Summer Olympics!

Discuss Football, Tennis, Bowling, Rugby, Cricket...

Moderator: Prof. Rorey Padfoot

Matilde Rayne
Moontrimmer

Summer Olympics!

Postby Matilde Rayne » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:57 pm

2016 is an Olympic year, with the summer games being held in Rio de Janeiro a few months from now in August.

I'm not super into watching sports normally (though I do sort of watch American football, just because of the household I grew up in, but that's not really following it... >_<), but both the summer and winter Olympics are really exciting and it's really cool seeing all of the talent.

Are others planning on watching the Olympics (and for those that are, do you usually follow sports)? Which summer sports are your favorites?

Probably the only sport I at least semi-properly keep up with between Olympic games is gymnastics, probably because I find some of the skills that are thrown to be nothing short of amazing. So that's definitely a favorite of mine. :)

Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Comet 180

Re: Summer Olympics!

Postby Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:03 pm

Volleyball! Both indoor and beach. It's amazing to watch volleyball being played at the Olympic level.

Ashley Margaret
Silver Arrow

Postby Ashley Margaret » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:12 pm

Did anyone watch the opening ceremony yesterday? What did you think? I was busy with other things so I only managed to watch a portion of it.
Ashley Margaret :: 7th Year :: RQT <3

Prof. Cody Lewis
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Cody Lewis » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:08 pm

I missed the opening ceremony, but I tuned in on time to see the EUA (Estados Unidos da America) march in the Parade of Nations.

Basketball and volleyball are always fun to watch, but I can't wait to watch Justin Gatlin take on Usain Bolt. That's probably going to be the highlight of these games for me.

Return to “Sports Talk”