Super Bowl LII

Discuss Football, Tennis, Bowling, Rugby, Cricket...

Moderator: Prof. Rorey Padfoot

Vanessa Tilley
Oakshaft 79

Super Bowl LII

Postby Vanessa Tilley » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:30 pm

So, the Super Bowl is just around the corner here in the United States. Even though I don't normally watch football games throughout the season, I do try to watch the Super Bowl every year. My husband does not like football so I tend to watch the game alone while he goes off and does something else.

Does anyone plan on watching the Super Bowl this year? Is there any traditions that you do for the Super Bowl like have a party, watch the game with the family, or wear a jersey to watch the game?

Shadow Gaunt
Oakshaft 79

Re: Super Bowl LII

Postby Shadow Gaunt » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:33 pm

I first learned of the Super Bowl 2 years ago. My family doesn’t ever watch football, and I don’t either. However, I do watch highlights of the match the next day or two just to get sense of what exactly happened. The Super Bowl is so important to America, and I understand that many people create traditions around it. I am interested to see what traditions people have, even though myself and my family never watched the whole game.
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin

Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:49 pm

The only sport my dad ever really introduced me to was baseball, so I don't know anything about football either. As far as the Super Bowl, I have no interest in watching it, but I will sometimes watch the half time show online the next day just so I know what people are talking about when they mention it. I know I've heard from some people that they watch the Super Bowl only for the half time show. Sometimes it can be okay, and other times, I get bored. I still don't really get the big deal around it though.
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Emanuel Hines
No broom

Postby Emanuel Hines » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:54 am

I don't know much about Superbowl, but I am going to watch a little this time; because it would be fun to see something new, especially because I am not a sport lover. I heard some things about it and now I am going to watch it a little. Hope it will be interesting enough. Who knows? Maybe I will continue with it.

Return to “Sports Talk”