Bowling

Discuss Football, Tennis, Bowling, Rugby, Cricket...

Moderator: Prof. Rorey Padfoot

Lani Pockerveil
No broom

Postby Lani Pockerveil » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:27 am

Well, I'm not the best at it. But do I like? Yeah! Bowling is fun.
{[color=blue]Ravenclaw}[/color]---Lani Pockerveil::la509---
---I love muffins--- {1st year}

Marguerite Davenport
No broom

Postby Marguerite Davenport » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:37 am

I love bowling, I haven't been in a while. But I think its awesome.
Proud Member of the Sneer Squad & President of the Order of the Blanket
Proud D. A. MEMBER
Fifth-Year Slytherin Pure Blood

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.

Lindsay Wilder
No broom

Postby Lindsay Wilder » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:59 pm

I love bowling. Me and my friends go all the time but I'm so bad at it. :(

Abigail Chalmers
No broom

Postby Abigail Chalmers » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:20 am

I am a huge bowling fan. Probably my favorite sport. Me and a friend go every wednesday after school although it really is starting to get expensive spending 12 bucks a week on it. We are planning to try out for a high school league although we probably will not make it. I average about 3 strikes a game. I hope to get my own bowling shoes and ball this year for christmas :)
Join The PPC Today

Spencer Ferguson
No broom

Postby Spencer Ferguson » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:29 am

I tend to enjoy going bowling, but I am not too good at it. I have my times where I am good and then sometimes I'm not. If I was playing on Nintendo Wii... that's a different story. However, in actuality I have some skills, but I tend to play for fun. I'm not a really competetive person when it comes down to certain things, especially not in sports.

Bere Lee
No broom

Postby Bere Lee » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:20 pm

wow, bowling, I love it yes, an easy sports that can be easily learn and with practice you get better, so yes I love it :) and Im more less good :)
Gryffindor
"Brave at heart, daring, nerve and chivalry"

Aaron Kingsley
No broom

Postby Aaron Kingsley » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:43 am

Lol bowling is so funny when you dont take it seriously and your just fooling around with your friends. Thats that I end up doing most of the time when i bowl :P

"You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart"

Classes signed up for: N/A

Class hoping to sign up for the 2010 spring term: Defense against the Dark Arts, Dragons, Charms, HOL 101, Auror-Traing Level One

Jinxy Jo
No broom

Postby Jinxy Jo » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:55 pm

I went bowling the other day and realised I need to have the bumpers up. Me and my friends are atrocious at the game and since we weren't really hitting anything and it kept going down the gutter, it made it a bit boring. Although I did get a strike.
If I should become a stranger, you know that it would make me more than sad (8)

Eno Thomas
Silver Arrow

Postby Eno Thomas » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:02 pm

I'm quite an amateur in bowling. I rarely play bowling in fact. It's interesting because I have a natural talent for this sport, once i did strike 4 times in a row >>
I find bowling quite boring, since it's not an "active" sport. I mean you can't move all time and such, it makes the sport more passive and boring.

Katrina Lovegood
No broom

Postby Katrina Lovegood » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:50 am

I used to like bowling - but I am terrible at it! It used to be fun with my friends, everyone making fools of themselves and laughing. However, one of my close friends now plays in championships and is fantastic at it! Sort of takes the fun out of it a bit when she is perfect and everyone else can't play :P

Ely Granger
Oakshaft 79

Postby Ely Granger » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:14 pm

I'm quite good at bowling.
I did get two strikes!!!
-------------- *Siggy by me* ------------------

Zachary Jameson
No broom

Postby Zachary Jameson » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:17 am

I LOVE BOWLING.... just not really good at it! XD! But I did go bowling a few months ago and managed to get a strike twice and beat my sister at one game. She won the second game. Our scores were always close till the end! XD!
Zachary Jameson

Second Year Grffyindor

Prof. Missa Matz
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Missa Matz » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:22 am

I bowl occasionally, for fun. Usually average about 120. My daughter is enrolled in a league, she just started, so she's not very good, but somehow got chosen for the state tournament last year. I think it had to do with improvement and her handicap score combined. >>
Unfortunately, she didn't get to go, because I won't let a 9 year old travel without me, but we did enroll her again this year in league play. Maybe she can improve on her 63 pin average. *g* Seeing as she started out with a 30 pin average 6 months before, I consider that a lot of improvement. :)

Taylor Cassie Summerlyn
No broom

Postby Taylor Cassie Summerlyn » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:48 pm

I used to bowl pretty often but I haven't for years now. I was in a bowling league probably about 8 years ago and I'm not sure why I stopped, I guess it's one of those things that just happens. I played a lot back then so I was pretty good by the time I stopped, but I sure didn't start out that way -- I still remember the time I managed to get a gutterball with bumpers up. It rolled right along the bumper the whole way up the lane and just sort of slipped into the gutter on the side of the pins once it got up there far enough. I didn't even know that could happen, but somehow I managed it!

Return to “Sports Talk”