Phys.ed. Class

Discuss Football, Tennis, Bowling, Rugby, Cricket...

Moderator: Maxwell Shadow

Serena Riddle
No broom

Postby Serena Riddle » Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:30 pm

Are (were) you good in your Physical Education classes? (Just wondering) Are there any professional athletes here?

"You hear that, Mr. Anderson? It's sound of inevitability. It's the sound of your death.." - Agent Smith

Ryan Drake
No broom

Postby Ryan Drake » Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:12 pm

Grrr... I hated gym. Thankfully I went to a performing arts highschool as a dance major and the extra dance credits were transfered over into the gym/phys-ed required credits so that we didnt have to take it. But it used to get on my nerves because Im not in any way good at sports. So I used to have to struggle through and embarrass myself to keep my grade at barely passing. Thank god for the gymnastic, track and volleyball sections... otherwise Id probably still be in middle school because I wouldnt have been able to pass gym.
Ryan Drake
Proud to be a First Year Ravenclaw.

Sarah Ravencloth
No broom

Postby Sarah Ravencloth » Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:05 am

Oh I hate P.E classes! dry.gif I really don't like sports so I'm not good in practical tests.I hate everything in PE classes except the Physical Fitness test. wink.gif
This siggy is made by me! hehe...

Ella Dowling
Oakshaft 79

Postby Ella Dowling » Sat Jul 05, 2003 3:16 pm

Fine with me, I always get an A+ in it, so it's fine with me. No professional, though. I liked the running part...0.o funfunfun!

Always,

*~Mac~*
::el378::

Taia is my angel.

Claidissa Dragonheart

Postby Claidissa Dragonheart » Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:06 pm

Nah, I don't really like gym all that much. I'm way to clumsy to play sports *misses soccer ball* Oh darn, let me try again! *kicks soccer ball in wrong direction* oops.... HEADS UP!

Colin Ross
No broom

Postby Colin Ross » Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:59 pm

I was always good in phys-ed class, although it was never my favorite... But i soppose its good for the kids who are out of shape, and dont get out much... smile.gif
Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sence of compassion.

Nikki Walker
No broom

Postby Nikki Walker » Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:00 pm

I rather liked Phys. Ed. blink.gif

I think it's because we had a really nice teacher and we always played fun sports like indoor floor hockey, volleyball (yay!), baskeball, track (I love running), and kickball.
nikki walker

poet of the month in poetry for beginners!

year three || ni408 || slytherin ||589 pts || the gamer slyth || promising student

schi violet

Postby schi violet » Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:21 pm

bleck any physical exertion makes me nauseous. although i got out of taking p.e. by being in marching band, not a fair switch-off at all! *^_^*

Wednesday Lenore
No broom

Postby Wednesday Lenore » Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:29 pm

Serena Riddle wrote:Are (were) you good in your Physical Education classes?

Only square dancing. rolleyes.gif
||»Hufflepuff«||

A friend should always underestimate your virtues and an enemy overestimate your faults.
--- Mario Puzo, The Godfather

Godric de Mimsy Porpignions
No broom

Postby Godric de Mimsy Porpignions » Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:38 pm

I dont fancy it, though sometime i like it. depends. running around the gym is'nt my cup of tea. it's not fun like badminton.

Prof. Jenny Lupin
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Jenny Lupin » Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:40 pm

I am pretty good in gym class, maybe because i've played all the sports we learned about (except for badmiton... that was interesting! tongue.gif ) Anyways, it always helps when you have a good class and a good teacher too! Makes it much more fun! biggrin.gif

-Jenny
|Jenny Lupin|je360|Gryffindor|dHoH|Gryff Quidditch Captain|Gryff Seeker|
|Paw Print Editor|Lion's Pride Awards Committee Head|HOL Quidditch Class Assistant|
|Captain J.L. Winneboygan|Rabid KAT-TUN Fangirl|AKAME Fanatic|<3 Akanishi Jin <3|

Merlinda Gandore
No broom

Postby Merlinda Gandore » Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:00 pm

Blech, I've always been positively horrible at physical education classes. I was the kid who, after running the mile, would nearly pass out, even though she only ran part of it and was one of the last people done. Yup.

I have always been HORRIBLY HORRIBLY unathletic, could never do much of anything in the way of sports - the closest I ever came was ballet.

Thankfully, in high school I got to take marching band instead, like violet. And now I'm done with all my PE credits, so no more worries :D
Merlinda Gandore |me138|Gryffindor
-E.

Angelyn Brielle
No broom

Postby Angelyn Brielle » Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:27 pm

i hated gym class. i loved playing sports but i didn't like running. i wouldn't mind it so much but i wish i could read or do other things at the same time. i dont like wasting time and for me, doing only one thing at once is definitely a waste of time. (does anyone else think im strange for thinking this?)
.:[[Image]]:.

Edgar Evert
No broom

Postby Edgar Evert » Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:33 am

Gym's not the best class in the world. The activities depend on the teachers really. I'm not big on P.E, but it's not horrible. I guess we can do really fun things and really (seemingly) bad things.
HI

Nicola Starweller
No broom

Postby Nicola Starweller » Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:28 am

Ugh, I was always awful in gym. It's not that I don't like sports, I just don't like being forced to do sports. Also, I hated the whole popularity contest in picking teams. Being picked last is humiliating, but if you're not buddies with the jocks it's inevitable. And a lot of the jocks were really arrogant and rude during gym class. Ick.

Anyway, I'm in art school now, and we don't have any sports teams or gym classes. Everyone here's pretty slim though, probably from walking around the city and not eating much, or being vegetarian/vegan.
Wand: Boxwood, 12 3/4 inches, Fairy Dust
Pet: A grey tabby cat named Jane

Evee Flamephoenix
No broom

Postby Evee Flamephoenix » Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:07 pm

I hate Phys-ed !!! I don't know why but I just hate it!In my school it's sooo boring! wink.gif
"I think there are 2 ways you can see the world. You either see the sadness that's behind everything or you choose to keep it all out. "

Raquel Aurboda
No broom

Postby Raquel Aurboda » Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:13 am

AAAA!! PE! Run away! lol. Sorry. I don't really like PE! It's too much running. I'm a good runner, but I don't do it very often so I get short of breath...my mile is 8:30, which I think is ok. My best friend can run a mile in 5:15! Agg!

I'm taking weight-training this year, so I'm working with weights. It's cool.

PE was fun last year because I had my best friend and a lot of other friends with me, and something funny ALWAYS happened in that class. We used to crack up every day.... It was great. And we were all pretty spaz at sports, so that was funny, too!
Last edited by Raquel Aurboda on Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raquel Aurboda / Gryffindor / pet tiger, Grindur / Wand: 11 1/2 inches, Bacota, Fang of a tiger

The flying hamster of doom will rain coconuts upon your pitiful city! *Muhaha!*

Faye Laramie
Moontrimmer

Postby Faye Laramie » Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:23 am

P.E. = time of the day where i kill myself, then quickly resurrect.

well, considering P.E. is at 7:19 AM it kind of sucks to be awake... and last year i kept on getting these little injuries that build up and end up hurting a LOT. like, for instance, football and volleyball are dangerous sports. in those two sports alone i banged my hipbone against the floor, got run over by my own teammates, sprained two fingers, got whacked a few times on the face, collected multiple bruises and almost couldn't walk for a week.

or maybe i'm an overacheiver.

other than that, it's great smile.gif something i do to exercise and blow off steam. and i'm one of the people who actually *try* in P.E... which actually says a lot. i have either football or AWT this semester... should be fun.
Glumbumble pie.

Anthony Van Seschek
No broom

Postby Anthony Van Seschek » Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:07 am

im a fan of PE actually. tho i dislike the runnings... i tend to enjoy free days! since i actually suck at sports, i dont join the school's teams. so then i just play in PE. we only had PE for 2 yrs in high school. and now im not as fit as i want to be. cool.gif beside, in PE i can just totally goof around and still get an easy A.

Twilight Black
No broom

Postby Twilight Black » Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:51 am

PE at our school is really rigiorous - they assess you for everything. And for people as athletically incompetent as me that's quite a harrowing experience to be forced to go through more than countless times a year smile.gif It's not that I don't like sport or anything. It's just that I'm naturally unfit - don't get me to do anything long-distance. And because I'm so visibly challenged in this horrid way where I can't improve, I detest PE because at every lesson I make a mortal fool out of myself biggrin.gif
Wand: Magnolia, 13 3/4 inches, Whisker of tiger

An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind.

Return to “Sports Talk”