Bowling

Discuss Football, Tennis, Bowling, Rugby, Cricket...

Moderator: Maxwell Shadow

Steve Potter

Postby Steve Potter » Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:40 am

Hey,

I love to go bowling, I go every friday night with my friends to Rock & Bowl. My average game is 150-155.

Evee Flamephoenix
No broom

Postby Evee Flamephoenix » Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:20 pm

Hey,

I love bowling. I didn't played it for a long time but I'm pretty good at it. biggrin.gif
"I think there are 2 ways you can see the world. You either see the sadness that's behind everything or you choose to keep it all out. "

Miyamoto Akashi
No broom

Postby Miyamoto Akashi » Fri Jul 04, 2003 5:37 am

Bowling is great!

Unlike other sports, you don't have to be an athlete or be any good to have fun, although being good makes it even more fun.

It's a great way to spend time with friends, too.

Ryan Drake
No broom

Postby Ryan Drake » Fri Jul 04, 2003 5:44 am

Im not great at bowling, but its a blast anyway. I like midnight bowling. I went to a place where they lock the doors at midnight, you bowl for 5 hours and they serve pizza and soda all night and play music. It was awesome.
Ryan Drake
Proud to be a First Year Ravenclaw.

Lorelei Aiden
No broom
Location: Hufflepuff.....n we'll blow ur house down... *3 lil pigs*

Postby Lorelei Aiden » Sat Jul 05, 2003 1:22 am

have you guys done cosmic bowling? do you guys know what that is? hmmm...
i'm a happie camper!
i'm a happie huffie!

Toodles Noodles

lo376

Brittany Mae
No broom

Postby Brittany Mae » Sat Jul 05, 2003 1:38 am

How about lawn bowling? a cousin of bowling, really. I just learned it this year. If you're familiar with bocce ball, well it's just a more complicated version of it with more rules. There's a small white ball on one end of the court (called the jack) and you "bowl" your ball (called bowls) down the lane trying to get it close to the jack. It's done outside on a lawn (thus lawn bowling) It's a cool combo of a bunch of games and even more fun than bowling! It's also more difficult because the balls (bowls) have a bias...that is, they curve a certain way. Also, the bowls aren't round...the sides are flattened slightly. its such a cool game!!

~~Britty~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wand: Cedar, 14 inches, Billywig Sting
*Brittany Mae*br037*ravenclaw*
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality. --Jules de Gaultier

Lorelei Aiden
No broom
Location: Hufflepuff.....n we'll blow ur house down... *3 lil pigs*

Postby Lorelei Aiden » Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:01 am

Brittany wrote:How about lawn bowling? a cousin of bowling, really. I just learned it this year. If you're familiar with bocce ball, well it's just a more complicated version of it with more rules. There's a small white ball on one end of the court (called the jack) and you "bowl" your ball (called bowls) down the lane trying to get it close to the jack. It's done outside on a lawn (thus lawn bowling) It's a cool combo of a bunch of games and even more fun than bowling! It's also more difficult because the balls (bowls) have a bias...that is, they curve a certain way. Also, the bowls aren't round...the sides are flattened slightly. its such a cool game!!

~~Britty~~

wow! i've never really heard of this 'lawn bowling'.. i wanna play it! it sounds so interesting.... haha..

well.. cosmic bowling is pretty much bowling at night in the dark at a bowling place, but instead of regular lights lighting up the place... you have neon lights and it rotates and stuff... it's kinda cool b/c the balls and the pins are lighted up w/ different colors too! I like it.. smile.gif i like the colors! Haha..

smile.gif
i'm a happie camper!
i'm a happie huffie!

Toodles Noodles

lo376

Kai Clearwood
No broom

Postby Kai Clearwood » Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:37 am

I really really really love bowling. I'm not really good at it though. My highest score was like 150, but i usually average about 100. Last summer my cousins and i would go bowling, and we would end up playing at least 10 games. It was so fun.
Home is where the Sett is! ~Tarma Black
Face by Litia!

Edgar Evert
No broom

Postby Edgar Evert » Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:09 pm

Bowling isn't my favorite thing to do. (Actually, it's one of the worst things for me to do). I still need bumpers! Even then, I really stink at it! I may have gotton, oh, four strikes in my life! Sounds pretty pathetic huh? < <
HI

Godric de Mimsy Porpignions
No broom

Postby Godric de Mimsy Porpignions » Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:49 am

I like it. I try to go at least once a month. I'm not the best though practise makes perfect. I do 5 pin bowling. I've heard of lawn bowling. never played it though

lilly_tonks

Postby lilly_tonks » Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:53 pm

i love to bowl! with my friends, family, or just by myself! its fun! however my highest score was like a 70. lol . but just because im bad at it doesnt mean its not fun. biggrin.gif

lilly tonks

Caitlin Caretis
No broom

Postby Caitlin Caretis » Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:21 pm

I love bowling! I was in a league two years ago, and I'm going to sign up again this year, if I can find a few friends to be on a team with. My high game(10 pin) is 147 but my average is usually round 102.
The Formerly Prefect known as Elphie.

Caitlin Caretis
- Poke me! I Squeak!
----------
Third Year | CaitiCat | Demigoddess | In Jessa's Stomach | Zazzy |<#Hari!

Rumor Beauvais
No broom

Postby Rumor Beauvais » Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:49 pm

I love to go bowling, especially with my friends. I'm horrible at the sport, but it's still loads of fun if you don't go sliding down the lane like I often do on accident.

Rumor Beauvais

Wand: Ebony, 15 1/2 inches, Fairy Dust

Cho Delacour
No broom

Postby Cho Delacour » Sat Jul 19, 2003 3:24 am

I love to bowl. I't fun to do with Friends and something to do in the summer. I don't bowl much during the school year.But it's fun for the summer. biggrin.gif
sig and av by cho @ Sig 'n' Av Palace (WWW)

Q Kalila Chodelia Delacour Q

l Kalila Chodelia Delacour l Hufflepuff l Second Year l la376 l Hufflepuff Welcome Wagon l
l Proud Hufflepuff Foster Badger l

I'm thinking about getting an apartment in Hogsmead. If your interested PM me about it and I will get a list started off. This will only happen if I find enough roomates. (* Im thinking at least two or three but five tops. Don't want to be to mushed in *) Roommates so far Ali Einstein and Lavender Jade
Details: Your HOL full name, year, house, exc. exc.

Anthony Van Seschek
No broom

Postby Anthony Van Seschek » Sat Jul 19, 2003 6:15 am

*grumblea180grumble*

its not bad but try playing with ur uncles and cousins and ur brother who usually get 225+ each!!! sooo depressed when i got a 50 once... 5 gutters blink.gif

Monroe Kelly
No broom

Postby Monroe Kelly » Sat Jul 19, 2003 6:09 pm

League bowling is reason for continued living. Though, err, my high score is only a 149. *hides head in shame*
Uh, you got any gum?

Madeline Snapojonah
No broom

Postby Madeline Snapojonah » Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:17 am

I love bowling but I'm not the best at it. I'm usually happy if I break 60, however the last time I went I must have been doing something right cause I got a 95 my first game and then a 103 my second! The guy next to me almost bowled a perfect game! He got 9 strikes in a row but on his last ball he missed 1 pin!
"when in danger when in doubt, run in circles scream and shout"
"A day without laughter is a day wasted!"
"...and the dragon comes in the NNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!"
~Madeline~

Madeline Snapojonah
No broom

Postby Madeline Snapojonah » Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:20 am

[quote=Lorelei Aiden,Jul 4 2003, 07:01 PM] [QUOTE=Brittany,Jul 4 2003, 04:38 PM] How about lawn bowling? a cousin of bowling, really. I just learned it this year. If you're familiar with bocce ball, well it's just a more complicated version of it with more rules. There's a small white ball on one end of the court (called the jack) and you "bowl" your ball (called bowls) down the lane trying to get it close to the jack. It's done outside on a lawn (thus lawn bowling) It's a cool combo of a bunch of games and even more fun than bowling! It's also more difficult because the balls (bowls) have a bias...that is, they curve a certain way. Also, the bowls aren't round...the sides are flattened slightly. its such a cool game!!

[/quote]
Isn't that the same thing as bocce ball?
"when in danger when in doubt, run in circles scream and shout"
"A day without laughter is a day wasted!"
"...and the dragon comes in the NNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!"
~Madeline~

Leana Morrison
No broom

Postby Leana Morrison » Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:20 am

<3 bowling! -coughwithbumperscough- wink.gif Its sooooooooo much fun! We go bowling every year with the cousins! I got a strike on my first turn once! smile.gif
Leana Morrison | le400 | Second Year | Hufflepuff

FICKLE :: (adj) marked by erratic changeableness in affections or attachments; liable to change; unstable

Suki Kohana
No broom

Postby Suki Kohana » Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:55 am

Ooh I really love bowling! With friends it's really fun! Heheh, but I'm nothing without bumpers, I'd be getting it in the gutter otherwise (unless struck with luck)! It's fun to watch each your friends and yourself (well your friends watching you) make these different poses right before you let go of the ball. I think we tried to imitate this boy who slid on his stomach on the floor and then let his ball go. Haha it was really cute and all too funny at the same time.

Does anyone do little rituals to give them luck? Hahah in order to get a lot of pins? I used to do a little dance, haha made me look like a fool but it kinda worked...sorta..kinda.. biggrin.gif

Return to “Sports Talk”