Rugby Union World Cup 2015

Discuss Football, Tennis, Bowling, Rugby, Cricket...

Moderator: Maxwell Shadow

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Rugby Union World Cup 2015

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:54 pm

I'm so excited that the Rugby World Cup is finally hear and being held in my country! The matches so far have been great - I definitely enjoyed seeing England win in the opening match - but I have to say the greatest match so far was South Africa vs Japan yesterday. Who'd have thought that the great Spingboks would be beaten in such a dramatic fashion by Japan?! Not that I wanted SA to lose, but I did actually cheer (and scare the cat on my lap) when Japan finally scored their last try at the end of the game.

Are there any matches you're looking forward to?
Which team are you supporting?
Are there any matches that you watch which you just have to talk to someone about?
Are you getting into rugby for the first time through this World Cup?
Did you have no idea it was on?

Post here!
Slytherin forever

Prof. Amy Lupin
Cleansweep Two

Re: Rugby Union World Cup 2015

Postby Prof. Amy Lupin » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:08 am

The South Africa vs Japan match was a real nail-biter! I’ll admit that I caught myself cheering for Japan at one stage, although I did come to regret that very, very quickly. XD

One match I’m looking forward to is the England vs Australia match — it should be quite a good one! I’m definitely going try make a point of watching all of South Africa’s games, but I’m hoping to try catch a few others as well.

South Africa definitely has my support (despite some conflicting feelings the other day >>), and so does England. I usually support England when it comes to soccer, and that support seems to have carried over to rugby as well.

It looks like this is going to be one interesting tournament!

Prof. Amy Lupin
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Amy Lupin » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:57 am

I’m really glad that the Springboks were able to rally after losing last week’s match. They put on a great performance against the Samoans and scored some fantastic tries.

I’m feeling more confident now about South Africa’s chances in the World Cup. GO BOKKE!

ETA: I watched the England vs. Wales match highlights a short while ago, and by the look of things, it was quite a match!

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:49 am

It was a great match but I definitely felt more than a little deflated at the end worth the result. I could see it coming though as Wales got more confident. It's not the end of the world but it definitely makes things harder.

I missed the SA match as I was out but the score looks great for you guys. :)
Slytherin forever

Prof. Amy Lupin
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Amy Lupin » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:11 am

This weekend’s matches should be quite exciting! I’ll probably only manage to catch the South Africa vs Wales game, but I’ll be watching the results of the other quarterfinal matches with great interest.

I am a bit disappointed about England not making it through the quarterfinals — I was half-hoping to see South Africa play against them at some stage, ideally a repeat of the 2007 World Cup. ;) Japan played really well all things considered, so I would have liked to see them progress to this round as well.

The highlight of the group stages for me was seeing Bryan Habana, who incidentally is one of my favourite rugby players, match Jonah Lomu’s World Cup try-scoring record.

Return to “Sports Talk”