Phys.ed. Class

Discuss Football, Tennis, Bowling, Rugby, Cricket...

Moderator: Prof. Rorey Padfoot

Serenadia Jones
No broom

Postby Serenadia Jones » Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:31 am

Dunno... I'm kinda good at it, not excellent but good. I play badminton since 5. But last year, I think I'm taking my exercise too seriously, I twist my leg, hurts, can't walk properly for days. Recovering now but I' a bit crippled, my right leg is up abit maybe by 0.5 cm, thank goodness it's no more than that. sad.gif
||Serenadia Jones||se415||Proud to be a member of the Lions||Scarlet Den||
GRYFFINDOR

Prof. Ashlee Sully
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Ashlee Sully » Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:50 pm

I haven't taken PE for two years now but each week, all Senior students are required to take one sport on a Wednesday afternoon that only just stopped as we now leave early on that day. We just did recreational sports but it was fun and you were still keeping somewhat fit.

The only time I ever enjoyed PE was when we were playing soccer or football. That lead to me playing as apart of that school girls soccer team for one day tournaments and season championship against other schools and I loved it. I remember staying behind when we had PE just before lunch and a bunch of us girls would continue playing tackle football with the boys and we'd occasionally leave sporting some bruises from being knocked to the ground.

Sport is great when you're having fun and want to play, I hate being made to play a sport I dislike, like swimming, cricket or basketball. Thats when sport becomes more of a chore and takes away the fun from life.

I'm glad that I'll never have to take PE again.
Retired Slytherin Professor || Lover of Chocolate || Addicted to Frogs

Jacord Brieremere
No broom

Postby Jacord Brieremere » Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:47 am

Our school was kinda cool, we only had to take gym for our freshman and sophmore years and if you played a sport, you got outta P.E. for the season, so I only had to endure the inanae attempts to get us interested in exercise for a few weeks out of the year. (so glad for being a soccer-head).
When we did have gym, it was usually lame, disorganized and aggravating. ( I think most of us can agree that Dodgeball was created in a special level of hell) laugh.gif
House: Gryffindor
Wand: 10 3/4 inches, Mahogany, Peacock Feather Core

"Gryffindors...we make bravery look this easy"

Kirsten Casper
No broom

Postby Kirsten Casper » Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:53 pm

I do like P.E because I only get it once a week as I didn't choose is as a subject for 3rd year, so its obligatoy by law that I have to have at least one lesson a week! Last thing on a Monday. But we get to choose what we do like dancing, ping pong, soccer, rugby etc. So all in all not that bad. biggrin.gif
"If you don't have the courage to follow your dreams then why should they ever come true?"

Chudley Cannons Rule!!

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you will land among the stars"

Ilona Littrell
Oakshaft 79

Postby Ilona Littrell » Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:40 pm

let's see...
I have six hours a week of physical activity at school
2 hours of jazz dancing, 2 hours of ballett and two hours of gym.
I love gym (but not all the homework and reading and especially the workbook, I hate that book!), dancing and about all sort of sports! biggrin.gif
I also train self defence and a bit at a training sentre
-»----(¯`v´¯)----»
[color= gray]^Sig & Av made by me.
Feel free to PM me if you want one, or come to the Gryfftastic Graphics Club in the Gryff CR! ;)[/color]
|[color=Blue]Sixth Year|Lady Marauder|Gryfftastic Graphics Club|Captain of the Black PINK Pearl|[/color]

Amanda Taylor
No broom

Postby Amanda Taylor » Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:34 pm

I love P.E!! I actually excercise a lot... I do about 4 hours of ballet, and 3 of variated dancing a day!! (See, I recieve and teach classes so it's a lot of dancing!! BUT I LOVE IT!!) And I also do formula -1 racing, which requires lot of practice. And I play volleyball, and love to surf!! I love all kinds of sports, really. smile.gif
[color=6399CC]

Amanda Taylor [/color] // [color=6399CC]am419[/color] // [color=6399CC]Gryffindor[/color] // [color=6399CC]Second Year[/color]
Löwe Den [color=6399CC]//[/color]Dynamite Spice [color=6399CC]//[/color] LMAR [color=6399CC]//[/color]PPC Member
[color=6399CC]SOTM (The Re-birth)[/color] // [color=6399CC]Go GRYFF!!! [/color]

Spice Girls: [color=6399CC]Rockin' Quidditch Pitches Everywhere[/color]

Marvin Malfoy
No broom
Location: Hufflepuff!....... just because my last name is Malfoy doesn't mean that I should be in Slyt

Postby Marvin Malfoy » Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:16 am

Well, it depends.......
You see, playing Basketball against your friends is fun. Same goes for football, volleyball, soccer, etc.
><>MM<>< (fish the world) ><>MM<><
School for me starts way too early. Like, beginning of August early. Oh yeah, that sucks. I like Relient K, they are pretty much the only music I listen to. =D Well, that and Broadway. Broadway fills up all 4 gigs of my iPod Mini.

Hestia Tonks
No broom
Location: ~Hufflepuff!~We are going to win--- Honestly! Aren't Huffies always honest?~

Postby Hestia Tonks » Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:17 am

I. Hate. Phys.Ed. They give us homework! And the boys don't pass. dry.gif
Hufflepuff is going to win the House Cup! Honestly! Aren't we Huffie's know for honesty?

Becky Walker
No broom

Postby Becky Walker » Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:02 am

School is fun and gym class/ phys.ed is even funner... er is that a word? I don't know, oh well.. I've had gym in grade 9, 10 and 11 in muggle school and was absolutely furious that they had almost not given me gym this year! mad.gif I had to nearly beg on knees for it! Finally I got it and trust me, it's worth having gym! laugh.gif Anyway, I love volleyball, soccor, badminton, and most of all baseball. If I couldn't have sports I'd probably cry, I love all that good exercise and stuff! The homework is half of my favourite part about gym, I have this thing for remembering every bone in the body... just think, the scapula is the shoulder blade and the clavicle is the collar bone, and so on... biggrin.gif Phys. Ed. rules!
Last edited by Becky Walker on Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wand: Palm, 6 3/4 inches, Jobberknoll feather (Rather short but at least I won't poke anyone's eye out, but it does occasionally let off explosions ~ that's actually normal for my wand)[color=orange][/color]

Tages Black
No broom

Postby Tages Black » Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:19 am

i hate pe class. it sucks. i have a really bad knee and its hard for me to do a lot of running and things like that. its even harder when u have a co-ed pe class with a guy pe teacher. though next year i can wave it one semester (and senior year) because i'm on flag squad and we march field show and parade marching everyday. hopefully i can skip a lot of pe this semester to drive. the only good thing about our pe is we get to go bowling at the bowling alley and go skating.
Who loves the FFA, guys in wranglers, country music, NASCAR and thinks tractors really are sexy - no one esle but me Tages black

Carmen Glow
No broom

Postby Carmen Glow » Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:53 am

Tages Black wrote:i have a really bad knee and its hard for me to do a lot of running and things like that

Ah, I don't like PE either. I hurt my knee when I fell in PE and now I can barely run, and my PE teacher just doesn't really understand.

In the sixth grade my PE teacher would run us untill we puked everything we had eaten in that day. I swear, she was a bad teacher. And you had to do everything even if you had a sprang ankle with a note. She was insane.

Mia Mayfair
No broom

Postby Mia Mayfair » Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:57 pm

I didn't really like phys-ed class, I'm a little bit clumsy and never enjoyed the exercises our teacher came up with. She liked to torture us, I swear! I like playing sports though, and do so in my free time now.
Firsty | Slytherin | mi480 | Assistant Prefect | Sig 'n' Av Palace Worker
Phoenixfeather's Name Twinny | Slashing the Slash.

"The Devil's instant, is our Eternity"

Flick & Swish Golden Award June 2004!

Ardita Mar
No broom

Postby Ardita Mar » Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:32 pm

I hated P.E. class! Sports is not something I'm good at - I just like to watch it on TV. The only thing I was good at in P.E. was weightlifting - I even beat most of the boys in my class at that. Since I'm otherwise Miss Clumsy when it comes to P.E.-things, I was very proud of that achievement smile.gif
ID: ar200 ~ Silver Starfruit

Liarna Quinn
No broom

Postby Liarna Quinn » Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:48 pm

thankfully, i don't do P.E anymore now i'm in college, but i hated it when i was at school!

We had to do Cross County in the first 3 years and that was the worst - i couldn't stand it! I was also not very good at it either which probably contributed to my hatred of it..

It wasn't so bad in the last 2 years as all we did was play Rounders, Netball and do stupid games, which were actually quite fun!

Liarna Charlotte Quinn | li481| Gryffindor 2nd Year | Insama Den | Lady Marauder

"Life is getting harder day by day,
And i don't know what to do or what to say,
And my mind is growing weak every step i take."
~ McFly

Vanyaria Darkshadow
No broom

Postby Vanyaria Darkshadow » Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:07 am

I was so bad in PE class. I didn't mind doing the exercise (sometimes... I like playing games, but not pointless running etc), but I think it's kinda cruel how they mark you on how good you are. They should mark you on how hard you try!! But then I suppose it's like that in all classes isn't it - some people can do it, and some people can't. I'm afraid where PE is concerened I simply make a fool of myself tongue.gif

Sig and Avatar made by Ilo at the ID Card shop

"Dear Diary, Have decided my detentions are far too easy - if you want to teach the degenerates a proper lesson, you have to do a decent job of it. At the very least they should be haunted by recurring nightmares as a direct result of it.."
[color=purple]- Sev's Diary... what's He really thinking?
[/color]

Alexandria Faethorne
No broom

Postby Alexandria Faethorne » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:15 pm

I was really good in Phys. Ed, Our teacher use to make us run 2 miles a day...it was fun, good exercise...and all the different games we would play like : Alaskan Kickball and like the test were kinda cool, gets your heart beating!!!

Elizabeth Kingsley
No broom

Postby Elizabeth Kingsley » Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:57 am

Ahhh... I HATED my gym classes! That's probably why I'm never going to be a professional athlete.

In junior high, we would be herded out once a week into the track and forced to run at least two miles. It was awful. Since that "special" day was picked at random, we always dreaded gym class. I consider that child abuse.

But on a more serious note, gym does keep you in shape and more active. (But it's so annoying!)
Elizabeth Kingsley

"If everybody took an eye for an eye, then we would all be blind."

"A committee - a group of men who keep minutes and waste hours."

Harry Parme
No broom

Postby Harry Parme » Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:24 am

I like PE.... perhaps that's just because the prof let us do whatever we want! And even if we usually play soccer (and I hate it) sometimes I get to play Basketball or volley! smile.gif
I'm a shooting star leaping through the sky like a tiger defying the laws of gravity
Don't Stop Me Now - Queen

Cyd Rush
No broom

Postby Cyd Rush » Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:18 pm

I go to an Arts school so we don't have P.E. Instead we have Fitness and Movement also known as Intro to Dance. It's kind of cool but I'm not much of a dancer.
Siggy by Juniper Raynbrown!! She's the best!
Ron Weasley is MINE!!!
I'm a girl, not a boy. Ignore the misleading name.

Randy Chicago

Postby Randy Chicago » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:47 pm

BBHT

Bad, Boring, Horrifying Terrible.

Return to “Sports Talk”