Baseball's Opening Day 2018

Discuss Football, Tennis, Bowling, Rugby, Cricket...

Moderator: Prof. Rorey Padfoot

Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Baseball's Opening Day 2018

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:37 pm

Here in the US, today was opening day for MLB. My local team played elsewhere, so thankfully there was no traffic to deal with, at least, not as much traffic as there would have been, on my way home from campus. Looking at the current scores, I saw that my local team is winning, but anything can happen in the bottom of the 9th. My home team also won today.

I know there are quite a few baseball fans on here, so did any of you watch opening day on television or perhaps get the chance to go the ballpark for the live experience? How did your team fare?
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Alexandra Steele
No broom

Re: Baseball's Opening Day 2018

Postby Alexandra Steele » Tue May 29, 2018 11:46 pm

My home team didn't do too badly and scraped a win, so I'll count that as a good start. I didn't actually get to watch the game (I've given up on paying for cable, and decided to pass on watching from a bar), but Google is surprisingly good at giving me little notifications to keep me updated. I'm thinking I might try to see if there's a local rec team or something to go watch - I love watching the pros, but nothing replaces when two different office departments have decided to have it out! :D

Return to “Sports Talk”