Phys.ed. Class

Discuss Football, Tennis, Bowling, Rugby, Cricket...

Moderator: Prof. Rorey Padfoot

Andrea Caroline
No broom

Postby Andrea Caroline » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:02 pm

I reallly like PE!!! That is why I am determined to go to school everyday!! tongue.gif
I hate things that need brain to work it out so PE is like a refreshment for me!! I am really good at PE though but I hate fitness test! mad.gif
sig made by me!! :D
Andrea Caroline|an675|Michievous Warrior Monks|an artist in the making

GO GRYFFINDOR!!!!!

Regina Silverthread
No broom

Postby Regina Silverthread » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:58 pm

Physical Education is definately not my favourite class. I love sports, and always get an A+ but being forced to play e.g. basketball (my least favourite one) is just not my type. I also hate when I am picked last. Some people think that just because I don't have a perfect body and that I wear glasses I'm useless and can't do anything right. Still when you watch these jocks, Alpha type-males, cheerleaders, or models (I hope I'm not offending anyone. I have many 'cheerleader' and 'jock' friends but I'm referring to them like that for the sake of seeing how bad stereotypes are), they are not as good as they believe to be. Therefore when they tease me about my good grade being the result of the professor don't wanting me to have a failing grade in a report card of A and A+, I challenge them in a game of tennis (in summer) or badmington (in winter). Guess who wins!!!

Steph Rowe
No broom

Postby Steph Rowe » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:09 am

I think PE is a pretty good idea, because I understand the need to stay active. Although that didn't stop me hating. It's just hard sometimes when there are so many levels of athletes in one class and you find it hard to fit in. But I guess that is the same in all other classes.

I've got to say that since I stopped taking PE I have really missed the regular exercise, and now I have to make a point of playing a sport once a week or taking walks instead.

Lavendie Bregell
No broom

Postby Lavendie Bregell » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:36 pm

I like PE,but sometimes we have to play basketball or football and I really hate that-I'm entirely hopeless at football and basketball's just not my thing. Unfortunately we never play tennis at PE, I'd love that. We have no fitness tests(whatever they are...), I'm from Estonia.
PE is my favourite subject, I love it!

Lavie

Signature from the wonderful ID card shop!

Madison Aries
No broom
Location: *wearing blue and bronze, holding ravenclaw flag* hmm, let's see...

Postby Madison Aries » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:35 pm

I hate gym!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have asthma, so i nearly fainted today when we had to run a half-mile.

We have a quarter mile track for gym, track and field, and inside the giant oval is the football field.

Only when we do yoga is when I enjoy gym. Umm, ummm.

I understand that we have to be physically fit, but I have 4 days a week of exercise for two hours a day after school, and a do a little jog every morning!

And now we have to run a mile in under 6 minutes!!

please wish for my health and hope that I dont pass out!!!!!!!!!!!
Madison Aries | First year | Ravenclaw | ma634

"'Cause a Mississippi girl don't change her ways, just cause everybody knows her name. Ain't big-headed from a little bit of fame..."- "mississippi girl", Faith Hill

E-A-G-L-E-S: GO RAVENCLAW EAGLES!

Brian Malfoy

Postby Brian Malfoy » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:16 pm

i love pe. dry.gif sad.gif smile.gif

Bev Grey
No broom

Postby Bev Grey » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:31 am

P.E. class is very good. It give exercise and gets rid of some energy

"I'd Rather Be Hated For Who I Am Then Loved For Who I Am Not"

Marguerite Davenport
No broom

Postby Marguerite Davenport » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:39 am

I hated gym in school. I had it first thing in the morning at 7:30. Ewww who wants to get that sweaty first thing in the morning. In collage Gym was much cooler.
Proud Member of the Sneer Squad & President of the Order of the Blanket
Proud D. A. MEMBER
Fifth-Year Slytherin Pure Blood

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.

Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Postby Prof. Zoki Phantom » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:22 pm

PE is a good class, as long as your Prof. is not a Death Eater. :unsure:

I like it because you get some exercises and forget about all the other subjects for a bit, you forget all your worries. Buuuuut, the Prof. (well my Prof. at least) exaggerates a bit (well okay, not a bit, but a lot more) and makes it that bad, that after you had PE, you won't be able to get up from the bed the next day. -.-'

PE is good... really. >_>'

Last edited by Prof. Zoki Phantom on Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spencer Ferguson
No broom

Postby Spencer Ferguson » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:46 am

I'm sorry, but P.E. put me in my misery. I never like that class. Never will want to take another class like physical education again. It was just feeling like they were treating us like robots and science experiments. I am now my second year in college, but I took the class WAAAYYYY back in the ninth grade and then in middle school. I ended up liking it in middle school rather than high school. Thus the hatred or dislike towards the class, I still passed the class. Through thick and span, hot or cold, it was a class I had to suck up and spend the hour like a fool.

Eno Thomas
Silver Arrow

Postby Eno Thomas » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:20 pm

P.E class is my favorite :) I really love that class because apart I am a sport maniac, it also help me to relax my brain from all the school staff and think only about having fun. I am able to do all the exercises so it doesn't matter from the heaviness of the exercise..

P.E class also helps you to maintain a good shape of your body and a good health too. Muscles = Girls, so yay for P.E class \o/ :D

Bere Lee
No broom

Postby Bere Lee » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:24 pm

lol, eno :P

I dont really like P.E. when I was in school, I just enjoy something else more easily like dancing :)
Gryffindor
"Brave at heart, daring, nerve and chivalry"

Prof. Arielle Lemoyne
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Arielle Lemoyne » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:48 pm

I loved it in Elementary, hated it in Middle school, and didn't have to do it in high school.
I think it's important for kids in getting them active and exposing them to different sports, but once they're in high school, if they're not active, p.e. isn't going to make them active. During the class, most people don't try that hard anyways, and aren't getting excercize then, so I think it's a waste of time. But it was my favorite class in elementary school because we did fun games, and everyone could do them even if they weren't athletic.

Amanda Patel
No broom

Postby Amanda Patel » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:48 pm

At my high school, you only took PE for the first two years, unless you were in marching band, and then you didn't have to take it (the only downside to marching band was that, I believe, it took place during 0 period, which is the earliest class available and starts at 7 AM, if I remember correctly).

For the most part, I liked it, because it gave me a chance to hang out with some friends. There were some days when the teacher would let us go off and do our own stuff, so some days we'd just sit around and talk. I think there were also some days when we didn't have to switch to our gym clothes, which were always good days and gave us the chance to finish some homework. Overall, I think gym class was very laid back. As long as you tried your best, you'd get an A. It was an easy A class.

The only thing I didn't like where the runs. For the semester finals, we would have to run a mile. Although sophomores got out of running the mile (it was sweet watching all the freshmen do it though :D you finally felt like you were a sophomore and not a freshman). So yeah, I liked the class. (Except when it got really hot and you didn't feel like doing anything at all, though the teacher made you. And sometimes there would be days when the teacher would let us to water aerobics or step aerobics. I liked the step aerobics(?); those were fun. There'd be music and we'd just to those step aerobic steps on those little stepping stairs.)

The only sport I liked doing in PE was volleyball. I was in a volleyball team in 5th grade but never properly learned how to hit it and it was either in middle school PE or high school PE that I figured out how to hit the ball the right way to get it over the net, so some times when I was on a team and hit the ball over the net, I would score for our team and I felt proud, I guess, that I was helping our team win. Of course, I never joined a real team in high school. I was content enough with playing it in PE.

Middle school PE was also fun in that I got to hang out with some friends. Sometimes the teacher would give us otter pops just because :D so that was always fun.
Last edited by Amanda Patel on Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Otis B. Driftwood: It's all right, that's in every contract. That's what they call a sanity clause.
Fiorello: You can't fool me! There ain't no Sanity Claus!
-A Night at the Opera

Violet Rubert
No broom

Postby Violet Rubert » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:22 pm

I've hated PE in elementary and middle school. High school was slightly more positive. All we did was run, I love running, and play dodge ball. I hate dodge ball.... I was pounded in the face by dodge ball by a senior or junior twice my size. It hurt so much. That guy didn't even apologize.

I like PE as long as it only requires running. Anything else and I will hide under the bleachers.

Silde Owen
No broom

Postby Silde Owen » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:18 pm

I always liked PE... I was never exactly fantastic at it but I liked it anyway. My favourite was Hockey but it seemed to get cancelled a lot for bad weather. I loved lacrosse but I only got to play it for one term in year 10. I liked gym too, and tennis in the summer.

My least favourite was netball, I just thought it was a boring sport compared to something like hockey. If I was goal attack it was okay but every other position was rubbish. Also athletics could be pretty dull because a lot of the time we had to do things in turns (I'm thinking of long jump and discus and stuff as opposed to just running) so there was a lot of waiting around.

In Britain there's no passing or failing PE like there is in America. Well unless you choose to take an exam in it, in which case you have to do theory etc as well. But for most people you just do your best and in the end it's of no real consequence, except you learn some skills and it helps you stay fit.

Alex Evanger
No broom

Postby Alex Evanger » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:25 am

Eh, I used to like P.E. but then my teachers started doing this weird thing called "Project Adventures" that's supposed to teach all these values... I don't like it much as we're doing much more talking and weird activities where we don't do anything...

Kaitlyn Fox
No broom

Postby Kaitlyn Fox » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:55 am

I only like it when we play floor hockey. (not when I'm goalie. :( )
Thanks to Jenna for the lovely signature.

Sydney Alexandra
No broom

Postby Sydney Alexandra » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:33 pm

urgh, gym. I don't hate is because the ganes are a lot of fun, but its definately not my favourite subject. I am ballophobic (yes this means I am afraid of balls - they always seem to gravitate towards my head. And yes, I made the term) so gym is not my most aniticapted period of the day.
|Keeper of the Mighy Gryffindor Claw of Chaos|
|Baby GQTer|Laurie's Partner in Crime|Gallant Griffin|

Allison Jameson
No broom

Postby Allison Jameson » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:49 pm

I'd just like to take this opportunity to brag about how good my gym classes are. >_> My high school is a split campus, so the gym classes at the upperclassmen classes are way better than the ones at the underclassmen one. We actually get to choose our gym class from a list of them. For the Gym-Class-Heroes of the world there's Team Activities which does football, soccer and dodgeball. Then there's Off-Campus which includes archery, bowling, golf, skiing & roller skating. There's Nets and Rackets that does tennis, volleyball and badminton and there's Strength Training where you lift weights everyday. The one I'm in currently is called Adventure Ed. and we do team bulding activities along with rock climbing and...something else I forget. :D And the newest one is called Health and Wellness where you learn about your diet and do yoga. But yeah, I haven't sweat in gym class in about 2 years. XD
This post is the courtesy of [color=#00BFFF]ickle-firstie Aly J, tenderly wrapped up with love. <3
[/color]

Return to “Sports Talk”