand, as the invariably do from time to time, it's much more productive and far more healthier to just sit back and enjoy the absurdity of the moment.

Elizabeth Myst
No broom

Postby Elizabeth Myst » Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:00 am

What about Field Hockey? It may not be a popular sport, but it's still a type of Hockey.
I love F.H. by the way.

Agent Z--Elizabeth Myst--el079-- Gryffindor*
---;@

Kydlynn Jones
No broom

Postby Kydlynn Jones » Sat Jul 12, 2003 2:38 am

OMG, Arwen...you are my new hero! I adore hockey! I play ice hockey in the winter, roller hockey in the summer, and field hockey with friends in the spring and fall! I've been to almost all of the NHL player's original rinks that are in Minnesota (Brett Hull). Well okay, not all of the players'...just the ones I like. Hehehe! We have four tv's in my house, three with cable...and I'll tell you what during hockey season ALL of them (well besides the one without cable...sadly mine) are on hockey channels...15/7 (we turn them off when we sleep biggrin.gif ) !! Even when we aren't home we tape it. ESPN, ESPN2, and any other channel with hockey on it is ALWAYS on during the winter! Once, one of my friends tried changing it...bad idea. My dad YELLED at her. It was so hilarious! (He apoligized when he was done). The best part of hockey season is just being at the rink. During the winter I'm there the entire day after school. My practices, then my brothers', then my family volunteers...and get this! Next year I get to coach peewee hockey AND I get to ZAM ::clear the ice for those of you who don't know:: I'm so excited...all of the travelling (every weekend, which does get long but omg i love it!). ANd besides...in what other sport do you meet as many HOTT guys?
The worst part of hockey season tho, is that at the beginning when you aren't used to wearing pads...you feel REAL fat during the first week of practices! Hehehe
I love hockey!
Kyd :l: Lost Slyth :l:

Chewing gum is really gross. Chewing gum I hate the most.

Arwen Wood
No broom

Postby Arwen Wood » Sat Jul 12, 2003 7:45 am

Kydlynn...i'm so excited that you like hockey!!!! *Huggles Kydlnn* I must say I probably don't watch it as often as you, but when the Ducks are playing, i'm there! Have a great time coaching Peewee. That is a good age. Not quite bantams yet! (for those of you that don't know hockey, peewees are 10-12 yrs old, bantams are 13-15. or close to that) Driving the Zam too. How fun. I still don't know how to, but i'm trying to learn! About the hockey gear...man i hate that stuff. Then it gets all smelly sometimes! Yuck! (don't worry. I let it sit out over night so it dries!) Anyway. Good luck with the coaching! Have a great time traveling, too!

*Huggles Kydlynn*

Arwen

p.s Field hockey is great too. Sorry I
forgot about it!! rolleyes.gif
Arwen Wood|ar418

When it's simply not your day and things get a little out of hand, as the invariably do from time to time, it's much more productive and far more healthier to just sit back and enjoy the absurdity of the moment.

Colin Ross
No broom

Postby Colin Ross » Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:25 am

I thought Initiation was 5-6, Novice was 7-8, Atom was 9-10, Pee-Wee was 11-12, and Bantom was 13-14, and Midgit was 15-16? Well, I play hockey and thats what its like were I live...
Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sence of compassion.

Kydlynn Jones
No broom

Postby Kydlynn Jones » Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:36 am

Where are you from? I've never heard of Novice, Atom, or Midgit....but any way. I love hockey gear! I found the CUTEST breezers the other day (breezers are the shorts with padding in them)...they had lil hippie flowers on the sides and even cute lil denim pockets...but unfortuanely my coach would have killed me if I showed up in breezers like that! Heheheh! The worst part of hockey season is the first practice...last season we had a senior guy *total hotness* for a coach and the first practice i came out of the locker room and i must have looked angry. So he goes 'what's the matter?' and I asked him if I looked fat! EHHEEHHEH he blushed SO BAD! heheheh
Kyd :l: Lost Slyth :l:

Chewing gum is really gross. Chewing gum I hate the most.

Arwen Wood
No broom

Postby Arwen Wood » Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:44 am

I think the atom and novice must be for roller hockey. Ice has termite, mite, squirt, peewee, bantam and midget. But as far as I know, mites-midgets have "hockey clubs" or travelig teams. We have initiation, but it is a beginner league for kids. (ages 3-12) I'm not really sure if it's considered an age bracket or not. Kydlynn, Your hockey shorts sound so cute! I don't think I've ever seen anything like that before. As far as liking gear, I hate it. It's so hot wearing all that stuff. I can't stand the shoulder pads! I would just like to go with out them. Well, since there is no checking in our adult leagues, I don't think I need them anyway. But just in case. I went with out elbow pads one time, I pushed off from my skate, tripped, and fell right on my elbow. It hurt so bad! I neve went with out them again. Learned my lesson. rolleyes.gif

Bye Bye for now

Arwen
Arwen Wood|ar418

Lorelei Aiden
No broom
Location: Hufflepuff.....n we'll blow ur house down... *3 lil pigs*

Postby Lorelei Aiden » Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:54 am

i like watching hockey... i don't have a favorite team or anything or a favorite hockey player.. i just LOVE WATCHING IT! Haha.. i dunno... maybe it's b/c of the fights biggrin.gif haha..
i'm a happie camper!
i'm a happie huffie!

Toodles Noodles

lo376

Anthony Van Seschek
No broom

Postby Anthony Van Seschek » Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:44 am

i was the mvp for my hockey team (just plain hockey) in jr hs. i was the goalie. i know goalie cant win games but i did manage to stop many goals. got few cuts to prove it too.

Seven
No broom

Postby Seven » Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:00 am

A goalie can always win a game. That's why you need an awesome goalie in order to win the Stanley cup (as well as chemistry, the right rookies, an so on). For those days that your team can't play well, you count on your goalie to keep them in it.

I've been a hockey fan for as long as I can remember. Almost going on 20 years. Been in love with the game since I was 4. I like a lotta teams, but mostly teams with a more offensive/speed style of play. Favorites include the Penguins, Oilers (I lived in Edmonton 20 years, so it's hard not to cheer for the hometown team), Avalanche (heh heh, don't care how many people hate them, it's always nice to see them stomp my friends' teams) and the Canucks.

Never did get to join any leagues when I was a kid. But I can play decent ice hockey, pretty good roller hockey, and awesome floor hockey (I'm just too accustomed to using my feet as is). Most of the time, I take a forward position, preferably left wing (right hand shot) or center.

Haven't played in a while though. Miss it lots. But I watch almost every game that gets broadcast here. Or go online and listen through the online broadcasts.

Seven
Last edited by Seven on Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
You have just been tagged by the almighty Sebendood

"No fear. No distractions. To let that which does not matter truly slide" - Jack(Edward Norton) - Fight Club[/quote]

Selena Astralis
No broom

Postby Selena Astralis » Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:56 pm

Aaah, I love hockey. I play street hockey with my friends.. one of my friends is teaching me how to rollerblade better, so I can play roller hockey. I can't iceskate worth my life, so I leave traditional ice hockey alone. But I have played hockey on ice with my shoes on. Like broomball except not.

I love watching, too! I was rooting for Ana last cup, for being the underdog, but my heart belongs to the Sharks. They had a pretty horrendous season, starting out, especially with all the goalie switches. I also root for the Leafs a lot. Even though Belfour is horrid, and I wish they still had Joseph.

And, I do believe that the goalie can carry a game. A good goalie can make a world of difference, just look at the Ducks.
Glerf |Gryffindor - Home of the Lions | Appleby Arrows | se001
Hope unknown, sometimes just waking is surreal.
-E.

Seven
No broom

Postby Seven » Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:43 am

Sharkies should be capable of placing near the top if they did things right.

But Belfour is a better goalie than Cujo. I mean, Cujo is more likable and all, but Belfour has the cup, and usually keeps his GAA quite low. Cujo needs to play as the underdog, which is why he'll never win in Detroit.

Seven

"No fear. No distractions. To let that which does not matter truly slide" - Jack(Edward Norton) - Fight Club[/quote]

Anthony Van Seschek
No broom

Postby Anthony Van Seschek » Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:53 am

i see what you mean seven. but i meant that even if it was a very bad day, and i dont let the puck in, we cant win if we dont score. so i was so mad once because i was assigned to a different team with bad scorers. we lost. of course. dry.gif

edit: try to watch my language. duniper's advice.
Last edited by Anthony Van Seschek on Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Duniper Bay
No broom

Postby Duniper Bay » Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:36 pm

Any canadian in their right mind who says they dislike hockey will get trampled. I like hockey! Street hockey is fun, but basement hockey is funner! I can ice skate but i dont like people flying around me >_<. And The team i root for is Detroit, considering its 5 minutes away and i can go to some of their games! But my heart lies with Montreal... even though they havent won the cup for some odd years and all of their players are old. Dont ask me who my favourite is.. I dont know their names! >_<

But anyway, i go to some of my friend's hockey games and stuff. You should have seen it here when Canada won in the Olympics.. Insane. People partying in the streets and running around with giant canadian flags tied around their necks like a cape!

Hehehe.

By the way, Anthony, I would watch your language if I were you..
Once. I went to Burberry. And I wanted an Umbrella. But it was $95.00 american. So I didn't buy it.

That is the story of my life.

Hestia Tonks
No broom
Location: ~Hufflepuff!~We are going to win--- Honestly! Aren't Huffies always honest?~

Postby Hestia Tonks » Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:00 am

My friend friends from D.I. (PM me if you want to know what that is) play hockey. I am so worried they are going to get hurt! They are like family to me!
Hufflepuff is going to win the House Cup! Honestly! Aren't we Huffie's know for honesty?

Sirius Jake
No broom

Postby Sirius Jake » Sat Aug 02, 2003 5:17 am

I like hockey, but I only play it for fun. I used to play field hockey in middle school, which was fun (we won the championship!!), but then I switched to tennis when I got to high school because it's my favorite sport.
~Sirius Jake smile.gif
Wand: Boxwood, 13 4/8 inches, Griffin feather

Seven
No broom

Postby Seven » Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:21 am

But the thing is Anthony, a good goalie will keep their team in the game by not letting the other team score, so in the end, they'll at least scrape a tie. Or keep it a one goal game if they're down by one so they have a chance to tie it up. A tie is only one point, but one point could be the difference for finishing between first and fourth sometimes. ^_^;;

Buffalo was pretty much that way a few years ago, when they had Hasek. They didn't have anyone really big on offense (I mean, Miro Satan is good, but he can't carry a team, and Mike Peca could score too, but his physical game is his forte). You scrape by, and that's all that counts.

Seven

Tatigna Leimbach
No broom

Postby Tatigna Leimbach » Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:52 pm

i would love to play hockey except there are NO teams around here(i live in a totally icealted town) i would play street hockey and make the kids next door teach me how(they know how to because they drive a long way to get to a town that does have a team) but i dont have ne thing to play with sad.gif
Tatigna | ta403 | Ravenclaw

Adele Liddell
No broom

Postby Adele Liddell » Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:28 am

Hockey is fun, but I'm just not good at it. I'm not very good at sports, in general. It's pretty sad... and as far as I know, there aren't even any hockey teams at my school anyway! My school is sad... dry.gif
My Wand: Rosewood, 12 3/4 inches, Unicorn Tail Hair

Jade Cady

Postby Jade Cady » Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:59 am

I used to play field, inline and ice hockey. I fought really hard to get onto my local ice hockey team as they felt that being "just a girl" I was not tough enough to play with the "big boys" but I managed to get on and held my own with the guys, a while after another girl also made the team which I thought was cool.

Return to “Sports Talk”