Phys.ed. Class

Discuss Football, Tennis, Bowling, Rugby, Cricket...

Moderator: Maxwell Shadow

Salana Mondego
No broom

Postby Salana Mondego » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:00 pm

i hated phys ed when i was in high school. i remember we always had to do dorky stuff like square dancing and circus preforming. i swear we had the only school around who had circus preforming on our phys ed schedules. juggeling, tight rope walking, the whole bit. tongue.gif the only part of phys ed i liked was archery. archery rocks!
Last edited by Salana Mondego on Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
^ sig by me ^

Jamie Dolohov
No broom

Postby Jamie Dolohov » Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:24 am

Hiya

I really am not a fan of gym class. I mean I like sports and all its just that having gym in the middle of the day is discusting. They don't give you enough time to shower so then your sweaty the rest of the day. Thats why I got out as soon as I could!
Jamie Dolohov/ ja522/ Slytherin

"It is too late in the day for men of sincerity to pretend they believe in the Platonic mysticisms that three are one, and one is three; and yet that the one is not three, and the three are not one." -Thomas Jefferson

made by Tambaqui at the Sig n Av Palace

Kashana Nightdweller
No broom

Postby Kashana Nightdweller » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:34 am

Ahh.. yeah, having gym in the middle of the day wouldn't be so cool. I'm lucky and have it 7th period, so I kind of enjoy it. I walk home afterwards so it's kind of refreshing to be all sweaty and stuff and exercisedness, then to walk outside where it's kind of cool... yeah. =) Maybe I'm just weird.. but yeah. O.o
Thanks to Morgy Black for my siggy! *huggles*

Ethan Malfoy
No broom

Postby Ethan Malfoy » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:39 pm

I always had Gym 1st Period in High School.

Which was awsome! Since I am athletic I am good in sports and I do pretty much beat everyone else in Gym games.
But personnaly, I may by good at it, but I don't like it that much, my favourite subjects in High School were Math, English, and Science. Probably the hardest, and also my strongest which came to my advantage most of the time biggrin.gif.

- Ethan smile.gif
In Loving Memory of Ethan DeLaurentiis 1986-2003. A good friend, a humble man, and a sad day of death.

You will always be remembered, for you, I honor your name.

Nasrin Almeida
No broom

Postby Nasrin Almeida » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:16 pm

I love sports (or I.P. as it's known here). It's not exactly because I'm brilliant and I'm always beating everyone else, more that it's a break from normal schoolwork, and you can have a laugh and jump around with your friends. We usually do good things like football and netball, but even dance and gymnastics are fun. I understand how people might though if they are not very good at sport, it depends on how sympathetic your teacher is in a way, some are so sarcastic even if they know you can't do it dry.gif
Be alert - the world needs more lerts.

'Aaaahhhh!! You broke my fortune cookie!'

Elleze Drayer
No broom

Postby Elleze Drayer » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:30 pm

I liked PE when I was younger. Now it's really just a bother. I'm in shape and healthy, so why should I have to take it? At my school nutrition and exercise planning is taught in health, and I just finished that class. This is my senior year and we only have to take 1 credit of health, and I have it 2nd semester 2nd hour. Our teacher is okay (it's the same as the health teacher) but I've heard stories like you'll get a bad grade if you're bad at basketball(which I think is so unfair, you should get a good grade if you try). If schools require PE, they should have class options, like martial arts classes or yoga, something like that.
"The only woman awake is the woman who has heard the flute." -- Rumi

Samuel Craft
No broom

Postby Samuel Craft » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:39 pm

Well in High School you HAVE to take it because its one of the requirements to take it. The only thing I hate about gym is tests. Why do we have to take tests in gym. In gym your supposed to learn how to play the game or sport not be tested on it. Thats just one of my reasons on why I hate gym, other then that its cool.
Signature & Avatar by the Sig N Av Palace
Samuel Craft // Hufflepuff // Sixth Year // Student Teacher - [color=#000000]Factions of Superheroes[/color]

Elle Saint
No broom

Postby Elle Saint » Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:17 am

Simi Ahtchi Ali wrote:Well in High School you HAVE to take it because its one of the requirements to take it. The only thing I hate about gym is tests. Why do we have to take tests in gym. In gym your supposed to learn how to play the game or sport not be tested on it. Thats just one of my reasons on why I hate gym, other then that its cool.

I agree with Simi. Why should ickie tests be part of a "fun" course... huh.gif I mean, sure, tests help you review what you've learned in a class, but seriously, what is there to test in P.E.?
Elle Saint/ el554/ Ravenclaw First Year
LAUGH! It makes you and the people around you happier. *G*

Azana Moon
No broom

Postby Azana Moon » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:58 pm

I agree with Simi. Why should ickie tests be part of a "fun" course...  I mean, sure, tests help you review what you've learned in a class, but seriously, what is there to test in P.E.?[/quote]

Yup, tests are definetly horrible. In any case we don't really learn anything in P.E. , we just generally play a bunch of different sports, and 'exercise' (In other words, the teacher torchures us with push-uo, sit-ups, jumping jacks, and a lap around the school).

I'm averaging an A- in P.E. , which isn't so bad, I suppose...

Dani Cohen
No broom

Postby Dani Cohen » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:10 pm

hate pe tongue.gif

David Ravenfeather
No broom

Postby David Ravenfeather » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:32 pm

I always loved my Physical Education classes. But I never wasn't so good at sports. smile.gif

Samantha Wanzo
No broom

Postby Samantha Wanzo » Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:01 am

laugh.gif I like PE when there's JROTC involved. That's how I get MY PE credits. It's really awesome for me because I really don't have to excersize, just sit and work on Staff (I'm an S1). Sergeant Wanzo haha. Yes.. The only excersize we do is on Tuesdays and that's Game day. The rest of the days is like just marching. I get to march the platoon sometimes or Staff. lol "Left Flank, March!"

*cough*

Sorries.. I'm just really involved in JROTC is all.
|Samantha Wanzo|Image|3rd Year|Sa311|

Dillon Byrne
No broom

Postby Dillon Byrne » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:16 pm

I LOVE P.E. and i'm pretty good at it.
Hufflepuff (Second Year, di550, USA, Half-Blood)
Wand: 12 inches, Maple, Pheonix Tail Feather
Pet: Snow Owl named Belmont

Leyla Night
No broom

Postby Leyla Night » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:09 pm

If you read some of my other posts around here, you might have guessed already that P.E. was never one of my strongpoints. I'm a huge sports fan, but only for watching it, since I can't do most sports-related activities properly myself tongue.gif

I didn't actually hate P.E., though (not like I hated maths and physics at least). I just was not good at it.

Samuel Craft
No broom

Postby Samuel Craft » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:46 pm

Well tommorow aI start gym because in my school the first semester is for Health and the 2nd is for Gym. Everyone says its really fun, I didnt like it at my middle school so I hope its better in my high school!
Signature & Avatar by the Sig N Av Palace
Samuel Craft // Hufflepuff // Sixth Year // Student Teacher - [color=#000000]Factions of Superheroes[/color]

Carlos Lerma
No broom

Postby Carlos Lerma » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:58 pm

I think depending of the work out that we are given because sometime there is only theory
Made by Morgy at the Hogsmeade's ID Card Shop

Phoenicia Mellyn
No broom

Postby Phoenicia Mellyn » Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:00 am

Actually it depends on what we are doing for classes.Overall,I love the class.My friends say I'm quite good at it,but there are some areas I want to improve on. tongue.gif

^Signature and avatar by me^
Phoenicia Mellyn | First Year | Gryffindor | 2005

Arwen Tonks
No broom

Postby Arwen Tonks » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:49 pm

I love PE, it's my favourite subject! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
You were asking why we should take tests and stuff and it's so that PE is on a par with other subjects. You have to take tests in other subjects so why not in PE? Also, you can get into Uni's now with PE GCSE's and A-levels easier than before because of the tests, before they just thought it was a doss and now they take it more seriously. I do it for GCSE and the theory work is pretty hard, probably because it's mostly common sense which is beyond me... tongue.gif
Anyway, I love it!
Byebye,
Arwen x
If I'm good, I'll go to Hogwarts when I die.
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost." - Aragorn's poem.
"Maybe I'm a Lion..." - Squall

Elleze Drayer
No broom

Postby Elleze Drayer » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:50 pm

We also take tests in PE, just tests over the rules of whatever sport we studied. It's kinda pointless though, because you never get a worksheet/study guide about the rules until the day before the test, our teacher just thinks we're going to learn the rules from playing the game (even when we're never really told all the rules and don't follow them half the time). So everyone just crams the rules for the test, and then forgets them as soon as its over.
"The only woman awake is the woman who has heard the flute." -- Rumi

Meg Chesterbrook
No broom

Postby Meg Chesterbrook » Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:28 pm

gym class is fun because the girls don't have to play with guys so they don't have to feel so nervous. we do lots of fun stuff but we have to run a mile and a half everday:( i hate fitness tests, tho there're easy because all of us are so fit. private schools and public schools have different PE programs i've noticed.
"Respect your superiors, if you have any"

"There is no sadder thing than a young pessimist, except an old optimist"

"Honor is a harder master than the law"

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest"

~Mark Twain~

Return to “Sports Talk”