Phys.ed. Class

Discuss Football, Tennis, Bowling, Rugby, Cricket...

Moderator: Maxwell Shadow

Narcia Bellamy
No broom

Postby Narcia Bellamy » Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:24 am

Ech ... I dropped phys ed in highschool the first year I was allowed to do so. I took dance instead, which is much more up my alley! Was never really into team sports. laugh.gif

Sam Slick

Postby Sam Slick » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:52 am

Unlike most of the guys at my school, I detest gym 199%. It is so boring. I am completely dreading it next year - I have to get 1.0 credits is Phys Ed!

Prof. Hailey Potter
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Hailey Potter » Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:59 pm

I'm one of those people who are very athletic, they just stand and the corners and pretend they're not. I do it because....well, I get really into it. I'm very competitive, and that turns to aggressive-ness....let me put it like this....it's just scary. So I pretend I'm not very athletic......
Gryffindor Professor|HOL 101, An Introduction to Divination, and Advanced Divination
Spice Squad Captain|Paw Print EiC|Lions' Pride

Samuel Craft
No broom

Postby Samuel Craft » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:32 am

Well my gym class sucks. We have to do these warm-ups which take out a good part of the class. We do push-ups,sit-ups, and jogging. Then we do not have enough time to play our games. The teachers take too long explaining everything and it gets very annoying. We also have tests we must take after the unit is boring. I am now going to a different school and hopefully it will be better!
Signature & Avatar by the Sig N Av Palace
Samuel Craft // Hufflepuff // Sixth Year // Student Teacher - [color=#000000]Factions of Superheroes[/color]

Kai Clearwood
No broom

Postby Kai Clearwood » Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:30 am

I absolutely hated phy. ed.!! (not because i'm not athletic, but because of the teacher) As a freshman, i was not too athletic, so i could never get above a B+ in that class. You practically had to be an all-star athlete to do that...which most of the class was... As a sophomore, it was easy to get an A, because we had co-ed Phy. Ed., and the teacher took it easy on the girls...and since he had to grade everyone equally, it was almost as if i were graded as a very athletic girl.

*note: the girl comments made above were NOT meant to be sexist in saying girls are not as athletic as guys. They only reflect the athletisism of the girls in my gym class*

This year, as a junior, i don't have phy. ed., which is a first since kindergarden!!! So i'm VERY excited for that!
Home is where the Sett is! ~Tarma Black
Face by Litia!

Amy Jacobs
No broom

Postby Amy Jacobs » Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:21 pm

Being honest, I am amazingly terrible at P.E. or just sport in general. huh.gif I'm just not athletic, at all, but never mind.
(To give you an idea of how bad I am, if I play rounders, i get hit on the head by a ball at least once a year and if i play netball, even more frequently sad.gif )
"You're a prefect? Oh Ronnie! That's everyone in the family!" [Molly Weasley]
'What are Fred and I? Next door neighbours?"

Narcia Bellamy
No broom

Postby Narcia Bellamy » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:58 pm

I was bad at all the sports they forced us to play in school. I was good at swimming and horseback riding, which aren't sports you get to do in public school in Canada. I hated it and was miserable, especially the years they had a "Canada Fitness" program where they gave out medals based on your performance, so those of us who sucked had a tangible reminder of just how much we sucked. I think it was supposed to encourage us, but it just made me feel worse.

In high school, gym was only mandatory in grade 9, so for the rest of the time, I changed into the dance class and took that for exercise instead. It was much better!

Aurora Sommerset
No broom

Postby Aurora Sommerset » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:04 am

I liked gym until sophomore year. We had this bloody awful substitue teacher for the first couple of months, she acted like the Queen of England! Anyway, it was very hot and humid one afternoon, and we weren't supposed to be running without water breaks. But Miss High-and-Mighty wouldn't go and get the water tank. I'm sure you can guess what happened.

One girl collapsed from heat exhaustion, a boy had an asthma attack, and I half passed out, causing myself to trip and wrench my knee. This should tell you how hot it was, because I am by no means weak physically.

Suffice to say, the sub was fired, and everything went back to semi-normal except for me. I had to wear this clunky knee brace all year that clashed horribly with my wardrobe.
^Thanks to Morgy Black at the ID Card Shop
~~~
Rory | Evil Twin One | au500 | Slytherin
"That's the thing about magic. There's always consequences. Always!" – Spike
Cmodraneh tusehydeuh.
Promptu alethia – Sierra Sky and Aurora Sommerset

Ash Night
No broom

Postby Ash Night » Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:35 am

Yes, because it clashing with your wardrobe is the most important thing. rolleyes.gif

Anywho, I depise PE. Always have, always will. I've never really been into that whole...physical exertion thing. wink.gif

Danz Alexander
No broom

Postby Danz Alexander » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:55 am

My P.E is in school is for three days every week,half an hour,and I like P.E.

In my class,it is great because my form teacher allows us to bring hamsters to school,sometimes,some of our classmates bring back the hamsters.

Time to talk about P.E again,I like my form teacher because sometimes,whenever there are no P.E lessons,my form teacher will bring us to some places like the car park to go for P.E lessons,like racing. rolleyes.gif
*--Hufflepuff--* --First Year--*

*--brotherboy--*

Siggy done by Morgy Black in the ID Card shop!

Meg Chesterbrook
No broom

Postby Meg Chesterbrook » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:31 pm

i'm very,very athletic so gym isn't the worst for me. i am not at all fond with running. gym stinks when we have to do 1v1's,tests and pressure activities.gym keeps you fit i think. it doesn't for the student's who keep on eating ftty foods and don't really excercise. it just wears them out and you feel heavy in the chest after you just ate something sweety or fattening*cough McDonald's cough cough*.
"Respect your superiors, if you have any"

"There is no sadder thing than a young pessimist, except an old optimist"

"Honor is a harder master than the law"

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest"

~Mark Twain~

Aeria Skye
No broom

Postby Aeria Skye » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:45 pm

I personally really like gym. Well except for basketball (I'm not very tall) and track (running ugh!). I like team sports the best because I'm relatively athletic and exceedingly competitive. Also, last year I took AM gym and playing sports at 7:15 in the morning was an excellent way to wake up. The only bad things about gym are that one marking period (1/4th year) a year we have to take health which is incredibly boring and we are only allowed to miss 3 days a Marking period. That might not seem like too many, but with illness and school trips, they add up fast. If we go over we have to make each day up or our grade drops accordingly.
Aeria Skye | ae400 | elfqueen | redhead (on her days off)
*Made by me*

Lani Pockerveil
No broom

Postby Lani Pockerveil » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:30 am

I don't really care for P.E the only part I like about it is mabey running. I run preety fast, usually faster than the majority of my classmates.

But for my excercise it's usually chasing my little brother and trying to get back my things, for example, money that he thinks is edible. He's only 19 months but quite a handful. blink.gif
{[color=blue]Ravenclaw}[/color]---Lani Pockerveil::la509---
---I love muffins--- {1st year}

Nashira Flamme
No broom

Postby Nashira Flamme » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:30 pm

I only do well in some areas. I have been taking gymnastics since I was 3 years old, and am currently on my school and outside school team, so naturally I did very well in it. I do well in soccer and tennis too, and I do horribly in everything else. *shrug* At least it's not like middle school, where your classmates pissed off and moan when your added to their team because you can't play a certain sport. I hated that.
Salvation lets my wings unfold...
-Signature was made by Morgy at the ID card shop-

Mackenzie James
No broom

Postby Mackenzie James » Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:44 am

I loved Phys Ed... I had top marks all the time and was the Prime Minister of the Athletic Council. I'm not a professional athlete.... Yet... But I have been asked to try out for Team Canada for both Ice Hockey and Women's Softball. I'm gonna wait until I get my University Degree though, because I dont wan't to get caught in the trap. So yeah, 2010 Winter Olympics... Vancouver, BC Canada.... My home country... I'll be there... #33... Goalie for the Women's Olympic Team!!!! Wish me luck biggrin.gif

Thanks so much to Ella and the ID Card Shop for the Sig and Av!!!

I Love Rebecca Briggs!!

Ireth Pang
No broom

Postby Ireth Pang » Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:50 am

I think Phys. Ed is cool, because in my school,in Singapore, we do sports like Netball, Basketball in modules every year. I did Gymnastics first in my first year, then after that was Track & Field I think. Now I'm doing Netball, and it's very fun! It's great that my school does it this way, so that we have a plan of what we're doing, and we can learn different types of sports.

But I guess it's really up to how your school plans your Phys. Ed classes.
my siggy's GONE. tsk. it's disappeared somewhere. sadly. x|

ir500 || Comit 160 || second year!

2 wrongs dont make a right, but 3 lefts do--Degrees of Guilt: Tyrone's Story by Sigmund Brouwer

Maren Sangster
No broom

Postby Maren Sangster » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:39 pm

I took PE for my senior classes, and all we did was theory, no practicals! dry.gif Such a pity..
|Made by Morgy at Hogsmeade's ID Card Shop|

Prof. Hailey Potter
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Hailey Potter » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:01 pm

All I've gotta say is this: thank God I have Gym next term, and that I only have to have one credit in it. After next term, I am not taking another Gym class again! (At least in grade school....)
Gryffindor Professor|HOL 101, An Introduction to Divination, and Advanced Divination
Spice Squad Captain|Paw Print EiC|Lions' Pride

Kashana Nightdweller
No broom

Postby Kashana Nightdweller » Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:25 am

I don't know, I like gym. Our gym class, I'm not sure if it's like the rest out there.. Probably is. *rambles*

Yeah, we have 3 run days (aka cardio), and the rest is stuff like sit ups, crunches, and lifting weights. (aka muscular endurance/strength). I personally love it, because I like working out. I find it alot better than actual sports and stuff, because I can't really play that well compared to everyone else. I'm too clumsy and not really that coordinated.

I like the work out and stuff though, just pushing myself to the limits and trying my hardest. I just like how I feel afterwards, even if I'm not having the most fun while I'm during it. It brings me enjoyment to know that I can run a certain amount and do so many work out exercises, if that makes any sense. Just to know that I'm not out of shape or anything, and breaking my own records the more I work out. *shrugs*
Thanks to Morgy Black for my siggy! *huggles*

Taylor MacPherson
No broom

Postby Taylor MacPherson » Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:56 pm

I quite enjoyed P.E...At my school you have to take a year of it as a freshman requirement. They have like four different offerings for every unit though so you can pick what sports/ team games you play for like the entire year. They also have a whole bunch of other offerings for upperclassmen ranging from outdoor education where you build snow caves, rock climb, and kayak to lifetime activities where you golf, frisbee golf, and go bowling. They also added a dance class too this year! I think it's a good way to get active and because they offer it during the school day, it means you don't have to make "extra time" to work out after school if you don't want to...
Taylor MacPherson | ta408 | Second Year | Ravenclaw | Alte Sententiam | RQT Cheerleader | Vigilante Posse

[color=gray]"Though the world may fall apart below us, the Eagles still fly high. While the Badger, Snake and Lion share the Earth, no Eagle shares the sky."
[/color]

Return to “Sports Talk”