What's Your Favorite Sport?

Discuss Football, Tennis, Bowling, Rugby, Cricket...

Moderator: Maxwell Shadow

Kiik Potter
No broom

Postby Kiik Potter » Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:18 am

Sorry if I left anything realy important out....it's late and I haven't had sleep for the past like 36 hours biggrin.gif Okie...well I was just curious soo...yeah.

I'd have to say basketball myself....it's the only one I'm kinda good at, not to mention I grew up watching it.

Alrighty then, later
-Kiik
-Kiik, aka Queen of the Turkle Muffins!

Did you know that Santa got caught in my chimney and I can't get him unstucked! I tried everything....Santa B Gone spray, poking him with a stick, I even stopped giving him food hoping he'd loose some weight, but to no avail. At least the raindeer are gone. A snowman named Earnest took them to the South Pole! Hey wait, I know...I'll start a fire...that should get his jelly belly out of there real quick...muahaha

Ron Diggory
No broom

Postby Ron Diggory » Fri Jul 19, 2002 6:32 am

Basketball's my favorite sport, too!
Ron Diggory|Hufflepuff|ro044

Ardita Mar
No broom

Postby Ardita Mar » Fri Jul 19, 2002 9:51 am

Definately football (aka soccer!) - it is a great sport smile.gif I also like Track & Field...and Ice Skating, but football is the best sport!
ID: ar200 ~ Silver Starfruit

Doris Lindley

Postby Doris Lindley » Fri Jul 19, 2002 1:22 pm

i don't really have a favorite sport, but i enjoy ski cross-country and just some jogging and doing some fitness.

Sherry Black
Oakshaft 79

Postby Sherry Black » Fri Jul 19, 2002 1:43 pm

You mean there are other sports? Hockey isn't the only one? Psh, I'm not sure I believe that.

smile.gif GO RED WINGS!! GO LEAFS!!

SB
Sherry Black, Gryffindor House, Prefect 2002-03
HOL Head Girl 2002-03

Amonara Escalore
No broom

Postby Amonara Escalore » Fri Jul 19, 2002 5:48 pm

I know I really wanted to choose two. I love soccer and tennis. But since tennis season is coming up. I chose it...
~Normal is a setting on a washing machine~

All you have to do is love me...

Kat Shields
No broom

Postby Kat Shields » Sat Jul 20, 2002 12:10 am

My favourite sport is soccer. I would play it but it's not offered here or anywhere near where i live for that fact....Oh, boo
<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>*Kat Shields* Slytherin*ka132*Trout Slyth*Exitus Acta Probat*I'm HOL Positive*Owner of Alli the Kitty*<33 Taia*</span>

Kadiah Bryll
No broom

Postby Kadiah Bryll » Sat Jul 20, 2002 12:43 am

I love to watch soccer and hockey, but my favorite to play (although I don't play it very well) is volleyball, so it got my vote.

Kadiah Bryll | ka309 | Reserve Prefect | HBC Moderator | AS Staff

Tim Windspear

Postby Tim Windspear » Sat Jul 20, 2002 11:23 am

Hey!

How could you leave out Cricket ?? ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

happy.gif Oh well..i put my vote in other...but i luff soccer (football) too

Nagini Black
No broom

Postby Nagini Black » Sat Jul 20, 2002 12:57 pm

SOCCER IS THE BEST!!! i love it, it's amazing. it's so fun to watch, and to play but like Kat it's not offered anywhere around where i live. i got a ball though and once in a while i can get someone to play with me.

~Nagini~

October Jackson
No broom

Postby October Jackson » Sun Jul 21, 2002 12:41 am

Tim Windspear wrote:Hey!

How could you leave out Cricket ?? ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

happy.gif Oh well..i put my vote in other...but i luff soccer (football) too

that's pretty much exactly what I was going to say...!

cricket is the greatest game in the world - but football (OK, "soccer") runs it a close second.

- Toby
smile.gif
"His name was... was..." Hagrid swallowed.
"Can't you write it down?" Harry suggested.
"Nah, can't spell it. All right -- Voldemort." He shuddered. "Don't make me say it again -- it's trademarked. Do you want me to get sued?"
(Bandersnatch, TLC comments)

Alcyone Bay
No broom

Postby Alcyone Bay » Mon Jul 22, 2002 2:26 am

I voted for Others since my favorite sport is not there.

I love archery. I spent a year's worth of physical education in the university for that. It's so cool!!! I'm no Legolas wannabe, by the way. biggrin.gif

~alcyone
ALCYONE BAY, al090
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." - Albert Einstein

Clover O'Riely
No broom

Postby Clover O'Riely » Mon Jul 22, 2002 3:42 am

I ride horses! I love show jumping! My heart leaps at every jump! My horse is awesome too! He makes everything so easy! He never stops in front of a jump! He never bits or bucks. you can walk under him and he wouldnt mind! The only problem is he like to play in puddles....... When it rains in the ring he likes to jump in the puddles! He looks so cute doing it but when all the water ends up on you are your new saddle.... not cute anymore. dry.gif
Top 5 reasons to be in Key Club 5. Combat The Forces Of Evil. 4. We Aren't Interact. 3. The Officers Are SEXY!! 2. Our Sponsor Has A Tongue Ring. 1. This Shirt Was Free With Dues.

Imogen Evans

Postby Imogen Evans » Mon Jul 22, 2002 3:51 am

I dance. Ballet, jazz, lyrical, tap...all those. And I do consider dance a sport. I mean it is isn't it? biggrin.gif. I take my dance VERY seriously. it's just like any other sport! Anyone who doesn't believe dance is a sport will have to answer to me(jk. I have to argue about this with people alot. Some people still insist it isn't a sport! It's as much a sport as Gymnastics or Ice Skating!!!)!

Hailey Paris
No broom

Postby Hailey Paris » Mon Jul 22, 2002 5:10 am

Dancing? A sport?

Isn't it more like art? Like theatre, and such. O.o

Cheerleading is a sport, though.

Not that hailey cheerleads.

Not that there's anything wrong with cheerleading.

Uhm, yes, hi. *smiles*.

Edited by Nagini - Disabled signature as it contains a link.
Last edited by Hailey Paris on Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prof. Nina Messersmith
No broom

Postby Prof. Nina Messersmith » Mon Jul 22, 2002 5:59 am

I would have to say Lacrosse is the best sport out there~ Only if quidditch could be real to us muggles.... but no, im sticking with lax! I find it brillantly fast! Its the so called "Fastest sport on foot" which i believe, considering we have to run 5 miles every practice! Which is every day! They're trying to kill us!

Hester
No broom

Postby Hester » Mon Jul 22, 2002 7:15 pm

Yes!!!! Cricket! Me and Tim are cricket people tongue.gif *wonders if anyone else likes cricket...*
Cricket is brilliant!!! Too bad hardly anyone here seems to know about it. Its a bit of a shame really...

Clover O'Riely
No broom

Postby Clover O'Riely » Mon Jul 22, 2002 7:33 pm

I am still saying Horses! The only bad part is they are really expensive! 300 a month for board not including what i need or vet, supplies, and i take lessons wich is anpther 100 a month! blink.gif
Top 5 reasons to be in Key Club 5. Combat The Forces Of Evil. 4. We Aren't Interact. 3. The Officers Are SEXY!! 2. Our Sponsor Has A Tongue Ring. 1. This Shirt Was Free With Dues.

Selena Astralis
No broom

Postby Selena Astralis » Tue Jul 23, 2002 11:22 pm

Ooh, I watched a lot of cricket when I was out of the country. Nice game, yesyes, but I don't play it.
I love to watch Ice Hockey (GO LEAFS!), Football/Soccer, and I snowboard, but the main sport I play is basketball, so that won my vote. laugh.gif
[Edit]- lol, I just remembered this guy on the English cricket team, named Jeremy Snape. Isn't that spiffing?
Glerf |Gryffindor - Home of the Lions | Appleby Arrows | se001
Hope unknown, sometimes just waking is surreal.
-E.

Fin Faldi

Postby Fin Faldi » Fri Jul 26, 2002 2:56 pm

i love hockey! best sport ever! i play goalie and right wing.
GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ph34r.gif

cheerleading isnt really a sport. i mean its like, yell and scream and dance. look im doin that right now! although if its in competition it is i guess. but thats basically gymnastics. cheering for another sport isn't a sport tho. its cheering for you team get it CHEERleaders.

thats just my opinion tho. its good to see so many people interested in it as an activity.

please don't hurt me!!but actually, this is the definition from my world book encyclopedia
CHEERLEADING is a colorful American sports tradition in which people called cheerleaders direct spectators in organized cheering during athletic events. and it goes on to give a description of the agegroup and when it was started and stuff. see its a sports tradition like eating a hotdog at a baseball game tho thats not a sport. ( i don not consider competative eating a sport. it is an act of ultimate overindulgence. yeah its funny to watch but its not athletic and therefore not a sport) tho wait a minute i guess cheerleading is a sport because it is athletic. but wait jogging is athletic but its not a sport, as is weightlifting....... oh well i confused myself but i guess it is basically gymnastics which is a sport...... so i guess it could be considered a subsport, a part of the large sport of gymnastics, like flag football, touchfootball and tackle football are part of the large sport of football. its still as important as any sport tho. it helps our teams rally and 'vanquish the enemy foes' so it is a subsport. liike the different kinds of football, or hockey(roller, ice, field, floor,)and it is important to our teams to see people cheering for them so yeah it is a subsport, but it is still very important to the team.

wow that was mostly rambling this is already way too long so ow i'm just gonna back away from the keyboard slowly.........

Edited to merge posts together.
Last edited by Fin Faldi on Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Sports Talk”