Who's Your Favorite Sportsman Or Woman?

Discuss Football, Tennis, Bowling, Rugby, Cricket...

Moderator: Maxwell Shadow

Nicole Ashley
No broom

Postby Nicole Ashley » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:26 pm

Liverpool's midfielder Steven Gerrard has to be my favourite soccer player. Heavily influenced by my dad, I supported Liverpool since the day I watched my first soccer match. He kept going on and telling me about the players and subsequent matches, Stevie's aggressive tectics and strategies caught my attention. He in one of the most inspirational captain for the Liverpool team and will lead them the best he can.

For my favourite tennis player, Andy Roddick! I only started to be interested in tennis recently and followed his matches really closely. His Lacoste outfit, his babolat racquet, his 'No Compromise' wristband and his massive serves always adds up to an exciting game.

Other sports I enjoy watching is Gymnastics and figure skating. Carly Patterson is my favourite gymnast. With her amazing talent for gymnastics and bright smile, how can she not be America's sweetheart? I support Michelle Kwan when it comes to figure skating. What can I say? She's just plain fantastic.

Lourdes Rowan
No broom

Postby Lourdes Rowan » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:57 pm

Lance Armstrong is definitely among my favorites. He so incredibly strong. I'm not a fan of bicycling, but he's just such an amazing person.

In tennis (my favorite sport), I really like Roger Federer, as well as newcomer Rafael Nadal. I also like Marat Safin, but I just think he's incredibly good-looking. smile.gif As for old-timers? Pete Sampras, of course. And Bjorn Borg.
"You criticize and detest in others the faults you see in yourself or that you fear others see in you."
-Zachary Podolsky, Harvard Crimson columnist

Lavendie Bregell
No broom

Postby Lavendie Bregell » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:37 pm

My favourites are estonian Sportsman Kristjan Rahnu and tennis-player Kaia Kanepi, also Paula Radcliffe.I have many favourites.

Signature from the wonderful ID card shop!

Isabella Astiar
No broom

Postby Isabella Astiar » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:30 am

I don't really like playing basketball, but I'm going to go with my hometown loyalty and go for Shaquille O'Neal.

Well, he's in Florida now, but he'll always be a Laker to me. tongue.gif
Isabella Astiar

Andrew Mooney

Postby Andrew Mooney » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:26 pm

Shay Given is mine, he is the Ireland Goalkeeper And The Newcastle Keeper. biggrin.gif blink.gif ph34r.gif
Last edited by Andrew Mooney on Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Padmé Undómiel
Oakshaft 79
Location: Ravenclaw! "Eagle pride is hard to hide" Very true:)

Postby Padmé Undómiel » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:54 pm

My number one has to be Ivan Basso, cycling.

He is just the sweetest thing, a great athlete (the favourite to win next years Tour de France, now Armstrong is gone).
When he signed with Danish Team CSC, he didn't know any English, but kept trying, (no-one can say "I feel good" just like he does wink.gif )
When he had the chance to earn even more money at a huge team, like Discovery, he chose to stay because he felt at home at CSC. (I'm a Dane and that really ment a lot to us)
He kept fighting all last year even though his mom was dying of cancer.
Also just his happy smile when someone greets him or congratulates him.

When he rode the Tour of Denmark this year, and knocked out all competition, he was just happy that people liked him and came to see him, even though teh weather was awful all week. He couldn't really understand that he was more popular here, than he had been in Italy, when he was wearing the leader's jersey in Giro d'Italia. (A mojority of the press actually crowned him as the new "king of Denmark")

*Apologizes to all Italians but we just don't feel like giving him back tongue.gif . We've practically adopted him, so to us he's Danish now biggrin.gif *

I also have to agree with whoever picked Lleyton Hewitt. You have to admire his heart. He never gives up, no matter what.

*Hides as she sees a group of Italians coming towards her*

Thanks to the amazing Alisha at the Sig 'N Av Palace!

Wand: 8 1/2 inches, holly tree, leprechaun hair core

Charlotte Ashville
No broom

Postby Charlotte Ashville » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:20 am

mine has to be DAVID BECKHAm... hahaha... i just love football... the one thing why i love soccer is because of him..

thanks to Edison..

wand:7 3/4 inches from a sycamore tree, with a kraken beak core

Allison Prencer
No broom

Postby Allison Prencer » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:14 pm

Misty May is my favorite athlete. She is an amazing volleyball player and i hope i get as good as her someday tongue.gif
Alli||Secondie||missed HOL like WHOAAAA
President of the Manda, Lyza, Gwyd, and Lili fanclubs||Obviously teh coolest randomllamahollisterloving Alli
Insane!Alli!
Thanks for teh sig and av Jacenta!

Iman Usman
No broom

Postby Iman Usman » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:27 am

I like Taufik Hidayat. He plays badminton for Indonesia Team. He is a best athlete in Indonesia now. He is a world winner for badminton in 2005. And he fulls of controversial. Like Beckham... He he

But... for Football. I Like Del Piero (Juventus-Italy) and David Beckham too !!

Aiko Ghwitches
No broom

Postby Aiko Ghwitches » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:21 am

i like susi susanti for badminton player. she plays for indonesian teams.
she is the only one from indonesia win the olympiade for badminton.

Ubu Hayakawa
No broom

Postby Ubu Hayakawa » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:28 am

American skater Michelle Kwan is the most decorated skater in US history. She has 5 world titles, 2 olympic medals, and 10 US national championship titles.

Trip Poshre
No broom

Postby Trip Poshre » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:44 pm

Albert Pujols on the St. Louis Cardinals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif
Trip Poshre

STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT ROCKS!!!!

Malacai Micheals
No broom

Postby Malacai Micheals » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:50 pm

Ok this is a no brainer topic for me. I would have to say that my fav sport is the NFL and my favorite team/ player would be the Greenbay Packers/Brett Favre. i am from wisconsin afterall.
Malacai Micheals
First Year Gryffindor

Thalia Krum
No broom

Postby Thalia Krum » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:26 am

I really like Rafael van der Vaart (soccer), K.J. Huntelaar (soccer), Johannes Bitter (handball) and Mats Trygg (ice hockey)
The only competition worthy of a wise man is with himself.
Washington Allston

Olive Snitzberry
No broom

Postby Olive Snitzberry » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:56 am

Well, I don't know that many sports people seeing as I'm not that sporty but someone probably a lot of people here will never have heard of is Liz Ellis, the captain of the Australian Netball Team. She's so cool!

Nocturna Grenemearh
No broom

Postby Nocturna Grenemearh » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:56 pm

Steve Yzerman, hands down. Greatest player and captain ever, and a part of the greatest NHL franchise ever. I miss Stevie.
11" Willow and Oak with Granian Hair and Hippocampus Hair core

Cipriana Malaroch
No broom

Postby Cipriana Malaroch » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:30 pm

Rafael Nadal - Tennis
Armin Zoeggler - Luge (does he still do it?)
Padraig Harrington - Golf
Raúl González - Soccer
Dodgers - Baseball (I can't choose a player)
49ers - Football (again, can't chose a specific player

That is it.

stephen gondo
No broom

Postby stephen gondo » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:19 am

The best of all is Valentino Rossi (Moto GP).

Marc McMalun
No broom

Postby Marc McMalun » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:07 am

Well, my favoite snowboarder is Shaun White aka The Flying Tomato, but he is not my favorite skateboarder.
Those rights were reseved to Tosh Townend who skates for Element skateboards, bu tI'm seriously debating after watching Jake Brown who skates for the company Blind take a forty plus foot fall ohmy.gif on the megaramp in the X-games, and despite being knocked out cold for upwards of ten minutes, he walked away on his own power. ohmy.gif He has no broken bones, but he did bruise one of his lungs and his liver, and so I think he deserves that spot at least for now. AS for other sports, I honestly can't say who my favorite is, Danaka Patrick in Indy car racing is awesome, but I'm more into the American NASCAR.

Daphne M. Marin
No broom

Postby Daphne M. Marin » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:42 pm

Let's see, we will go sport by sport for my favs.

Basketball: Dirk Nowintzi
Football (American): Peyton Manning
Soccer: David Beckham
Baseball: A-rod, Alex Rodriguez
Skateboarding: Tony Hawk
BMX: Dave Mirra
Nascar: Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Daphne M. Marin||Slytherin Head Prefect||Fourth Year||Student Teacher

Return to “Sports Talk”