Phys.ed. Class

Discuss Football, Tennis, Bowling, Rugby, Cricket...

Moderator: Maxwell Shadow

Jonathan Rico
No broom

Postby Jonathan Rico » Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:23 pm

I am actually good at two sports. I am good at Kickboxing I just have to one practice more and second take more interest in it. And the other sport I am good at would be Football, even though I have'nt played it for two years because of me taking kickboxing but I am going to play football for my High School. If I am any good at the sport then I will go in the NFL and see if I can play for the New England Patriots.

&

I find Gym the best elective {extra Curricular {whatever you call it}} In all of the classes that I have. But I find it best in the spring when you get to go outside and have fun.
Last edited by Jonathan Rico on Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan Rico | jo413 | Gryffindor
Thank you for the borderline amazing avatar, Taelin!

Mysty Fogg
No broom

Postby Mysty Fogg » Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:29 pm

Hated it! In 7th grade I used to read as we walked the track. Got in trouble for that.

Volleyball - that ball hurts! then I got hit on the head with one
American football - almost got beaten up over a game in middle school, dislocated my finger in high school
Soccer - got kicked in the ankle in middle school
Dodgeball - FORGET IT!

I liked it when they left us to our own devices. My friends and I usually played four square.

My middle school had a swimming pool, I did like that. Even took swimming in college one semester. (you aren't sweating)

Mysty

"I'm a witch"

Sima Wolfaxe
No broom

Postby Sima Wolfaxe » Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:14 pm

It's terrible and I hate it! All we do is yoga or volleyball on the knees (it hurts, you know). It only gets a bit better in spring when we can go outside and sometimes play badminton or square. I really miss basketball... The room (yes that's right, the room, not a big nice hall, but a room! mad.gif) is too small for it
We do not stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Astra Starr
No broom

Postby Astra Starr » Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:15 pm

I hate P.E.
It's just another way to be bored, and it's also too difficult for a lazy person like me.
Also, my teacher likes written PE tests, so my marks are very bad (who wants to study PE?!)
Astra Starr | as485 | Fist year Gryffindor

Leora Lobel
No broom

Postby Leora Lobel » Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:52 am

Hmm. At my school, you have to take Phys Ed, or Gym all year long. We have one marking period off for health, but its part of the smae program. And yes, they have tried to make us say PE since 1st grade, but everyone still says Gym class. Gym isn't an elective (and an extra curricular is something taken outside of a curriculum) its mandatory.

I used to hate it, not becasue I'm bad at sports, even though I am, but because the whole getting changed, being active, etc is annoying. But really, it is a break in the day. We get to choose which sport we take for each marking period (1/4 of the year), and there is often a choice that seems okay, even fun. After sitting in an AP bio class for a long time, I realize that if my friends can all act as though gym is fun, it actually seems like a well deserved break in an academic day. Of course, if it were 1st period... all of that would change. If people stopped complaining about gym, and their friends did likewise, there would be a better atmosphere, and it would be more like playing a game than an annoyance.
~5th Year~~Identity Crisis le409 & el409~

Pit Ermione
No broom

Postby Pit Ermione » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:40 am

when I was at school I hated P.E. because it was boring....only artistic gym....and I don't like it!!!
fortunately I've finished this torture!!!!!! biggrin.gif

Rebecca Faethorne
No broom

Postby Rebecca Faethorne » Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:13 am

I hate it. Its the worst class you could have at a school.
Sister of Alexandria Faethorne | Crazy Huffie | Daughter of Ashlee Sully | TarzanBecca

Titles Alex and I hold: HOL's to most loving sister's | Faethorne sister's | Troublemaking twins | Deadly viper assassination squad | SPAM queens | Crazy twins | Weasel twins | Slythie sister's | Huffie sister's | ESP twins

Prof. Jenny Lupin
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Jenny Lupin » Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:58 am

I love gym class... I think it's a really fun, and you get a chance to experience different sports that I normally would not participate in!
|Jenny Lupin|je360|Gryffindor|dHoH|Gryff Quidditch Captain|Gryff Seeker|
|Paw Print Editor|Lion's Pride Awards Committee Head|HOL Quidditch Class Assistant|
|Captain J.L. Winneboygan|Rabid KAT-TUN Fangirl|AKAME Fanatic|<3 Akanishi Jin <3|

Aelita-chan
No broom

Postby Aelita-chan » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:49 am

I don't know why so many of you hate P.E. I technically love it because we do many things such as:

Winter: Swimming, Snowshoeing, Cross-Country Skiing, Basketball

Spring: Tennis, Badminton, Soccer, Football

Summer:Soccer, European Handball, Volleyball, Track and Field

We are able to do all these sports becauseour school has all the necessary facilities. I also am the biggest sport fanatic you have ever seen adn I lvoe sports!

Aelita-chan | ne404 | Gryffindor |
[color= hotpink]Lady Marauder[/color] | Fourth Year |
Ickle Itty Bitty Kawaii Kitty Boo McGee |

PETER AND AVI BELONG TO ME! <3

Ariana Daniels
No broom

Postby Ariana Daniels » Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:04 am

*winces* This year, I don't have to take it, but in 9th and 10th grade, it's mandatory, Lucky me I can take it outside of school, so I can make it super fun! But generally, I dislike it. I'm a soccer/volleyball/cheerleading/dance person, so I'm more inclined to those sports than anything else. And they make me run in cold weather, which makes me hyperventilate! Ickys Ickys Ickys! I hate Gym!
And Health as well!
.: Ariana Daniels :.
ar420 - Slytherin -2nd Year - Recently Resurrected

Hedley Potter
No broom

Postby Hedley Potter » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:26 am

I personally dont think that PE classes are that necessary, if you play sport then you gonna do sport anyway, if you dont then theres no point! It's just a waste of a period.

Charlotte Black
No broom

Postby Charlotte Black » Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:05 pm

I'm alright at PE...good at reflex sports. I'm not a runner though, except I can sprint moderately well and I'm very good at running back and forth very fast.

We haven't done tennis in gym yet, and that really is my sport, so I'll finally be able to beat everyone who beat me at baseball, soccer and lacrosse!:) I'm fairly good at badminton, though.
^by me^
"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement, for even the very wise cannot see all ends." JRR Tolkien
It is our choices, rather than our abilities, that decide who we truely are.

Sherlock Holmes is my idol

Sophronia Bradenton
No broom

Postby Sophronia Bradenton » Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:09 am

DOWN WITH GYM! Rarrrgh!

They are completely pointless. For one thing, it's supposed to teach you teamwork but that's a load of rubbish. The people who are good at sports are always glorified, and the people who aren't put down. I can't tell you how many times in my gym class you have the good people cursing out the not so good people. Teamwork? Yeah, right.

Secondly, in my school it's required...even MORE rubbish. I'm absolutely horrible at sports, and I will never be good at them and frankly once I leave high school will never play sports again. And yet I'm forced to be in a class that I hate, doing things that I hate with people who will hate me and put me down for not being good and throw away all my self confidence for four years of my high school. I can think of at least 5 classes I'd rather take instead of gym that would be actually important to my future, but no, I can't take them because I have to take gym.

It's a totally useless class that gives the idiots who are good at sports an A, and the people who may be atrocious at sports but good in other things bad grades. It's useless, tormenting, pointless, and all the worst memories of my life in middle school and part of high school involve gym. So no, I hate gym, and it's pointless.

Sorry for the rant. I have lots of negative emotions associated with gym.
*Overlord of Oboes and Mistress of the Majestic*

yum yum eat 'em up

Eleanor Stone
No broom

Postby Eleanor Stone » Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:16 am

Fizz ed was the worst! I got a scholarship warning in P.E. Thank goodness I was on the soccer team or my coach would have failed me! I barely ever dressed out the only time I did the class was either playing ping pong, square dancing or playing capture the flag. I must say though... I did enjoy capture the flag! Ahhh the bliss of being on the soccer team! I might not have passed it!
Member of SOTM "A line allows progress, a circle does not."

Sophronia Bradenton
No broom

Postby Sophronia Bradenton » Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:36 am

Yeah, that's another thing that I hate about gym...if you're on a sports team you like, automatically pass, but if you're not you're stuck struggling along while the others put you down. And I'm in marching band colorguard, which IS a sport because we work just as hard if not harder than people in sports, and yet that "doesn't count" somehow. *growls*
*Overlord of Oboes and Mistress of the Majestic*

yum yum eat 'em up

Keaira Filan
No broom

Postby Keaira Filan » Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:30 am

My school dosen't take much emphasis in gym, so there're no gym classes for me.

The PE syllabus is always changing, but anyway I currently hate PE. All we do is jog, warm-up and play silly little games like 'monkey' and 'captain's ball'. Not that I don't like these games, but some of the girls in my class will squeal (god knows why) and complain just because the ball dirtied their shirt *rolls eyes* What I really don't like about PE is that we don't get to play soccer or basketball like the seniors

Dusk Sathien
No broom

Postby Dusk Sathien » Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:47 am

We've had to take Gym as a compulsory subject since 1st grade. For the 10 years I had to take it, I have detested it with an exhuberant vehemence. I can't stand being forced to run and run and run and sweat like a pig for an hour. Of course, I'm only saying that because I'm a lazy sod, but nevertheless, I'll only enjoy it if we actually play a sport like soccer or rugby (can't stand netball...).

Ah well - nevertheless smile.gif I'm in year 11 this year and we didn't have to take it. Not surprisingly, I didn't!

Love
Dusk

Estelwen Black
No broom

Postby Estelwen Black » Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:33 pm

I hated gym class, and the teachers in my school were really bad, there was one who was nice though. Well, it's not that I don't like sports I do, but I suck in all sports. I rather watch them laugh.gif
"Dreams come true. Without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them." John Updike.

Made by Em @ the Sig N Av Palace

Rireoosol Softrain
No broom

Postby Rireoosol Softrain » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:01 am

I've always loved PE. I saw it as a break between my academic classes. I loved/hate the miles we had to run each week. I hated them because.....face it... I don't actually enjoy running; but I loved the fact that it was helping and keeping me in shape (alas... I have no need to take PE anymore... we only needed 3 semesters [plus a semester of health] bummer...)

PE introduced me to loads of sports I'd never tried before. Things such as badmitton, floor hockey, and soccer. These sports are those that, if not for PE, I probably would have never played. So, I'm particularly thankful. (You're probably like "what?! soccer?! But, I don't have any close friends who play soccer, really...)
~| <- riRe -> | owl: Luna | ebony, 10 1/2 inches, fairy hair | ~
| spice girl: Dark Spice | proud patronus prowler pirate|

Liz Randerson
No broom

Postby Liz Randerson » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:35 am

Well, my PE is twice a week. We use to play basketball or netball during these two periods last time. I really liked it then. But now, we're suppose to do PT (physical training a.k.a physical toture) once and play soccer once. I seriously don't like doing PT and so I hate PE now. Not only that, but soccer? I'm totally useless at it, and, i hate it when the field's muddy. Got to wash my shoes..
*huggles* Thanks Ilo for the sig!
- Liz Randerson- li488- Second Year- Pink hamster named Pluee
- Gryffindor- Proud Lion- Gryffs Awards Committee- Insama Tent
- Dragon Heartstring, Cedar, 13 inches- Right wand hand- Troublemaker

Return to “Sports Talk”